What is the point of Rita Ora?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad I am not the only one who finds her highly annoying. She is a poudland version of Rihanna, and I don't like Rihanna to begin with.

Though this is the music biz, give it a few months she will be a distant memory and there will be a new big thing shoved down our throats.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is my latest pet hate. Can't abide her. She always looks sneaky and sly.

And skanky and sweaty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And skanky and sweaty.

And secretive and scheming
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And secretive and scheming

And shitty and sleazy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    I think she's awful as well. Everything about her screams "reject" or "copycat".

I don't understand why the media are so obsessed with her. She always looks like she needs a wash, too, as others have said.
  • BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind her, shes better then most singers out there
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    And skanky and sweaty.

Skanky? She's just come out of a relationship with Rob Kardashian..............
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »

And your point is?
    Forum Member
    And your point is?

That Rita hasn't shown any skanky behaviour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Didn't Rob Kardashian post on twitter that she cheated on him numerous times, but then deleted it :p
    Forum Member
    Didn't Rob Kardashian post on twitter that she cheated on him numerous times, but then deleted it :p

It wouldn't be the first time a bitter celeb has lied on Twitter.............:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wouldn't be the first time a bitter celeb has lied on Twitter.............:rolleyes:

mmm.. very true. :rolleyes:

But why would he want to cause her so much embarrassment if she didn't at least do something shady?

I don't dislike RIta but it does make me wonder :confused:
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she embodies the very meaning of desperation, it's almost a parody. You can tell she'll do anything for fame.
    Forum Member

But why would he want to cause her so much embarrassment if she didn't at least do something shady?

Maybe he's jealous that his ex is becoming more famous than he is.......who knows?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe he's jealous that his ex is becoming more famous than he is.......who knows?

Or maybe it's because she never really admitted she was in a relationship with him... always wanted to "appear single" due to work :p
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member

I don't dislike RIta but it does make me wonder :confused:

He admitted to making it all up though, something about making sure he never ended up going back to her? I feel sorry for her in the sense that her name is forever going to be associated with something that isn't true, although in a sense she brought it on herself by dating someone like Rob Kardashian.

She's annoying sometimes and she doesn't think before she speaks - so we get things like that Jade Ewen situation - but I don't really know why she attracts all the hate she does.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Rita hasn't shown any skanky behaviour.

Saying she isn't skanky because she dated a Kardashian isn't really helping your point :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dynopia wrote: »
    I think she embodies the very meaning of desperation, it's almost a parody. You can tell she'll do anything for fame.

She does come across as someone who was put together in a meeting by record execs. They saw what was selling so decided to do their own discount version
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Agreed! Which is why the excessive and unbalanced levels of promotion she receives compared to a lot of other artists is truly and utterly baffling. Casting couch really is the only way to explain it as far as I can see. :eek:

She had smash after smash. What business pulls the plug on something making major money? NONE. Because they never would.
    Forum Member
    Bellarooo wrote: »
    I don't mind her, shes better then most singers out there

You must not listen to much music, or to much music that isn't in the top 40...
    Forum Member
    She does come across as someone who was put together in a meeting by record execs. They saw what was selling so decided to do their own discount version

You've hit the nail on the head. I've rarely read such a perfect description of someone.
    Forum Member
    Double post. Sorry!
  • hotguy25hotguy25 Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nice tits
  • Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant beileve a thread like this actually exists. Shes just a young woman who is trying to find her way in life like many others,shes doing something she loves and is passionate about. This doesnt make her different from any other girls who dream to do their desired job.
    Forum Member
    I cant beileve a thread like this actually exists. Shes just a young woman who is trying to find her way in life like many others,shes doing something she loves and is passionate about. This doesnt make her different from any other girls who dream to do their desired job.

The trouble is, she's a product. People have the right to review and critique products, and as a product Rita Ora has no identity or anything worthy. She sells music, yes, but mostly to people who buy music because the ad men tell them to. As a popstar, in terms of personality and that special something popstars should have she really is bottom of the barrel stuff.