Help choosing MP3 player

peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
Forum Member
Can anyone recommend an MP3 player for someone with poor vision and arthritic fingers? My grandson gave me an iplayer but I found it too difficult to use. Many thanks.

Comments

• peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    Nobody?
  • mastanlemmastanlem Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peaches41 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend an MP3 player for someone with poor vision and arthritic fingers? My grandson gave me an iplayer but I found it too difficult to use. Many thanks.

Have a look at the Sony E series from Argos other suppliers available. they might let you look at it before buying. Not a bad player. with good sound.

marina
  • ssrssr Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Try this one, you will not get better audio from another player.
    After transferring all your music files, set to random, then its a one button stop/start

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0089B6330/ref=asc_df_B0089B633012577164?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=hydra0b-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B0089B6330&hvpos=1o1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6052104451730723580&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=
    Forum Member
    Very helpful, many thanks to you all. :)
  • pumazoomapumazooma Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume you mean you were given an ipod but depending on which one it was, it's worth having a look at the ipod touch.
    It only has a couple of buttons, nice big screen, and the settings have accessibility options (in fact the ipod you have should have them too).
    This allows you to choose multiple levels or larger fonts, zoomed screen, voice over, inverted screen colours for high contrast easy reading, and a few other features.
    http://www.apple.com/uk/accessibility/itunes/ipodtouch.html
    Forum Member
    pumazooma wrote: »
    I assume you mean you were given an ipod but depending on which one it was, it's worth having a look at the ipod touch.
    It only has a couple of buttons, nice big screen, and the settings have accessibility options (in fact the ipod you have should have them too).
    This allows you to choose multiple levels or larger fonts, zoomed screen, voice over, inverted screen colours for high contrast easy reading, and a few other features.
    http://www.apple.com/uk/accessibility/itunes/ipodtouch.html

Now this looks like just what I need - my fingers don't work well and my sight is not so good, and this has very easy looking touch facilities and is bigger that the one I have. The price is not bad, either, Argos do the cheapest from what I can see. Many thanks pumazooma for the tip.
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peaches41 wrote: »
    Now this looks like just what I need - my fingers don't work well and my sight is not so good, and this has very easy looking touch facilities and is bigger that the one I have. The price is not bad, either, Argos do the cheapest from what I can see. Many thanks pumazooma for the tip.

If you get one, just pick the silver Settings icon (it looks like some gears), then select General and scroll the screen to the bottom where you'll find "Accessibility". All the settings you want will be in there

I know a couple of people with iDevices who have sight issues and they get a lot of use from these devices thanks to these settings.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite get the impression something like a Defy Mini smartphone fits the bill.
    Its meant to have good audio output and a decent built in music player.
    And the lower resolution screen should make things finger easier too, so a very good all rounder at £50 unlocked. And obviously the memory is also upgradeable.

Just put it in airplane mode and the battery will last forever.(exaggeration)