Gravity trailer starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney

loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ufsrgE0BYf0

Personally I can't wait to watch this film, it is scary and heart pounding I think, just imagining the situation just makes me a bit :eek:

Comments

• Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to it, but disappointed that the trailer appears to show practically the whole of the main action set piece that sets up the movie. I hope what follows lives up to expectations.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandra bullocks exasperation sound has killed it for me. She made the same noises in both Speed films and it gets very boring very quickly. And she's doing it in this movie too. :( Needed far better casting imho. I mean George Clooney is great, but in space? Come on. Oh well. Might be worth watching just to see the "what if" scenario of the ISS crashing to earth.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks boring :0
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that going to be like the one where the divers are floating about waiting to be eaten by sharks for a couple of hours? Open Water?? But in space. Basically you just want them to die more quickly so you can leave.

Uuuurrggghhhh.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks rubbish, 2 hours of Clooney & Bullock floating adrift in space.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks Amazing!
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh, those comments.........
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw the trailer at the cinema a while back and it intrigued me...
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I saw the trailer at the cinema a while back and it intrigued me...

Me too. I'm not sure whether it will be a slow burning drama about their last wishes or a scary, atmospheric encounter where you don't know who you are in space with.
  • BowmaniBowmani Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    I really hope we get to see the space shuttle launch on the big screen at the start of the movie.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Liked the trailer, will definitely be checking out the movie.
  • dirrrtydirrrty Posts: 8,442
    Forum Member
    This clip of the movie is good, could be a spoiler, so don't watch if you think it might ruin it for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QQGVvt_iW8
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet...they make it home just fine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant wait for this!!
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    It looks rubbish, 2 hours of Clooney & Bullock floating adrift in space.

Having read the plot of the movie it sounds like utter nonsense. Sci fi films should either be clearly fun and not to be taken seriously (such as Independence Day) or serious sci fi and technically accurate within reason (2001)

This film appears to have Bullock floating around from space station to space station, something simply not possible but looks like it's supposed to be a serious sci fi film.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it looks amazing, i've been waiting for this film to come out for well over a year now (it's release got delayed for almost a year due to the post-production). I think it's going to be a bit like a smaller scale Avatar, as in the plot or cast isn't that good but the visuals will be stunning.

I heard it has a 17 minute shot :eek: They have released one trailer where its all one shot and it's breath taking.

I'm a fan of Sandy's so I think she'll be fine but I can understand other's having reservations about her. I think it would have been interesting to see Natalie Portman or Marion Cotillard instead as they are very capable actors, I can imagine Portman in the role so it's a shame she couldn't do this film. However, i'm glad they didn't go with Angelina Jolie (she asked for $20m for it) or Scarlett Johansson and Blake Lively as I think they couldn't carry the film
    as Clooney's role dies early on, so it's all Sandy basically
    I think Sandy was the best choice out of the last 4 i've mentioned.

RDJ was attached to film but had to drop out so that would have been interesting, I love him as an actor but not sure if he suited the role in this.

Anyway, i'm stoked for this!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    Me too. I'm not sure whether it will be a slow burning drama about their last wishes or a scary, atmospheric encounter where you don't know who you are in space with.

There's no aliens in it if that's what you mean :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mean George Clooney is great, but in space?

Solaris?
  • JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why oh why did they have to cast Sandra Bullock? :( I'll give the film a chance because it looks like it could be good, but she's just so unconvincing and annoying.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no aliens in it if that's what you mean :)

Didn't think there was. I was referring to the astronauts.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Good news. Gets a very positive review from the ever-sober Screendaily.

Spoiler-ish: http://www.screendaily.com/reviews/the-latest/gravity/5059677.article?blocktitle=The-Latest&contentID=598

A tight 91 mins too.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXgOaeDfmRQ

Looks incredible. But alas, all I hear is Sandra in Speed, or Sandra in Speed 2, or Sandra in any other movie where she had to physically exert herself.
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    This is getting rave reviews from what I can see but its not my cup of tea.
  • boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Been looking forward to this for ages. Can't wait!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Currently sitting pretty with 100% positive on Rotten Tomatoes with 20 reviews...
    Early Oscar buzz already
    James Cameron called it "the best movie set in space, ever".
    High praise from the man that brought us Alien and Aliens...so my expectations are high :)

Sandra Bullock surprisingly gave a brilliant performance for all the people doubting her