Why is everyone so hard on Corrie's Faye?

Comments

• Cody1Cody1 Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is she supposed to be 10 in corrie? theres no way my kid gets the same kind of freedom Faye gets, maybe its a city thing but no way would mine even contemplate sneaking off past the boundaires they already have set.

faye does have a know it all attitude that psses you off, im sure the little lass that plays her is just lovely i dont like slating child actors they are all someones children at the end of the day doing a job that producers have asked them to do - so id say this girl is doing a good job :D
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Faye is very annoying and moans a lot. but apart from that she isn't that bad, for a kid who has been brought up by a drug addict. it's Anna who lets her off with her bad behavior. because of her past she may not have very good morals, it's up to Anna to teach her right from wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Faye is very annoying and moans a lot. but apart from that she isn't that bad, for a kid who has been brought up by a drug addict. it's Anna who lets her off with her bad behavior. because of her past she may not have very good morals, it's up to Anna to teach her right from wrong.

but shes never there for her..Anna is always in the cafe flashing her cleavage at all and sundry, or screeching at Owen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    Hahaha

All the hate as you put it is there because she can't act, another little girl would have made this character a lot more likeable and believable.

Would the other actress have changed the scripts like? As much as I don't like Faye, she is playing the CHARACTER.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amb5rs17 wrote: »
    My mistake, I read an article a while ago that referred to her as 13, I still think she looks much older than 10 though.

Oh she does, and acts older too.

I just think they could turn it around a bit if they showed more of her vulnerable child-like side, instead of making her a total brat as default mode. (Obviously, I know that's not the actress' fault - she can only play the part as it's given to her).
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rossy22 wrote: »
    Would the other actress have changed the scripts like? As much as I don't like Faye, she is playing the CHARACTER.

I feel that a better actress would be doing a much better job than this one. Its how she delivers her lines and that tongue sticking out business she does its just all annoying and someone told me she was crap in moving on too. Thank god I never saw it.

Think of a girl who can have two faces as in a sweet angelic little girl but can turn nasty at the drop of a hat, with this actress, she's one dimensional and has no depth. Her face always seems to look like she is peed off and in my opinion, it shouldn't.
  • LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She does amazing considering she's 10!.. Now look at Emmerdale's Gabby. I think she's 11 and she's only just begun to talk. Although many wish she never started now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She does amazing considering she's 10!.. Now look at Emmerdale's Gabby. I think she's 11 and she's only just begun to talk. Although many wish she never started now

I quite like Gabby and the actress portraying Faye is 11 not 10 not that it makes much difference, however Gabby never had lines so she wouldn't talk would she?
  • LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like Gabby and the actress portraying Faye is 11 not 10 not that it makes much difference, however Gabby never had lines so she wouldn't talk would she?

It just always seemed strange how she never spoke even when in the background it was like she was so young, me and my mum used to forget she was older than like 6 lol, that's no exaggeration

Don't get me wrong though, I'm one of the people who enjoys Gabby as she's causing trouble for Maurel :D woop! As with Sandy :L

It's just the massive difference between the way Gabby and Faye act. Gabby has always acted incredibly young and when the 'her stealing vodka' story my mum and me laughed because it seemed so funny seeing her involved with that. But if Faye had taken it it'd be so much easier to believe.. She just plays a way more mature character than the one of Gabby
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,189
    Forum Member
    People dont like her because she's a vile actress and a vile character.... ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Its Owen that is vile, Faye is just an annoying kid, who granted is not the world's best actress.

And why does he (Owen) call every female, and I mean every single one "love". Usually with a sneer on his face.

Why ever would Anna give him houseroom.
    Bring back "Mr Kipling" the lovely Eddie Windass
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member

I don't get this. Gabby is on a par with Faye for acting and likeability so why like Gabby and not Faye :confused: Clearly it's about who as a viewer you take to which is fair enough but at least it's cleared up the idea that Faye is badly acted which was always wrong in my opinion.
    People dont like her because she's a vile actress and a vile character.... ;)

If you can appreciate Faye is a vile character then by definition the acting is decent :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    I have recently seen many posts (mostly regarding soaps) defending the actors portraying their characters feelings. I personally could not give a toss if they don't like whats posted about them on DS. I pay my license fee, my sky subscription and electric to power my tv to watch them act and if I do not like what I see I am entitled to give my opinion on their acting. Stop pussy footing around them they are getting paid to do it. they are not charity cases. They are in the public eye and should be able to take criticism, if not they are in the wrong job.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I don't get this. Gabby is on a par with Faye for acting and likeability so why like Gabby and not Faye :confused: Clearly it's about who as a viewer you take to which is fair enough but at least it's cleared up the idea that Faye is badly acted which was always wrong in my opinion.

If you can appreciate Faye is a vile character then by definition the acting is decent :cool:

I think Gabby is the better actress of the 2, the eyes she does are amazing, almost scary
    Forum Member
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I think Gabby is the better actress of the 2, the eyes she does are amazing, almost scary

Fair enough. To be honest I'm not that fussed about who is the best but more about why posters dislike Faye so much and that they defend their dislike by saying she is a bad actor. If Gabby is better which is only an opinion it's only slightly so why the huge dislike for Faye :confused:
  • billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    Horrible manipulative spoilt little brat.
    Owen should leave Anna, she enables & excuses Faye to be an annoying brat who has been nothing but trouble since day 1.Even laid back Eddie Windass couldn't stand her.

She's a smug little bitch who knows consequences will not occur whatever she does, and she uses bleating to social services as a shield to do whatever the hell she likes. This Tim could be a rampant Nonce for all anyone knows.
    Agree ... I don't know why on earth Anna would want to adopt, anyway? Surely her loyalty should have been to Eddie, and to Gary - he might be grown up, but needed support and love. And then, there would be grandchildren. So to take on a problem child, at the expense of your existing relationships, seems weird and selfish.

Faye is unpleasant and dull by turn. The actress is OK at conveying someone dull and unpleasant, but I still don't want to watch her. She doesn't make the household more interesting, Anna has loads of potential.

Why do they always pair people up or give them kids, then introduce a psycho element? Why not give people a hobby? At least the oldies get some different storylines and interests. I'm sick of custody battles over horrible or dull kids.
  • tco200tco200 Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it sounds harsh but does anyone else think the kid looks like Eddie Windass? I thought they had the actors daughter to play his daughter in the soap at first
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair enough. To be honest I'm not that fussed about who is the best but more about why posters dislike Faye so much and that they defend their dislike by saying she is a bad actor. If Gabby is better which is only an opinion it's only slightly so why the huge dislike for Faye :confused:

There is a fragility about Gabby which a viewer can take to. With Faye there is nothing to like and like you said its an opiniion. If you don't understand why people don't like Faye then you will never understand. What we have here is a difference of opinion, its as simple as that. Some people like her, some don't.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    There is a fragility about Gabby which a viewer can take to. With Faye there is nothing to like and like you said its an opiniion. If you don't understand why people don't like Faye then you will never understand. What we have here is a difference of opinion, its as simple as that. Some people like her, some don't.

I like Faye so it can't be true that there isn't anything to like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »

For you there is, but for me there isn't. As I have explained it is an opinion.
    Forum Member

I understand people not liking Faye but I don't understand people saying she's such a bad actor and them using that to explain their dislike. Very basically not liking her means she's doing her acting job as far as I'm concerned.

Regarding Gabby I'm a viewer but fail to see this fragility you say viewers can take to. In fact I hate Gabby so she too is doing her acting job but I personally can't warm to her.
  • Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    mo mouse wrote: »

what qualities in her character is it you enjoy?
    Forum Member
    Bonny1 wrote: »
    what qualities in her character is it you enjoy?

Can I answer :) I like her too. I'm drawn to troubled difficult kids in fiction anyway. I like that she stands up for herself and is stubborn. I like that she sees right through Owen and won't take any nonsense from him. I like that she was clever enough to track down her Dad and that she wanted to do so and wants and is determined to have contact with him.

I think she's a survivor and realises the importance of family but won't be fobbed off by those treating her like a child believe it or not and those that have their own interests at heart but pretend it's her interests and I like that she won't tolerate bullies.

There is plenty to like about Faye IMO.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coincidently I can't stand gobby thomas either.