The Boss in Leeds

LlaylaLlayla Posts: 96
Forum Member
So, after years and years waiting for a venue we finally get it.

The Boss opened it last night. Fantastic, no?

And then this happens

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/springsteen-gig-lorries-ticketed-by-parking-officer-1-5886987

I don't know if I should laugh or cry about that stupidity.

Comments

• dixiewhiskeydixiewhiskey Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I work next to the arena and all his lorries were parked right outside my work, so I'm assuming that's where they were given the tickets. I didn't even realise he was playing until someone mentioned it. I could've probably seen him out of the window.
  • LlaylaLlayla Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Hiya Dixie,

come September you'll probably have lorries parked outside your work on a regular basis. December especially is chock-a-block.

Just hope they don't ticket anymore event lorries, otherwise it gets just too embarrassing.

Like this one wasn't enough.

Edit: Actually, I would have thought that the organizers would have told the drivers where they could park up close by, not leave them to their own devices. They can hardly send them to the next lay by or lorry park.
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they were given tickets then they must have broke parking laws,simple as that.Why should they be cancelled?
  • KathySparkKathySpark Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were told to park there and wait to be called into the arena one by one rather than blocking the roads around the arena. They had special permission and therefore should have not have been ticketed. Hard to blame the warden as he should have been told about it.