Final Fantasy X

BesterBester Posts: 9,698
Forum Member
To be remastered and released onto PS3 and Vita.

Seeing as VII, VIII and IX are already available on PSN as PSOne Classics, I'm quite pleased that they're remastering X.

Hopefully they'll go back and do the rest in the future.

DS Link

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the early comments overnight, it looks like a 30% love to 70% hate split over FFX, with loads still moaning about not getting a VII remake... some folk are never happy.

Never played X myself, so looking forward to it.
  • MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    Not my favourite Final Fantasy, but imo it is the last one that is any good at all.

XII and XIII are absolutely diabolical.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    I didn't like X. I read pretty quickly and I'd got used to being able to scan through FF text pretty quickly. Having to actually sit and wait for them to speak I found really laborious.

Maybe there was a way around it but I didn't take the time to find out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not my favourite Final Fantasy, but imo it is the last one that is any good at all.

My feelings exactly. I cant wait for this. I think its going to be stunning playing it again. Going to pre-order as soon its available to do so :cool: Would go IX VII X VIII XIII XII
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    To be fair, VII Lovers are insane, anytime Square does ANYTHING Final Fantasy that isn't VII, they bitch and moan and scream about how they never give VII proper treatment, you know, despite it having the most spin off's, films, toys, etc, they still think Square are ignoring them, fools.

FFX was the last brilliant FF I actually played and one of the only ones I actually properly got into, the music was great, the graphics were amazing at the time, and the game just seemed to go on forever, I think my first playthrough topped 48 hours! Plus Auron is one of the best video game characters ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    I for one am really pleased FFX is getting the HD treatment :)

Next to FFVII it's my fave game out of the series. I think a few games do need a bit of a facelift - such as VIII (sprites need smoothing out a bit) and I'd love to see VI remade and I'm one of many who would love to see a remake of VII but if it happens it happens, if it doesn't well I'll live :)

The only thing I hope is that they get James Arnold Taylor and Hedi Buress back in to rerecord the Luca scenes (you know the ones I mean, the terrible laughing scene).

I'm looking forward to it :) and I'm definately considering buying PS3 now! Been holding off long enough...
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Wonder how many people have actually bought a PS3 just for FF.

I know it was a big pull for me - I ended up getting one when it came out that FFXIII's 'in-game' graphics were sub-HD on the 360. That was the tipping point.

Since then we've had FFVII, VIII & IX all released onto PSN as well. Great stuff.

I have to say, I really do agree with the points made about VII - It's a good game. In fact it's a damned good game in places, but to be completely honest, the same is true of many other instalments in the franchise and they've had far less exposure outside of their original games than VII has had. VIII is my personal favourite, and I'm realistic enough to accept that there won't be anything spun off from that, but really, does EVERYTHING have to revolve around FFVII?

I am very, VERY pleased that the first FF remaster job that Square have picked up is X - which is thus far unavailable on all but the early PS3 models.

Given that the game will be utilising a BD disk, I wonder what the chances are of including the English voice track, the Japanese voice track with subs, or just plain subs - that would surely keep everyone happy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Wonder how many people have actually bought a PS3 just for FF.

I know it was a big pull for me - I ended up getting one when it came out that FFXIII's 'in-game' graphics were sub-HD on the 360. That was the tipping point.

Since then we've had FFVII, VIII & IX all released onto PSN as well. Great stuff.

I have to say, I really do agree with the points made about VII - It's a good game. In fact it's a damned good game in places, but to be completely honest, the same is true of many other instalments in the franchise and they've had far less exposure outside of their original games than VII has had. VIII is my personal favourite, and I'm realistic enough to accept that there won't be anything spun off from that, but really, does EVERYTHING have to revolve around FFVII?

I am very, VERY pleased that the first FF remaster job that Square have picked up is X - which is thus far unavailable on all but the early PS3 models.

Given that the game will be utilising a BD disk, I wonder what the chances are of including the English voice track, the Japanese voice track with subs, or just plain subs - that would surely keep everyone happy.

Next game I think will be that god awful XII for the HD treatment. Hard to belive that FFVII will be 15 years old next year. Final Fantasy X is ten years old. Scary times!
  • lamblamlamblamblamlamb Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really liked X, it was linear compared to the earlier games but it's ending was great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best. Game. Ever. In my HIGH Opinion. I'd like them to do X-2 as well.
  • Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,674
    Forum Member
    I wasn't massively keen on FFX because I messed up and couldn't get passed a section (around 14-18 hours in) so I gave up and sold it. I'm willing to give it another go and this time without the awful PAL conversion - as long as it's pretty cheap. Oh, I also have a guide already, too.
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    played x didnt finish it, now i have a chance :)
  • davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    Really looking forward to this. X was my first final fantasy game and I've been close to buying a pre owned PS2 on several occasions just to replay this game. Hope it hits sooner rather than later
    Forum Member
    It's not one of the Vita launch titles in December so it'll be some time in 2012. Hopefully closer to the start of the year than the end.

On a related note - FFXIII-2 will be released in Europe on 3rd Feb 2012.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    FFX was the last brilliant FF I actually played and one of the only ones I actually properly got into, the music was great, the graphics were amazing at the time, and the game just seemed to go on forever, I think my first playthrough topped 48 hours! Plus Auron is one of the best video game characters ever.

I loved FFX, it is the most playable imo and also my 2nd favourite (after FFIV and before FFVII)

Agreed. I've given up on the series now although I'll still play the older ones.
    XII was terible and took all feeling out of the combat and XIII was no better.

I think (if it ever happens) we'll see a FF7 remake on a next gen PS. I mean, FFVII is so ugly that it'll take a lot of work to bring it up to modern standards. They can't just clean up the characters etc, it was originally being made for the N64 which is why the normal ingame chars look so..........crap.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    It's VII everyone wants so what do they give us? X.

:(
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    ^Common sentiment is that people want a full-fledged VII-remake, which would take years of work, millions of dollars and a shitload of manpower. A HD port of an already fully 3D game takes a fraction of the time, cost and workload to make.

Personally I'd rather have a proper full-length RPG sequel to VII, dunno why people are so obsessed with a remake, the original is still fantastic.
    Forum Member
    I don't want VII.

VII has had more than enough already. VIII, IX and X would be more deserving, and seeing as VIII and IX are already available for the PS3 and PSP via PSN I'm more than happy to see the 'until now' unreleased X.
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »

Go on PSN, go to the store, look up Final Fantasy...TADAAAAAAAA you have VII
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member

VII has had the most spin off games, re-releases, toys, films based around it, etc, etc. And VII fans still always moan they never get featured enough. I don't get it, VII wasn't even THAT good the way the fans make it out to be.
  • sheep88sheep88 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Personally I want X having played both have to say i preferred X, couldn't really get in to VII played it 3 times got quite far each time but it just didn't appeal to me as much as X which i completed a few times. Its not that VII's a bad game its just my personal opinion. I think its better that they remaster PS2 games as currently they are the ones people can't play unless they own a PS2 or a 60GB PS3. Whereas PS1 games are available on the store and on discs.
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    VII has had the most spin off games, re-releases, toys, films based around it, etc, etc. And VII fans still always moan they never get featured enough. I don't get it, VII wasn't even THAT good the way the fans make it out to be.

Exactly, FFX got one mediocre sequel that reused a lot of the originals assets, and thats it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FFX always outranks VII in 'best games' lists in SE's home market, so it's a smart choice. Aside from that, it's probably still my favourite game I've ever played, so I'm happy. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FF VII is probably my favourite game of all time. A few years ago I'd have wanted a remake, now I'm not so sure. For one thing, if they couldn't re-unite the team behind it, then they shouldn't bother IMO. Also a remake of the game could possibly ruin it and people's memories of the original.

I did see a comment online a few days ago, it basically said that if Square Enix did remake VII and it wasn't up to par, they'd get complaints from the same people demanding a remake.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Any chance of a X-2 remake? Fininshed X but never got aroud to X-2