CONFIRMED:- Arena Auditions Axed!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it is 'Back to Basics' then I can see that being a factor in a Sharon Osbourne return.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is a really good decision. Plus, moving auditions like this one just wouldn't have been possible with an audience screaming over everything. They really can ruin an audition sometimes, so I'm glad this change is being considered.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I feel like back to basics is the best choice BUT it's like the show is taking a step back rather than growing even though that's what most of us want.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope they can play their instruments in the audition room :)
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they play background music as well. Makes the auditions more entertaining.
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank god for that, that's the way it should have always been

Too much influence from rentamob resulted in too many bad ones slipping through the net

At least the judges can make up their own minds again without being influenced
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good move, there needed to be a change. The Sun are saying that there will be a second stage involving an arena audition before bootcamp too so it seems they're shaking up the format a bit and getting the best of both worlds.

Now they just need to sort the panel out!
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,099
    Forum Member
    Where's it confirmed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But then again, we might get that issue we had in 2008 with Scott Bruton, great at auditions but terrible with an audience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/4875511/X-Factor-going-back-to-basics-with-auditions.html

This is just like X Factor Netherlands. The full details just haven't been announced yet sun has reported the second part. The artists must perform TWICE infront of the judges. The Judges will have their category from the first audition which will be in small room. However they will then be reunited with the other judges when they look for a bootcamp place. And must then perform in front of a live audience and the other judges.

Love these changes IMO.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where is it confirmed? I don't see anything posted on the X Factor facebook or twitter pages. Not on the website either.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Where is it confirmed? I don't see anything posted on the X Factor facebook or twitter pages. Not on the website either.

A spokesman said: “We can confirm the audition rooms will be returning to the X Factor as one of a number of exciting changes.”
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Louie said there has been no contacts signed and none of the judges know if their coming back.
  • JackkJackk Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    If they're doing a second stage they could call it 'The Arena' where all acts that got through the auditions travel down to one arena where they perform individually again and the judges vote there and then whether they'll go through to Bootcamp or not. Could cull some of those who aren't good in front of an audience early and it'll hopefully stop them cutting a load of acts before they've even sung at Bootcamp which I think is quite unfair.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't worry Sid some of them are a little slow at this time of night haha

I see! Too right about being a little slow, hah!
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The article was sounding good until it mentioned a second audition with an audience. I just hate how the judges get swayed by the audience's reaction.
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose I'm the only one who loved the arena auditions... The closed audition seem small, lack excitment. Of course it helps certain contestants and harms others, and I suppose the crowd did sway the judges, but I don't know if that really was such a bad thing considering how the viewers don't always seem to agree witht he judges anyway...

Anyway, it certainly will be cheaper too, renting an arena must be expensive, and considering the viewership numbers having gone down, it could be a good idea to try to limit the spendings and bring in the crowd only once at bootcamp.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the fact they genuinely seem to be changing things (they promised it last year and nothing happened).

I love the idea of closed auditions but they need a good judging panel imo to pull it off because that's who the focus will on, there will be no audience interaction, no shots of them booing/crying/standing/clapping etc... it's all on the judges.

What made the early stages of bootcamp so boring last year was that Gary Barlow was the only lively judge that day. I don't remember Tulisa or Louis particularly contributing much, it seemed to be all Gary whilst Nicole was still finding her feet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they will be scrapping the wildcard vote twist and just go back to Top 16.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,968
    Forum Member
    I'll believe it when XF tweet it themselves.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny how these announcements always seem to appear on a Saturday when talk of The Voice is generally at it's peak. :)
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    Funny how these announcements always seem to appear on a Saturday when talk of The Voice is generally at it's peak. :)

They are paying their marketting fees for a reason ;)
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    I believe the term is HALLELUJAH! Its about freaking time. We can actually see a lot more singing and less VT's!
  • wonderwheels28wonderwheels28 Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad they are going back to the old format, I think it works better.