Google Nexus 7 32GB - £199

CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
Forum Member
✭✭
Nexus 7 £199

Argos has included in their catalogue a listing for a 32GB Nexus 7 for the price of £199. This would fit with all the rumours floating about at the minute.

What's annoying is that I only bought my 16GB one a month ago!:(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    CoolboyA wrote: »
    Nexus 7 £199

Argos has included in their catalogue a listing for a 32GB Nexus 7 for the price of £199. This would fit with all the rumours floating about at the minute.

What's annoying is that I only bought my 16GB one a month ago!:(

Me too! but, I'm very happy with mine so not annoyed at all here.
    After all the apps, pictures, videos & music Ive put on it, I still have around 8Gb left :cool:.

Yes, it would have been nice to have the choice, but its like any new tech, theres always a newer model a few months later.
  • DotNetWillDotNetWill Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too! but, I'm very happy with mine so not annoyed at all here.
    After all the apps, pictures, videos & music Ive put on it, I still have around 8Gb left :cool:.

Yes, it would have been nice to have the choice, but its like any new tech, theres always a newer model a few months later.

You're luck, I have about 1.3G left
  • Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    with tech there is always something new just round the corner.

If you were waiting for the latest thing you would never buy anything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    DotNetWill wrote: »
    You're luck, I have about 1.3G left

Not really, Im just very picky as to what I put on it now.
    I only put apps that I actually use, Films that I've watched I delete and put new ones on, etc,etc.

When I first got it, I filled it up with loads of (free) apps from the play store most of which I never used, so decided to clean them out and free up some space.

Stuck with that line of thinking ever since.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Welcome news for me.

I've wanted one of these for a while but decided I could justify it only by making it my Xmas present to myself.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rats! :D

Oh well, it's always the same for us early adopters!
  • BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    Glad I waited. :)
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will get one but not until after Christmas now as the kindle paperwhite is going to be my xmas present to myself.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just the hard drive which is improved or is there other improvements?
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Stuart_h wrote: »
    with tech there is always something new just round the corner.

If you were waiting for the latest thing you would never buy anything.

Whilst true there is always something else - I think it's bad for Google to release this at the same price as the 16GB only 3 months after the original release. If it cost more then that would not be so bad but there will be a lot of people quite miffed about it coming out for the same price.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is not much difference in cost between 16gb and 32 gb memory cards.

Although apple would like us to believe otherwise...
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    Whilst true there is always something else - I think it's bad for Google to release this at the same price as the 16GB only 3 months after the original release. If it cost more then that would not be so bad but there will be a lot of people quite miffed about it coming out for the same price.

this is being released as a direct response to the Fire HD and the ipad mini, which are respectively, either confirmed with more storage or expected to have more storage.

Why would they hold back, or charge more, just to appease the early adopters? :confused: Particularly when the looks to be a rush for 7" tablets in the lead up to Christmas, Google HAS to be competitive to get their share.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    Is it just the hard drive which is improved or is there other improvements?

All rumours at the moment, but expected to be mainly a storage increase. Slight possibly of including 3g or 4g but I don't think so personally. Maybe the odd tweak to the inards but its expected to largely the same.
    Forum Member
    paulbrock wrote: »
    Why would they hold back, or charge more, just to appease the early adopters? :confused: Particularly when the looks to be a rush for 7" tablets in the lead up to Christmas, Google HAS to be competitive to get their share.

Thought they may have more respect for the early adopters rather than saying 'here, look at what you could have had'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought they may have more respect for the early adopters rather than saying 'here, look at what you could have had'

Unfortunately they don't. No company has ever. It's the way the economy goes
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately they don't. No company has ever. It's the way the economy goes

I am sure that some companies have...and it's not how the economy goes...it's how people let it go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

you talk like they conned you. They offered a 16gb tablet and you handed over your cash and got a 16gb tablet.

A new product hasn't been announced yet, let alone released.

what do you want them to do exactly? Wait until you're ready to buy a new version before releasing something more competitive?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am sure that some companies have...and it's not how the economy goes...it's how people let it go.

Name one company that has compromised on winning new customers to reward current customers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your free to vent and be upset, maybe even pop google an email explains your emotion.

What goes around comes around ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    All rumours at the moment, but expected to be mainly a storage increase. Slight possibly of including 3g or 4g but I don't think so personally. Maybe the odd tweak to the inards but its expected to largely the same.

The listing specifies "32GB wifi", which none of the others do (they just list the storage size). To me that suggests very strongly that there'll be a 3G/4G version.
  • Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    Anyone who thinks that tech stands still once you have made their purchase is fooling themselves.....

Junp on the tech train when you find a gadget and price that you feel is good for you - but always remember that in a very short space of time things will be better and they will be cheaper.

I have a 16gb Nexus 7 and a TF101.

The TF101 is now a few models out of date, and so, soon will the Nexus 7 be. My Galaxy Nexus phone will soon be superceded. My MK802 II will soon be bettered by a MK802 III.

Am i bitter ? No.
    Are the products worse than they were when I purchased them ? No - in fact they have all had software updates that make them better.

If you want something that isnt going to be bettered very quickly then i suggest you avoid buying tech.
  • PretinamaPretinama Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Oh cool. I have the 16GB one but to be honest, progress is a good thing. You know when you buy anything that six months later there will be an update :)

Sounds to me like a good deal.
    Forum Member
    you talk like they conned you. They offered a 16gb tablet and you handed over your cash and got a 16gb tablet.

A new product hasn't been announced yet, let alone released.

what do you want them to do exactly? Wait until you're ready to buy a new version before releasing something more competitive?

Didn't 'con' me as I don't have one.

I was basing my opinion on the title of this post about pricing and availibility so does not matter if Google have announced or not.

What do I want? I want them to release it at a higher price than the 16GB version. Not about me personally at all - just what I think it right and wrong.
    Forum Member
    Name one company that has compromised on winning new customers to reward current customers.

Like I said I'm sure there are some - can't say I know any off the top of my head...and as we don't really know the inner workings of companies then there may be plenty that don't replace one product with another better one at the same price after only 3 months.
    Forum Member
    Your free to vent and be upset, maybe even pop google an email explains your emotion.

What goes around comes around ;)

Not sure I have an idea of what you mean :confused: