Eastenders - Poppy and Fatboy (spoiler)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Later this month Poppy realises that she has feelings for Fatboy. Would anyone like them to get together?

Comments

• Lordy LordyLordy Lordy Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom_Willis wrote: »
    Later this month Poppy realises that she has feelings for Fatboy. Would anyone like them to get together?

Have I missed something......there aint no spoiler!:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have I missed something......there aint no spoiler!:(

Maybe some people don't know that Poppy has feelings for Fatboy!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom_Willis wrote: »
    Maybe some people don't know that Poppy has feelings for Fatboy!

Is this a confirmed spoiler?

If not then I'm taking this with a pinch of salt. And no, I don't want them together.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Is this a confirmed spoiler?

If not then I'm taking this with a pinch of salt. And no, I don't want them together.

It's in one of the soap magazines - Poppy helps Fatboy hook up with some woman called Sylvia but then she realises that she wants him! She's upset when he says his date went well but she's secretly pleased when Sylvia rejects him. That's all I know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the energy both we and the EE staff invested in Denise and Fatboy has been a waste.

Couples ruined under LN - those two.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its Inside soap, I didn't really get Fatboy and Denise, think she needs someone whose more older and can give her better storylines.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the energy both we and the EE staff invested in Denise and Fatboy has been a waste.

Sadly they were never a proper couple though. They just had a fling. Unless the scriptwriters decide to bring them back together in the future.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I don't want to see them together . She can do so much better than this complete moron
  • Green KnickersGreen Knickers Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont know what to make of this.Perhaps the theory Poppys romance was with Tamwar was wrong.
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No one wasted any energy on them seeing as they were only seen together a matter of 4-5 times. I think all the viewers (bar a few, obviously) knew that Denise and Fatboy were just a little bit of fun for the time being. It was nice not to see a relationship that had to be surrounded by drama from the word go. Maybe they will continue it in the future, but for now I think its clear on where we are at with Fat boy and Denise. To say energy was invested into the couple is a bit bold. Maybe a little disappointment as they did work well together - But them apart for the time being opens up a great possibility for a love story in the future.

Although its been a slow year in terms of story lines (a lot of fillers this year, still enjoyable), LN hasn't done to bad.

Also, I'd like to see Poppy and Fat boy together - Maybe not long term though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one wasted any energy on them seeing as they were only seen together a matter of 4-5 times. I think all the viewers (bar a few, obviously) knew that Denise and Fatboy were just a little bit of fun for the time being. It was nice not to see a relationship that had to be surrounded by drama from the word go. Maybe they will continue it in the future, but for now I think its clear on where we are at with Fat boy and Denise. To say energy was invested into the couple is a bit bold. Maybe a little disappointment as they did work well together - But them apart for the time being opens up a great possibility for a love story in the future.

Although its been a slow year in terms of story lines (a lot of fillers this year, still enjoyable), LN hasn't done to bad.

I personally found Fatboy and Denise far more bearable than all the other drab relationships (in their short time together) rotting away in the Square at the moment. Jay/Abi is the exception to this.

The number of break-ups and short-term hook ups is getting ridiculous.

BTW: my post was a deliberate overstatment to put emphasis on this situation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love fatnise:D:D together they are good for each other
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally found Fatboy and Denise far more bearable than all the other drab relationships (in their short time together) rotting away in the Square at the moment. Jay/Abi is the exception to this.

The number of break-ups and short-term hook ups is getting ridiculous.

BTW: my post was a deliberate overstatment to put emphasis on this situation.

Yeah they were good together, but I think there is potentially a bigger story line there if they leave it for awhile. Oh fair enough then :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    I can't be the only one who thinks Poppy is the most pointless character in the show's history and is just a way of hitting a key demographic of stupid and ditzy teenagers, which she is
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvmadcalum wrote: »
    I can't be the only one who thinks Poppy is the most pointless character in the show's history and is just a way of hitting a key demographic of stupid and ditzy teenagers, which she is
    Completely agree but there are few main players I'd rather get rid of first though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She is in her twenties and I find her character very likeable and friendly .
    Rachel is actually a very good actress judging by other stuff I've seen her in
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Poppy's great, but when they were doing their little beatbox thing for Tam's birthday, and in any scenes they've shared before and after then, she's had zero chemistry with Fat Boy. Which is a shame, because they'd be a nice couple. You have to think though. TPTB looked at Fat Boy and said: "He works with Whitney. We should break them up. He works with Denise. We should never let that get off the ground. He has a lovely friendship with Poppy and zero chemistry: ooooooooh! We should put them together! If we're lucky we'll have a new Titney! Amazballs!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    los.kav wrote: »
    Poppy's great, but when they were doing their little beatbox thing for Tam's birthday, and in any scenes they've shared before and after then, she's had zero chemistry with Fat Boy. Which is a shame, because they'd be a nice couple. You have to think though. TPTB looked at Fat Boy and said: "He works with Whitney. We should break them up. He works with Denise. We should never let that get off the ground. He has a lovely friendship with Poppy and zero chemistry: ooooooooh! We should put them together! If we're lucky we'll have a new Titney! Amazballs!"

Fully agree, they do seem like friends but there's no..."spark". I can't see them even holding hands (and if they already have I must've missed it) let alone snogging.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Shenice has first place but Poppy is not far behind :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. They're both bright, bubbly, super cheerful characters. As a couple they would be OTT exuberant and it wouldn't be long before they got on people's nerves. I can't imagine Fatboy and Poppy (as a couple) being able to manage problems seriously and I doubt they would be given anything but superficial storylines. This would stifle their individual character development.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,934
    Forum Member
    Keeki wrote: »
    No. They're both bright, bubbly, super cheerful characters. As a couple they would be OTT exuberant and it wouldn't be long before they got on people's nerves. I can't imagine Fatboy and Poppy (as a couple) being able to manage problems seriously and I doubt they would be given anything but superficial storylines. This would stifle their individual character development.

Any of the other teens would drag them down. I don't mind this pairing although I think it would have been better if they'd become friends first. It would have been good if Poppy fell for Fatters without him realising itconsidering it's usually him who mops after women
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I think they're too much alike...they're both people pleasers. It could be too sickly sweet.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked fat boy with Whitney. She is boring with Tyler.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    I think they're too much alike...they're both people pleasers. It could be too sickly sweet.

wasnt poppy like that with anthony?
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wasnt poppy like that with anthony?

She was never really 'with' Anthony. They dated once or twice and then he kissed Jodie which caused 'drama' (EE thought it was anyway..)