Orange/T-Mobile data outage?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone experiencing problems?

Despite my iPhone 5 displaying the 3G symbol, I can't access mobile data at all using either the Orange or T-Mobile network. I'm in the Bolton/Wigan area.

Comments

• rasseru16rasseru16 Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am connected to a T-Mobile mast and my 3G/HSPA+ is working fine :-)

I am in Norfolk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Possibly my local mast. It was working fine earlier this evening and now nothing.
  • Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fine all evening in Scotland (Fife).
  • davybhoydavybhoy Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Several outages in Dundonald for the last 3 - 4 weeks but at work at the minute so can't tell if it's back on today or not...
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    With the current upgrade activity I would be surprised if there wasn't some outages somewhere.
    No pain, no gain :)
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Most upgrade work is done at the weekend. These will are likely to be proper faults.
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    And I mean't "weren't" not "wasn't".
    God, I hate bad grammer!
    Uncle Jack got me again.
    :)
  • John_PatrickJohn_Patrick Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most upgrade work is done at the weekend. These will are likely to be proper faults.

Utter Tosh.

Upgrade work is done Monday - Friday mainly.

The only upgrades done at weekends (out of hours) is on sites who have corporate customers using the sites involved.

Do you think that the engineers doing the work will sit at home 5 days a week and just work weekends?

Ive been doing upgrades/swaps/new builds on the networks for ten years now and in that time have probably only ever worked weekends about 60 times.
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Three site always gets upgraded at the weekend. They seem to just work shifts, dunno why but the 2 last planned outages for antenna work were sheduled at the weekend. This is an MBNL site.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    I'm on orange and for the past 2 weeks now haven't been able to use my phone properly, can't make calls, connect to Internet, send texts etc. all incoming calls go straight to voicemail and texts don't get through, the only thing that temporarily resolves it is to switch the phone off and on again but this only works for a few minutes at a time. Other people I know on orange are experiencing the exact same problem. Orange say is a mast (blah) and each time I phone they give me a different timescale of when it will be fixed.