American Idol Results Show - Ch 5* - Friday 22nd March (UK time - no spoilers pls)

ellie4265ellie4265 Posts: 1,875
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ugh, don't believe it, after having taken care to avoid potential spoilers all day it's just been ruined for me by the Daily Mail website - AVOID!

Comments

• OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Xist almighty is it that delayed over there? That the real problem, eh? You should if possible look into bypassing the idiotic system if they are going to play it like that.
  • ellie4265ellie4265 Posts: 1,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's shown the following night. I'm grateful to be able to watch it here in the UK, but getting a spoiler from a British website is so annoying - will remember to avoid it next Friday.

Starting soon, enjoy UK peeps!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy Iovine should be a judge, he's great.
  • DixDix Posts: 79,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi people, just got in, but can't say how long I'll be here, as we've had a lot of power glitches, one a day so far! duh!

Nice to hear some singing anyhow:)
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    ellie4265 wrote: »
    Jimmy Iovine should be a judge, he's great.

I'm always much more interested to hear his opinions rather than the judges, although he can come across dam scary at times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really Jimmy...the show picks the genre, and the singer picks the song! Since when! or is this a new idea ;):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stash22 wrote: »
    I'm always much more interested to hear his opinions rather than the judges, although he can come across dam scary at times.

I'm a Jimmy fan too. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Res time...

Amber stands...looks at her rehearsal clip....can understand the nerves then.......hangs tight

gee ads!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back
    to
    Group Song which is liked by the audience and judges

Paul stands by Ryan and his proclamation of his own day.

aaah..Paul....bottom 3

Casey is back, but that was known wasn't it. ;)

lol, like his version of I saw Her Standing There. :D

extra..the boy judges stood and clapped, while the girl judges remained in their seats, something different. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, lucky escape for Lazaro. I am glad - thought he got a rubbish song to sing last night.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girls singing together...here there everywhere.....a Ryan res moment ;)

Devin stands............bottom 3

Lazaro.....has to get his mojo back.....safe....good luck to him, sweet lad:)

and
    back
    to
    ads
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, lucky escape for Lazaro. I am glad - thought he got a rubbish song to sing last night.

Nice to see ye, as I thought everyone had gone. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, I'm still here!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're back....

Jessica and Narural Woman performance clip...has grown so she has.

Performing her single Tonight. Bouncy number, but don't feel it's that different to what's already out there. Maybe listening to it a few times one will get used to it. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, I'm still here!

Which is excellent, as all I'm doing is passing time. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, I'm still here!

Which is excellent, as all I'm doing is passing time. :D 27 seconds DS?...hmmm, only posted it once, but can always leave if you like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see Jessica again. That seemed like a long ad break.
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    The guys seem ALOT weaker than the girls this year... really surprising, am cynical but could it be a way of pushing forward a female winner to win back interest in the show from lost viewers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to more Results...:)

Kree....safe

Candice...safe

Angie.....safe

Janelle....safe

Burnell.......safe

Amber... bottom 3

sing for save........Paul

Amber...safe after all

Paul....sounds ok to me, should stay....but he doesn't! Felt Randy was too quick with that No.

show over!

see ya folks next time, if power doesn't play games. ;) crosses fingers. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Night folks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty much going to the consensus so far, it could have been Lazaro but he's got a Latino vote propping him up for a little while yet. Amber's a good singer but as I suspected, is struggling to compete against the effortless Candice.

What happened to the top 3? That idea didn't last long!
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    lazaro must have been saved by the sympathy vote

never felt his voice was strong enough to even get this far and better contestants missed out on the top ten

interesting to see him say again tonight as he did last night when he was interviewed after his live performance that a last minute change to his song was the reason he struggled when jimmy had already said in his VT that he had been working with lazaro on that song 5 days before the live show

little white lie to make people feel sorry for him
  • OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    interesting to see [Lazaro] say again tonight as he did last night when he was interviewed after his live performance that a last minute change to his song was the reason he struggled when jimmy had already said in his VT that he had been working with lazaro on that song 5 days before the live show

little white lie to make people feel sorry for him

Eh... this still needs to be explained. I know I don't respect Iovine. Not that Iovine is lying or mistaken either; but Lazaro must be on about something. Whatever happened needs to be explained.

Anyway, Neither Lazaro nor Jolley need to be going much further, so I can't be outraged that Jolley fell. Jolley didn't do a good job with is song either.

The Beatles do clarify things. I could go on. But my earlier picks did really well as far as I'm concerned -- Burnell, Candice, Kree.. while Amber did nicely and so swaps ever-so-slightly with Angela who didn't... And Devin did well too, so I'd like to see him stay longer than Lazaro at this point... But I still want to hear what happened with "My Life" which is why I'm back here making my comment to your comment! :D
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    The girls are so far superior to the boys this year, I am finding it hard to choose my favourite so it will have to be on the performance on the night.

As for Lazaro and Paul, they were dire so I agree with the result.
  • kitbitkitbit Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Dix wrote: »
    Really Jimmy...the show picks the genre, and the singer picks the song! Since when! or is this a new idea ;):)

Since pretty much always. Is why the judges rant on and on about song choice. Simon Cowell certainly used to. Is X-Factor where the songs get picked for them.