Dexter - Season 8 - UK Pace

Comments

• woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Masuka's daughter is going to turn into a fairly inconsequential side-plot.

I'm hoping now the 'brain surgeon' plot is over that we'll get normal Deb again. Once again she ruined most of last night's episode with her whining. Interesting angle developing though with the son and, judging by next week's preview, whether or not Vogel and Dex teach him the code.

Still no clues at all how they're going to finish this though.

Is this really the 'Brain Surgeon' storyline over? I'll copy and paste the glaring issues/mistakes with this 'reveal' if it is as straightforward as they made out in 'This Little Piggy':

I've just caught up, and I have to say I'm enjoying this season more than the last one (which I gave up on, only catching the finale).

However, are we all agreed that
    Yates is/was not the Brain Surgeon? It makes no sense. For one, Yates reacted with surprise (and horror) when he heard Vogel's voice over the phone - something that wouldn't have happened if he'd been sending her chunks of brain for weeks. For another, he also seemed shocked that she had an accomplice ("So Vogel's got herself a hero?!") whereas the Brain Surgeon had previously sent two bits of brain to Vogel: one for her and one for the accomplice he knew all about. Also, how likely/possible is it that Yates was maintaining his MO of keeping women alive for weeks, breaking their digits and then killing/burying them whilst also maintaining a completely separate MO of forcing others to kill both sexes, removing the brains and leaving them on display, at the same time?

It's either incredibly inept writing or Dexter and Deb are being lulled into a false sense of security. Really enjoying Charlotte Rampling, though. Thought she was fantastic when she turned on Yates.

ETA: Further note about the song Vogel played in her apartment before being kidnapped:
    I saw this online and thought it worth noting here. Vogel began playing Mama Cass's 'Make Your Own Kind of Music' before Yates broke into her house. Apparently, this song was also playing when we saw the DVD of the other guy being coerced into killing a couple of weeks ago. In addition episode 9 is called 'Make Your Own Kind Of Music'. Looks like people's theories on Vogel might still be worthy of consideration, even though I don't think it can be her...
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great that Fox is now on Catch Up on Sky's On demand service.

Now we can watch it ad break free, like it is in the US.
  • denddend Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that its been a bit meh this season, although Hannah returning looks like it could pick up for the final episodes. I thought this episode was particulary boring as not a lot seemed to happen.
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Zach Hamilton is going to be Dexter's apprentice then?

Hannah's back?

Am I the only one who thinks that Hannah and Jamie Batista would make an excellent couple?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I thought Quinn had him there for a second...

Interesting ending - looking forward to seeing where they're going with in the next few eps. We're half way through the season already!
  • sovietsongsovietsong Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    My latest brainwave is that dr Vogel has some kind of connection to Hannah ,maybe she knocks them out and Vogel removes the brain ,in fact reading back that post that's a mental theory :)
  • David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed they didn't show a clip of whats in store next week - Thinking we've got a big episode coming up next week.... Mid-Season is usually when we get a shock, so stand bye for next weeks episode?
  • Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long did Hannah go to prison for?
  • sovietsongsovietsong Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    I think she faked illness and escaped from hospital
  • Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure all will be revealed in the next episode. I liked Hannah, thought she was a great character.
  • Penfolds_placePenfolds_place Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is anyone else finding it annoying how stupid they are making miami metro out to be? We have Doakes going after Dexter, he ends up dead, Maria goes after Dexter, she ends up dead, Debra goes off the rails and confesses to murder and it's brushed off and nobody thinks there's anything weird going on!
  • Brady12Brady12 Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is anyone else finding it annoying how stupid they are making miami metro out to be? We have Doakes going after Dexter, he ends up dead, Maria goes after Dexter, she ends up dead, Debra goes off the rails and confesses to murder and it's brushed off and nobody thinks there's anything weird going on!

Not forgetting when Quinn had his suspicions about Dexter and even had a former cop following him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm wondering whether Harrison's blood soaked teddy bear turning up might be the beginning of the end for Dexter?
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recognised the actor playing the killer. Did he play Jamie In Shameless?

Yes he did, I was wondering that as well and had to look it up.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes he did, I was wondering that as well and had to look it up.

From Chatsworth to Miami. No change there then. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From Chatsworth to Miami. No change there then. :D

Aye! I thought his accent was a bit dodgy though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aye! I thought his accent was a bit dodgy though.

He's actually from Northern Ireland.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's actually from Northern Ireland.

Yeah I knew that, he seemed to keep slipping into it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I knew that, he seemed to keep slipping into it.

Yeah I noticed that too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    My theory of how they'll end the Dexter finale is that his son, Harrison will end up as Vogel's protege. She will teach him Harry's code.
    This scenario will stem from Dexter's murder by the hands of his own sister when she realises she can't live with herself for covering up his crimes.
    OK, so Harrison could be bundled off to his in-laws but his inherent psychopathic tendencies will be the basis of the finale.
    Whatever the outcome, Dexter will always be one of the best ever series from America and I will miss him :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    furry_face wrote: »
    My theory of how they'll end the Dexter finale is that his son, Harrison will end up as Vogel's protege. She will teach him Harry's code.
    This scenario will stem from Dexter's murder by the hands of his own sister when she realises she can't live with herself for covering up his crimes.
    OK, so Harrison could be bundled off to his in-laws but his inherent psychopathic tendencies will be the basis of the finale.
    Whatever the outcome, Dexter will always be one of the best ever series from America and I will miss him :(

I certainly think Harrison continuing Dexters legacy is likely -

Would give's the possibility of bringing it back (in a new guise) in a few years...
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally don't think they'll involve Harrison in any major way in the finale. The only thing we might get is a teaser of sorts where the final scene is something like Harrison standing by a dead animal with a blood stain on his hand or something like that - a subtle hint of what might be to come.

The fact that Sara Colleton has conceded that some people might "hate" the finale probably makes me even more confused as to what's going to happen.

I'm starting to wonder if the outcome will be that Dex's "intern" learns the code and discovers that Deb has killed two people so she 'fits' and he kills her. Dexter realises he's created a monster and kills him in revenge and subsequently gets caught by Quinn.

Or maybe not :)

I knew Hannah would be back at some point as well, but i did like the way they did it.
  • tim_smithtim_smith Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamie's" accent was bloody awful in Shameless, so I am not surprised he's not up to the American accent. It was, at times laughable:D.
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally don't think they'll involve Harrison in any major way in the finale. The only thing we might get is a teaser of sorts where the final scene is something like Harrison standing by a dead animal with a blood stain on his hand or something like that - a subtle hint of what might be to come.

The fact that Sara Colleton has conceded that some people might "hate" the finale probably makes me even more confused as to what's going to happen.

I'm starting to wonder if the outcome will be that Dex's "intern" learns the code and discovers that Deb has killed two people so she 'fits' and he kills her. Dexter realises he's created a monster and kills him in revenge and subsequently gets caught by Quinn.

Or maybe not :)

I knew Hannah would be back at some point as well, but i did like the way they did it.

Looks a likely outcome to me, and everyone would be annoyed that Quinn catches him. The only bit that doesn't figure is Vogel, and she seems like she will remain integral to the story till the end.

Loved the Hannah reveal, you knew she was returning but the execution was well done. especially as Yvonne's name wasn't revealed via the guest cast prior to her appearance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Side-topic: Towards the end of season 7 there were various deaths by fire (in a lift, car) that Miami Metro were investigating.

Was that story line wrapped up - I don't recall it being resolve as to who and why was setting the fires.

Thanks

Iain