Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    What address did you contact them on?

http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    kirk81 wrote: »

Thatnks, I am currently in discussions with them regarding my issues.
    Forum Member
    Thatnks, I am currently in discussions with them regarding my issues.

Your welcome, Hope you get them sorted... keep us posted with how you get on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Anybody else suffering from a BBC iPlayer bug? When the prgramme ends instead of reverting to the usual programme screen I just get the words 'Loading.....' and then I have to quit channel 901 and then go back and start from scratch. Also happens if I stop a programme mid way through and press the yellow button to 'Go Back'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    First time since the update, most of the timers have disapeared, the wife not impressed, she wants me to get sky back, will they ever get this boxed fixed?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Samsung customer support has been terrible.
    They eventually decide the product needed called and recalled for repair.
    They authorised the repair, and said I would get a jiffy bag and collection call/date.
    It failed to materialise.
    Now after further discussions, they have resent a jiffy bag and collection call/date.
    This hasn't materialised either.

It is over 8 weeks since I first contacted them, and I am still left with a box which will output no sound over HDMi, unless there is an ARC channel present on the HDMi.

I went and bought a new TV instead, a cheap panel with an ARC channel. The box is at functional now.

Not overly pleased with Samsung. At least their TVs seem to be much better quality than their STBs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Just wanted to say, since the last software update, my SMT-7800S has been rocksolid, not a single quirk or hiccup.

Everything it's been asked to record it's done so, everything appears in the library, the box is fast to navigate and the missus has no problems using it.

It's FINALLY a true Sky replacement. It's a shame it's taken so long for anyone to get a Freesat box that's as good as Sky and as good (or in my experience, more reliable) than Sky boxes.

I know of only one remaining quirk, if you try and record 2x HD channels and play back a previously recorded HD recording, the box will without fail lockup and need a power cycle. However now I know about this, I avoid it.
    Forum Member
    ClashcityRocker,

I agree. Got this box over a year ago and lost the library once. But since then it's been fine. One minor bug still for me. On BBC iplayer - when a programme ends the unit does not respond to the yellow button 'Return' command and simply hands with 'Loading...' showing at the top right hand side of the screen. I have to come out of Channel 901 and go back in to 901 and restart iplayer.

I spent the weekend at my mum's who has SKY and exactly the same TV (and settings - I know as I set it up) as myself and the picture quality on the Samsung box is so much better.

Now if they could just sort out that iPlayer bug...
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only thing about mine that I find disruptive now is that it doesn't automatically link back to my Samsung TV when I bring them both out of sleep. I have to do the "Tools>OK>OK>OK" thing every time to join the Freesat box back to the remote. Apart from that it works exactly as I'd like it to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I have had my Samsung Freesat S7800 since September 2011.
    In all that time the box has locked up twice,but on both occasions has retained all Recordings & Timings.Has simply been a case of switch off at mains & back on.
    I have read much of the feedback on here & just assumed mine was an exception.
    The picture is great & recording spot on.I hope I am not tempting fate!
    My only concern has been the future of the Freesat service,not the box.
    Clearly Samsung have not done themselves any favours with regard to Customer Service,although I have not needed to use them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    An owner of the 7800 since 2011
    I also thought it was only fair to give an update after the last update all has been perfect on my STB no library issues at all

Thank you Samsung, we now have a box we can rely on and this IS the SKY replacement I wanted ...... if only you had been more open and responsive to our fears a lot of this bad press would have been avoided I feel.
    Forum Member
    The only issue i ever had was with the missing library... this would happen maybe once or twice a month.

Now since the last update the box has been rock solid and not failed me once. Its a shame the box was released with faults.... but now i cant fault it, a perfect replacement for sky :)
    Forum Member
    Kirk, Sonic - any problems with BBC iPlayer like I described in my earlier post?
    Forum Member
    EMcG67 wrote: »
    Kirk, Sonic - any problems with BBC iPlayer like I described in my earlier post?

I use bbci player daily and never experienced any problems
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    lost timers again, I have put it down to using you-tube, as the day that recordings stopped was the day that I was using you tube for my daughter. Its a shame because I liked using you-tube on the Samsung free-sat box. Ill send an email to see if they can fix this bug, has anyone else suffered with the same bug, I'm on the latest firmware also and second time it has happened in just under 2 months.
    Have also noticed when the timers are lost if you try to re add them on,you get another instance is recording message but they aren't, the only way you can fix this, is you guessed it, factory reset.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Hi all,

right, this issue with my Samsung has got me stumped!

I've recently replaced 2 SkyHD boxes with 2 x 7800 Freesat (much to my wife's disgust)

Got the following problem -

Usually, programs from C4 and C4HD record without any issue whatsoever, but whenever the Mrs tries to record "What's cooking" (weekdays, 1130am) the timer for it shows up fine in library (series record) but the next day the timer for the previous days programme has dissapeared and there is no program recorded?

I have set it up myself on 2 different occasions (deleting previous timer setup and even recording on C4 instead of C4 HD) but come what may, it will not record this program but records everything else on C4/C4HD without issue!

Any solutions/thoughts to possible cause out there folks?
  • Soap DodgerSoap Dodger Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Have had my Sammy box for over a year....my second one as I too had Library issues.....and it has performed very very well indeed!! Bit slow accessing the programmes from the hard disc in the Library mode but liveable with!!
    However, today I tried to record STV (Scottish ITV) to record "This Morning". On pressing the red button up came "Recording ITV "(not stv) closely followed by "Recording Channel ITV ( Channel Islands ITV). Tried a full re-boot including verifying my postcode but same happened again and again!!
    Strange as uptil new the box has been impeccable!!!
    Forum Member
    Ncf,

I set my box and it recorded 'What's Cooking' and kept the next day's timer without a problem.
    Forum Member
    Bizarre,

After trying literally all last week and the week before, it worked today!

Cheers for the comments anyway folks
  • Makum101Makum101 Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Is there a RF modulator for this box as Im thinking of moving mine to my cupboard and connecting it to my coax distribution unit to replace my sky HD box in there as I can no longer record on it due to no subscription. This would distribute it all round my house.

Also would my magic eye's work with the Samsung S8700?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sky magic eyes won't work :(

One of these I guess would work as a modulator

http://www.maplin.co.uk/programmable-universal-modulator-33050
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makum101 wrote: »
    Is there a RF modulator for this box as Im thinking of moving mine to my cupboard and connecting it to my coax distribution unit to replace my sky HD box in there as I can no longer record on it due to no subscription. This would distribute it all round my house.

Also would my magic eye's work with the Samsung S8700?

The trax tri-link combines a modulator and a magic eye demodulator and infra red transmitter so would allow you to do both.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TRI-LINK-Control-Freesat-Freeview-around/dp/B002R634DU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1369213560&sr=8-3&keywords=triax+tv+link
  • Mr_RobMr_Rob Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ello...
    something odd happening. my box is being v e r y sluggish of late. commands not registering for 20 secs, playback hit and miss. this all happening from what i can see whilst recording (in background) britian's got talent (i know i know, for wife)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Rob wrote: »
    ello...
    something odd happening. my box is being v e r y sluggish of late. commands not registering for 20 secs, playback hit and miss. this all happening from what i can see whilst recording (in background) britian's got talent (i know i know, for wife)

You could try turning it off at the mains for a few minutes and if that does not help a factory reset.

Note: Factory reset does not format drive so your recordings should be okay but all planed recordings will have to be re-entered.
    Forum Member
    Hi,

I'm having similar issues with audio on the SMT-S7800, just wondering if anyone has a solution.

Basically, I have the following devices:

Samsung UE40EH6030K LCD TV
    Samsung SMT-S7800 Free Sat box
    Samsung BD-E5300 Blu Ray player

All devices are connected by HDMI

The TV and Free Sat were purchased at the end of 2012, the Free Sat box was flashed with the latest firmware at that time, there has been no new firmware updates since, the TV has had several updates since purchasing and is currently flashed with 1014, which is dated March 2013 (I can't remember when I flashed this).

At the beginning of April, out of the blue, the audio stopped playing (video still displays) from the Free Sat box. The Blu Ray player still outputs sound and video as does the TV's built in Free View.

I've tried factory resetting the devices, ensured that the devices are not muted!, swapped the HDMI cables, changed the HDMI ports that the devices were connected to. The TV would not let me re-flash the firmware as presumably it knew it already has the latest version. The SMT-S7800 was re-flashed successfully. It's worth noting that the Blu Ray player works fine in both of the TV's HDMI ports, none of these fixed the audio issue.

I RMA'd the Free Sat box back to Richer Sounds and it was subsequently returned 'fixed'. I hooked it back up to th TV, still displays video, but again without sound.

My father recently gave me a Samsung portable LCD TV, so I hooked the SMT-S7800 Free Sat box to that via HDMI, low and behold, I get sound and video on the Samung portable TV.

Totally confused!

If anyone has any suggestions to this problem, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance