The Daily Pwice

Comments

• Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not that hard to link Betty. :D

Note the BiB - 'not worth the risk'!

Believe me salty.. I'm a technophob when it comes to linking etc . .. I've been shown loads of times and just can't retain the info..
  • Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I'm useless at linking but here is plenty of others who posted they carried on riding horses etc on there isn't there?.

Yes there is some. But there is a comment on there which I thought you might have been referring to. The lady says she was riding until 7months pregnant. But she was not showjumping.

I didn't read the whole thread, just the first 3 pages. There wasn't any women that said they were still jumping.

As a rider myself I also don't know anyone who would show jump whilst pregnant. There is one lady at my stables who is expecting. She is not riding this week as its show jumping and she is not allowed too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goldenbear
    I don't wish to be rude but you did say Katie hadn't shown any responsibility in previous pregnancies and unless they are two adopted babies ..surely the pregnancies involving junior and princess are included..that's why I asked that question
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    Yes there is some. But there is a comment on there which I thought you might have been referring to. The lady says she was riding until 7months pregnant. But she was not showjumping.

I didn't read the whole thread, just the first 3 pages. There wasn't any women that said they were still jumping.

As a rider myself I also don't know anyone who would show jump whilst pregnant. There is one lady at my stables who is expecting. She is not riding this week as its show jumping and she is not allowed too.

Perhaps your riding centre wouldn't allow her anyway because of insurance etc?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goldenbear
    One lady is doing trials surely that is dangerous .. I've never ridden a horse ..but my daughter has and she was trained by a pregnant lady who rode a little. I don't think any woman would deliberately put their baby at risk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goldenbear
    One lady is doing trials surely that is dangerous .. I've never ridden a horse ..but my daughter has and she was trained by a pregnant lady who rode a little. I don't think any woman would deliberately put their baby at risk

It's my opinion she is putting her baby at risk show jumping. I have several horses and I'm an experienced rider. I love show jumping but I could not and would not take the risk of jumping whilst pregnant. And I've never seen a doctor that has recommended show jumping.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is from someone who's presumably a nurse.
    Kay Daniels
    ob-gyn
    In general I tell people if they're excellent horseback riders and are just walking around on the horse, they can continue up to 12 weeks. But after 12 weeks, no riding. That's because by this time, the fetus has moved up above the pelvic girdle, a bony structure protects the baby during the first trimester, and now all that sits between the baby and any external force is skin and muscle. If you get kicked or are thrown off the horse at this point, you've got nothing protecting the baby from trauma. Even experienced riders get thrown off; that's part of the game. I just don't think it's worth the risk. I once saw a woman who got kicked in the stomach by a horse and the baby died. Maybe that's why I'm conservative on this.

http://www.babycenter.com/406_is-it-safe-to-ride-horseback-during-pregnancy_1246863.bc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps your riding centre wouldn't allow her anyway because of insurance etc?

Perhaps. She doesn't have her own horse, it's a school horse she rides. I've did a little light flat work in pregnancy but I could not enjoy it and the what ifs outweighed the risks for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goldenbear
    I don't wish to be rude but you did say Katie hadn't shown any responsibility in previous pregnancies and unless they are two adopted babies ..surely the pregnancies involving junior and princess are included..that's why I asked that question

And that's fair enough. I have highlighted the pregnancies she was not responsible in.
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I'm useless at linking but here is plenty of others who posted they carried on riding horses etc on there isn't there?.

How many of those that continued to horse ride, have history of multiple miscarriages?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    How many of those that continued to horse ride, have history of multiple miscarriages?

I have no idea.. Do you?
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goldenbear

She was drinking during her last pregnancy with PA (which ended with a miscarriage) and was photographed slumped over a table. So that's two pregnancies she was drinking during (Harvey and the last pregnancy).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is from someone who's presumably a nurse.

I think they are an Obstetrics Gynocologist. .. As it says Ob Gyn by their name
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    She was drinking during her last pregnancy with PA (which ended with a miscarriage) and was photographed slumped over a table. So that's two pregnancies she was drinking during (Harvey and the last pregnancy).

Thank you.. I already knew that .. But it was pointed out during PREVIOUS pregnancies and I was asking about Juniors and Princesses ..what did she do that concerned others.. Obviously nothing as people haven't come up with anything
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are an Obstetrics Gynocologist. .. As it says Ob Gyn by their name

Even more proof that it's not advisable for women to ride during pregnancy I'd say.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you.. I already knew that .. But it was pointed out during PREVIOUS pregnancies and I was asking about Juniors and Princesses ..what did she do that concerned others.. Obviously nothing as people haven't come up with anything

Yes but we are pointing out occasions where she has been irresponsible during pregnancy. Hence why I'm mentioning those ones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's my opinion she is putting her baby at risk show jumping. I have several horses and I'm an experienced rider. I love show jumping but I could not and would not take the risk of jumping whilst pregnant. And I've never seen a doctor that has recommended show jumping.

That is your choice and I respect that.. But she was abused on twitter and she replied she had asked advice and was told it was ok... So that is enough for me .. I don't feel I have a right to impose my beliefs on her or anyone else
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes but we are pointing out occasions where she has been irresponsible during pregnancy. Hence why I'm mentioning those ones.

I know ..and you and I had cleared that up I thought :D
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea.. Do you?

I would guess any woman with history of miscarriages would not add to the risk by show jumping
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is your choice and I respect that.. But she was abused on twitter and she replied she had asked advice and was told it was ok... So that is enough for me .. I don't feel I have a right to impose my beliefs on her or anyone else

I agree with the last part. But I am doubtful she found a doctor with her history that recommended show jumping.

I have never come across anyone who has been given the green light to go show jumping whilst pregnant. Flat work is one thing. Show jumping is another. I love riding. And I must admit I hated not being able to ride and I was so happy when I could get back:o Show jumping is great fun but during pregnancy? To me it's a big no no.

I'm actually going to ask the ladies at my stable this evening if they would show jump whilst pregnant.
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would not Showjump and I would have reservations about riding. Although my horse is generally very good, yo just never know what will happen when you hack out
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muddipaws wrote: »
    I would not Showjump and I would have reservations about riding. Although my horse is generally very good, yo just never know what will happen when you hack out

Exactly. My horse spooked last night by the wind rustling the trees and he took off. I trust him 99% but you never know what will happen.
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not really a journal for the layman as it's pretty technical.

And it doesn't say that it might be caused by drugs and drink either.

Yes it does... please read to the end

Reported mutations in HESX1 and SOX2 in association with pituitary phenotypes

Establishing the genotype not only furthers our understanding of the aetiology of SOD but also aids patient management, enabling accurate genetic counseling and early diagnosis.

Currently genetic abnormalities are identified in <1% of the patients, with the aetiology of SOD remaining unclear in the majority of patients. This has led to debate as to other factors, which may also have a role in the pathogenesis of SOD. Many studies have reported an increased prevalence of antenatal drug and alcohol abuse and younger maternal age in SOD cohorts.2, 26 This in combination with the pattern of neurological abnormalities found in individuals with SOD led Lubinsky27 to suggest that septo-optic dysplaisa occurs secondary to a vascular disruption sequence.28 It is likely that although other genetic abnormalities are likely to be identified in the future, environmental factors such as drugs, alcohol and anterior cerebral artery supply during the neonatal period may also play a significant role in the aetiology of SOD.
  • momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KP has a history of miscarriages , hasn't she had more than one ? If the stories are true , she is worried she will miscarry this pregnancy too...so why risk it , even if her doc.told her it was ok ( I have my doubts about that ).
    If this pregnancy is so important to her , why would she take the chance of jeopardising it ?
    surely that's just common sense ?
  • jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    Badcat wrote: »
    Yes it does... please read to the end

Reported mutations in HESX1 and SOX2 in association with pituitary phenotypes

Establishing the genotype not only furthers our understanding of the aetiology of SOD but also aids patient management, enabling accurate genetic counseling and early diagnosis.

Currently genetic abnormalities are identified in <1% of the patients, with the aetiology of SOD remaining unclear in the majority of patients. This has led to debate as to other factors, which may also have a role in the pathogenesis of SOD. Many studies have reported an increased prevalence of antenatal drug and alcohol abuse and younger maternal age in SOD cohorts.2, 26 This in combination with the pattern of neurological abnormalities found in individuals with SOD led Lubinsky27 to suggest that septo-optic dysplaisa occurs secondary to a vascular disruption sequence.28 It is likely that although other genetic abnormalities are likely to be identified in the future, environmental factors such as drugs, alcohol and anterior cerebral artery supply during the neonatal period may also play a significant role in the aetiology of SOD.
    Well that IS interesting.
    She was often papped drunk during her pregnancy with Harvey ,so in the end no-one can say if that or genetics caused H's condition.
    Is there a history of that condition in Dwight Yorke's family ? Or KP's ? I presume not or she'd be yacking on about that when the issue of her drinking binges during pregnancy was brought up.
    Either way I would happily call KP a liar on the "doc recommendation " carp. In my opinion it is just her trying to justify her doing precisely as she wishes irrespective of any child involved. I can't imagine any doctor "recommending" horse riding & show jumping to a patient with a history of miscarriage & other gynae (ahem) 'issues'.
This discussion has been closed.