FREE GAME - Spartacus Legends

ExoPaulExoPaul Posts: 43
Forum Member
Didn't see anyone post it but following on from Fable 3.... Spartacus Legends is now FREE to download.

Please Note:

It is in the Arcade section and when you click it you will be looking at the Arcade Trial..... be sure to click the "View Full Game" option which will take you to the Download Full Game which is free (2Gb) to download.
For some reason it is not available in the Free For Gold option yet where Fable 3 is still advertised and clicking the Advert for Spartacus on the home screen just takes you to random demo's with no mention of it.

Comments

• seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks I would have mist this. Is this game any good?

I never knew about the free for gold section. I just searched for fable and downloaded it that way.

Where on the dashboard is the free for gold?
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Wasn't this game free to play anyway?
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When ever I hear "free to play" I just think Micro Transactions. Is there Micro Transactions? and if there is, is there stuff that cannot be obtained through regular playing?
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    Wasn't this game free to play anyway?

Yep, it's always been free-to-play from what I heard...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    For some crazy reason it does not show up on UK p.s.n. can't find it to even download. Sony and Ubi.soft. suck.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do what I did and use the search games option and type in Spartacus Legends, and it will come straight up.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    on xbox its right on the dash. In the big box
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    When ever I hear "free to play" I just think Micro Transactions. Is there Micro Transactions? and if there is, is there stuff that cannot be obtained through regular playing?

The most expensive micro transaction was $150 for gold coins if I remember right. You do get gold coins but you would have to play for donkeys years to earn that amount. Also the servers used to be constantly down and the game was buggy as heck when I played.

Fable 3 and a formerly free to play game, they are hardly setting the xbox community alight with their free games.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    Fable 3 and a formerly free to play game, they are hardly setting the xbox community alight with their free games.

Spartacus is NOT one of the "Games with Gold" freebies. The next one of those will be either Halo 3 or AC2.
  • ExoPaulExoPaul Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Spartacus is NOT one of the "Games with Gold" freebies. The next one of those will be either Halo 3 or AC2.

As you log into Xbox Live there is a dirty great big box on the main home screen saying "Free For Gold - Spartacus Legends".

The only problem is that when you click it, it took you to the wrong section.

If it was always free or is not part of the Free for Gold members then that is not my fault..... it clearly said it was in a dirty great big advert on the main page of Xbox Live that it was!!!

Even the XBOX.COM website says "Exclusive To Gold".
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Spartacus-Legends/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411256
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I usually hate fighting games but i'm quite enjoying it. I just got to the point where I had to fight the guy who is unarmed, and he kicks my arse so easy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ExoPaul wrote: »
    As you log into Xbox Live there is a dirty great big box on the main home screen saying "Free For Gold - Spartacus Legends".

If it was always free or is not part of the Free for Gold members then that is not my fault..... it clearly said it was in a dirty great big advert on the main page of Xbox Live that it was!!!

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Spartacus-Legends/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411256

It is, and always has been, a free download for Gold members. It is not 'specifically' one of the range of 'new' Games with Gold games... http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/Live/game-with-gold

Games with Gold is a specific, new, thing that MS are doing. Saying that Spartacus is free for gold is simply because it's free and they just happen to be giving it a push at the moment...
  • ExoPaulExoPaul Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    It is, and always has been, a free download for Gold members. It is not 'specifically' one of the range of 'new' Games with Gold games... http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/Live/game-with-gold

Games with Gold is a specific, new, thing that MS are doing. Saying that Spartacus is free for gold is simply because it's free and they just happen to be giving it a push at the moment...

Fair enough.... just another minor fail by Microsoft for running two similar promotions with similar sounding names, both offering FREE games for being Gold members, that then get lost amongst the entire mess that is the Xbox Live UI navigation.

It is bad enough that they have hidden Games For Gold in two levels of menu system, but the fact this other Free For Gold (which is the same concept in all but its execution) advert takes you to the completely wrong menu is not a great way to extol the virtues of the Xbox Live at a time when they are clearly doing whatever they can to outshine Sony and their Free Game A Month PSN+ offerings.

Can't help feel that with the end date for this being Xmas time.... that all this "Free Games" stuff is all a big buttering up of customers on all the amazing things that MS are giving you with your subscription..... before then upping the subscription cost to £55 a year for XboxOne..... it all feels a bit like a backhanded sweetener to prepare you for a price rise by saying its worth the extra increase in Subscription fee's because we offer everything that PSN+ pass offers but we give away AAA titles for the bigger subscription too! And then a month after launch when everyone has bought a years worth of this extra subscription fee during Xmas shopping season, they drop the promotion and suddenly everyone is on Xbox One with a bigger Xbox Live subscription fee and no new Games For Gold to show for it in the new year!
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £55 a year when was that announced?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whilst it's in the news, I'll just point out that, as far as I'm aware, Happy Wars, Doritos Crash Course, and Harms Way are still (and have always been) free to grab, too.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    ExoPaul wrote: »

What am I missing here, where does it say "exclusive to gold"?

This game is also on PS3, it's a multiplatform F2P. It's a shame it's not really very good, a realistic gladiator game (think in the vein of Dark Souls) has a lot of potential.