Will Blockbuster charge me late fees?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
Forum Member
So I joined the online rental site with an £8 a month membership, I took it out on the 6th of october and rented a game. On the 6th of November, they didnt take out the money for another month, so Ive still had that game for an extra 13 days which wasnt my fault because I was going to return if before 6th november and cancel my membership but I lost my return slip and they didnt send me any new ones even though I requested them!

Also where do I return this game? Im so confused now.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They went into administration and the service no longer exists, I'd have thought they'd have emailed the users...
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just make sure you cancel the automatic charge with your bank and then see if the administrators request the disk back.

By the way, I cancelled mine this month - strangely they don't (didn't?) use direct debit so I had to phone my bank to cancel rather than do it online. My bank told me that they don't use continuous payment authority either. They just take the money out of your debit card. I'm not 100% sure what the difference between that and CPA is but I assume CPA requires account no and sort code rather than card details.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Cheers guys, I rarely check my email to be honest but I just did, and you guys are right, they've crumbled but the email includes nothing about what to do with disks in possession.

Ill also phone my bank and see if I can stop them from taking anymore money out even though they havent taken anything out on the 6th of nov, which was supposed to be next payment date.