Options

Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence - MAY 1ST.

Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
Forum Member
✭✭✭
according to her here in this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWPSsP0Es3s&feature=youtu.be

A lot of fans are saying she's "pulling a Beyonce" because May 1st is a Thursday?

I like how Lana chose not to hear the "what popstars have changed since fame? Katy Perry!" part :D

Comments

• Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to her it is, but until the label announce a press release regarding the album, I am not banking on anything just yet.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given Tropico was put back several times I won't believe anything until its set in stone either.

I just hope Black Beauty makes the final cut.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she was specifically referring to to the Irish release where we get our new music at midnight on Thursday:D
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't think it would be so soon. I can't wait to hear what she's done and hopefully she'll get some hits and the credit she deserves
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Lana is the worst person to ask about releae dates lol. Joking aside, easily my most anticipated release of the year but she will really have to come up with something exceptional to better Born To Die, which I have always believed will be seen as an iconic pop album in the years to come. But if anyone can do it its Lana, a very rare songwriting talent.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Lana is the worst person to ask about releae dates lol. Joking aside, easily my most anticipated release of the year but she will really have to come up with something exceptional to better Born To Die, which I have always believed will be seen as an iconic pop album in the years to come. But if anyone can do it its Lana, a very rare songwriting talent.

I keep hearing the love for BTD which I too have, but it's far from perfect and can be easily outstripped,. I very much feel we have seen a fraction of her talent and Ultraviolence is where we will truly begin to see it. I'm always weary of artist who peak with their debut.
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I keep hearing the love for BTD which I too have, but it's far from perfect and can be easily outstripped,. I very much feel we have seen a fraction of her talent and Ultraviolence is where we will truly begin to see it. I'm always weary of artist who peak with their debut.

ultimately it's all about opinions I guess. And my opinion is it will be seen as a defining album in its era and genre in the years to come. Which isnt to say it's perfect, there's actually no such thinganyway. My point was that I would worry about any other artist topping a debut like BTD but Lana is imo the best songwriter currently in the bizz so I'm sure she will do it. Plus there isn't the ludicrously embarrassing level of scrutiny on her and her persona this time round sohopefully the US music critics who embarrassed themselves 'reviewing' BTD will actually, you know, do what they are paid to do and concentrate on the music on the album this time.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think of the amount of amazing unreleased songs she has. I'm pretty confident that she can pull a great album out of the bag - she could have a classic just by releasing ten of the leaked songs. I just hope that Black Beauty is on there. I somehow only discovered it recently and it's excellent. I doubt it'll be as early as May 1st though.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    ultimately it's all about opinions I guess. And my opinion is it will be seen as a defining album in its era and genre in the years to come. Which isnt to say it's perfect, there's actually no such thinganyway. My point was that I would worry about any other artist topping a debut like BTD but Lana is imo the best songwriter currently in the bizz so I'm sure she will do it. Plus there isn't the ludicrously embarrassing level of scrutiny on her and her persona this time round sohopefully the US music critics who embarrassed themselves 'reviewing' BTD will actually, you know, do what they are paid to do and concentrate on the music on the album this time.

I;m not saying it won't be seen as definitive, but less so the more she releases, unless of course she does release a real stinker :D. And yes that is her most major obstacle, the unfair criticism levelled at her and un justly so, but there does seem to be a gradual change in attitude toward her. It's always better not to blow up but to hit bigger album #2 see Adele, Madonna, Katy Perry to name a few ;).
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lana really changed people's opinions about her when she released Paradise, and then Young & Beautiful, as well as the huge success of the remix to Summertime sadness. Her SNL performance really ruined the US campaign for Born to die and sadly it stayed with people for several months.

I already have high hopes for the album. I don't think there is one thing she has recorded i don't like. All her unreleased stuff is such a revelation to hear. She is so versatile. Especially her May Jailer recordings which are very Joni Mitchell esque.
  • Options
    Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the single is called 'Bloody Tears' and we'll hear it Monday, with the video coming on April 15th.

Not confirmed.
  • Options
    RocketpopRocketpop Posts: 1,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange artist for me - I do love her voice but I'm not a huge fan of Born to Die/Paradise at all. When she keeps things organic on a wonderful song like 'Ride' I can't help but love her, but for every song like that on BDT/P there are 5 songs dominated by processed beats which I don't like at all - worst offender is 'Lolita' what a shite song that is.
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic news if it's true:)
  • Options
    constantino_chrconstantino_chr Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MAY 1ST isn't the release date. I don't know why she said it but albums are released on Mondays in the UK and Tuesday in the US, and May 1st is a Thursday so don't get your hopes up. It'll probably be later.
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for her album. I think Lana is one of the most insanely talented artists around and I regularly listen to BTD Paradise Edition and a load of her leaked songs. My favourite Lana song - has to be Bel Air. Magical sound and feel to it.