The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 25)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice words from Danny Saucedo in his blog:
    Been hanging with John and Edward from JEDWARD. Really nice dudes. So much good energy and humble. They're telling stories all the time and always have something fun to say.

http://www.dannysaucedo.se/
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who Am I? wrote: »
    I don't really mind which country are they in either but it is odd that when in LA there is almost twitter silence.

This might have something to do with their phone not working in America. I'd guess they can only access the internet via wifi. Remember how they had to borrow Tara's phone? It would explain why some of their American photos weren't tweeted until they were back in Dublin.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This might have something to do with their phone not working in America. I'd guess they can only access the internet via wifi. Remember how they had to borrow Tara's phone? It would explain why some of their American photos weren't tweeted until they were back in Dublin.
    Yeah I guess it's something like that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This article says that this Saturday "Andra chansen" was the most viewed ever (started airing in 2002) with more than 3 millions of viewers:
    http://www.svt.se/melodifestivalen/tittarrekord-for-andra-chansen-i-melodifestivalen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This article says that this Saturday "Andra chansen" was the most viewed ever (started airing in 2002) with more than 3 millions of viewers:
    http://www.svt.se/melodifestivalen/tittarrekord-for-andra-chansen-i-melodifestivalen

That's awesome
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lipstick still stays strong at #45 of the Swedish iTunes singles chart
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Canada AM confirmed for Thursday 14th:

Tina Daenzer ‏@tdaenzer
    Ok all my @planetjedward friends. Boys are confirmed for @CTVCanadaAM March 14. Email me for free studio tix amsoundstage@bellmedia.ca
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if a trip to Australia is on the cards soon @girlfriendmag seems to like them! How far is Australia from
    Canada
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if a trip to Australia is on the cards soon @girlfriendmag seems to like them! How far is Australia from
    Canada

A long distance JR.....many thousands of miles.
  • dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    A long distance JR.....many thousands of miles.

I can't see a small matter of a few thousand miles being enough to stop them going there, the way they're jet-setting about these days!

Here's a really nice Jedward write-up from the Irish Examiner: http://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/showbiz/our-zany-million-dollar-twins-still-livin-it-large-224527.html#.UTY8pn3FmOQ

The only slight flaw is no-one can remember them saying the tweets about Ryan Dolan at the end.
  • Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    I can't see a small matter of a few thousand miles being enough to stop them going there, the way they're jet-setting about these days!

Here's a really nice Jedward write-upfrom the Irish Examiner: http://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/showbiz/our-zany-million-dollar-twins-still-livin-it-large-224527.html#.UTY8pn3FmOQ

The only slight flaw is no-one can remember them saying the tweets about Ryan Dolan at the end.

On the whole not a bad article. At least the references to Ryan Dolan stops accusations that they're not supportive of their 'replacement', so perhaps we'll let that inaccuracy stand. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tweeted savee entertainment about If the twins are playing the marquee this year they tweeted back it's not them that do that it's Aiken productions
  • AgeOfParanoiaAgeOfParanoia Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »

Here's a really nice Jedward write-up from the Irish Examiner: http://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/showbiz/our-zany-million-dollar-twins-still-livin-it-large-224527.html#.UTY8pn3FmOQ

Loved this phrase "their perceived eejitry" :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, let's try to make a schedule from the twins' tweets ;)

Tuesday 12th: ETalk on CTV (the journalist they met in L.A. works in this show)
    Wednesday 13th: New.Music.Live on Much Music
    Thursday 14th: Canada AM on CTV: interview + performing 2 songs
    Friday 15th: The Marilyn Show on CTV: interview + performance

No wonder they're so happy :D
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am glad that they are invited to these shows, but wonder at same time who is helping them there(&why Canada?) , someone must have booked them (or do they pay own money to be invited on these shows?)

nevertheless it is great that they will on these shows&hopefully it will lead to more work outside Ireland&hopefully this is the start of the huge worldwide success which they deserve :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, let's try to make a schedule from the twins' tweets ;)

Tuesday 12th: ETalk on CTV (the journalist they met in L.A. works in this show)
    Wednesday 13th: New.Music.Live on Much Music
    Thursday 14th: Canada AM on CTV: interview + performing 2 songs
    Friday 15th: The Marilyn Show on CTV: interview + performance

No wonder they're so happy :D

This is awesome I've never heard of artists paying out of their own money to be on these type of shows.

I espect someone is helping them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I espect someone is helping them
    Same here.

According to the new header of the twins' twitter, Happens in the dark is gonna be premiered on Much Music :cool: in a week

Also they're following 3 more accounts: Etalk, The Marylin Denis show and Henry Holland, from House of Holland (UK fashion brand). It must be a random follow but just wanted to post it here for the record. Weeks after they followed SVT we learned about the fashion reports for Melodifestivalen :D
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »
    I am glad that they are invited to these shows, but wonder at same time who is helping them there(&why Canada?) , someone must have booked them (or do they pay own money to be invited on these shows?)

This is my theory. Sometimes artists will do promo in a smaller territory to create buzz that will help them break in a larger territory.

It happens in Australia and New Zealand - an American record company sends a rising star down under to get some media experience, build their fan base, play some gigs and maybe even get a song in the charts. And that all helps them later when they're back in America. "Oh, you had a top 10 single in Australia!"

It's a lot easier for the Jeds to get booked on those Canadian shows than it would be for the US equivalents. So I reckon the Jeds are focusing on Canada as a way of building their profile and generating buzz that's going to help them when they're working on bigger countries, like the USA! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who Am I? wrote: »
    On the whole not a bad article. At least the references to Ryan Dolan stops accusations that they're not supportive of their 'replacement', so perhaps we'll let that inaccuracy stand. :p

I would have thought Ryan Dolan had the most Jedward-esque entry in Eurosong and one that they would approve of (though it seems they didn't tweet anything about him).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do u think they has signed a record deal yet or self releasing ?
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tweeted savee entertainment about If the twins are playing the marquee this year they tweeted back it's not them that do that it's Aiken productions

It is Aitken that do the marquee shows
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »
    It is Aitken that do the marquee shows

Yea it is
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J&E have just started following Universal Music Canada. Just for the record :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J&E have just started following Universal Music Canada. Just for the record :cool:

Interesting....I wonder if all this promo is with a view to releasing something in Canada?
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how does this all fit in that their contract with Universal Ireland is over? Why do they promote a song which is on a Universal Ireland album, so that Universal Ireland will still get money out of it?They could also promote(self release) one of the (9)new songs which they have recorded this year in USA&why do they follow (still)some Universal accounts&why do some Universal accounts still support them? I am puzzled

+Which PR company do they use at moment?I wonder that they get now the opportunity to perform on Voice of Romania&Melodifestivalen&all these TV shows in Canada and that they had not these opportunitys after ESC 2011 despite the huge success which they had with Lipstick.If they have a PR agency behind them at moment than this PR company is doing a much better job than their previous PR agency has done 2011+2012
This discussion has been closed.