Christian crosses printed on clothes?

Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
Forum Member
This seems to be very popular fashion now, I’ve even seen it on high street shelves. Especially black crosses, sometimes angled or upside-down.

Does anyone know where this fashion originates? Perhaps from someone who loves and reveres the cross? Or maybe from people seeking to further trivialise and undermine the meaning of the cross?

I could rant about it being objectionable, but I don’t want to condemn anyone who wears crosses. I just hope they appreciate that the cross is way more than “just a shape”, it is incredibly powerful, both symbolically and (to me) literally. It is of course a very gruesome symbol of barbaric torture and death, but it is also, for some of us, a symbol of life itself.

Since crosses are becoming so conspicuously worn now, I really want people to know how much this simple shape means to me and Christians like me. The cross is my heart, my soul; my reason to live. When I wear it, it represents my love and commitment for my Lord and saviour, whose name I have been baptised into. It’s like a wedding ring for a believer. A special symbol of my unity with him. It is worn for the completely opposite reason to fashion—not to fit in with the world, but to show I have been called out of the world to live for the Lord Jesus.

I’m not trying to be harsh or judgemental about what people wear. I just want people to be mindful of how massive a deal that shape is to some people. Well… to me anyway!

Love,
Dizzy :)