Amy vs Bella

Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Amy who fans out there also twihards?. Like both sci fi and horror. Was thinking yesterday Mrs Williams does have a few things in common with Mrs Cullen. Both concieved their daughters on honeymoon. Both on a bad day can be a little stroppy and whinny.Both had rather unique experiences of pregnancy and childbirth. Amy "forgot" she was pregnant untill she went into labour because of the whole flesh avatar thing. Bellas baby came to term in only a few weeks. Both had rough deliveries leaving them unable to bear more children. Amy got off a bit lighter. She didn't actully have to die or come back as the undead.Then there are the girls themselves. Both born hybrids one human/vampire the other human/timelord.Both families have a similar dynamic. Originally a love triangle between the mum,dad and mums best freind. Once the girls arrived it changes. Doctor and River/Melody did kind of imprint on eachother like Jaccob and Renesme did.Both families also had to deal with the whole ageing and immortality thing.Sure both mums are very proud of their daughters.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :yawn:Hm I perfer dw and followed it all through , amy is more funny i guess, bella seems needy ax
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sometimes when I read threads on this forum I cant help but have the music from the 'Twilight (no pun intended) Zone' playing in my head. This is one of those times. :rolleyes:
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Let's not go there, eh?

Amy's a fantastic if flawed character, played by an actress who has a personality and charisma.

Bella is the most offensive character known to literature. Proof that even female writers cannot write well for women.

Please let's not compare them eh?
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Karen Gillan can act and (judging from the Twish*te films), Kristen Stewart can't.
    Case closed.
  • Philip_LambPhilip_Lamb Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Amy`s not choosing between beastiality and necrophelia
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you be a fan of Amy and Bella? Surely it's incompatible. One I smart and resourceful the other a waste of space.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    That's like asking if I want a beating with a baseball bat or a crowbar.

Both are useless Bella has ruined vampires and Amy ruined Doctor Who both have the acting skills of a 3 year old in the nativity.

Both are supposed to be lookers where in reality their looks are very highly overrated
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karen Gillan can act and (judging from the Twish*te films), Kristen Stewart can't.
    Case closed.

For a while she was reputedly quite convincing as 'person not having an affair' and I expect that involved quite a lot of acting.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    TEDR wrote: »
    For a while she was reputedly quite convincing as 'person not having an affair' and I expect that involved quite a lot of acting.

I have a friend who is obsessed with the Twilight films (She even went 40 miles just so she could see it at midnight just a few hours earlier than watching it here)

Anyway she told me that they are back together now lucky to as it was just in time to promote the film together :rolleyes:;)
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    It's a somewhat unfortunate cliche that if a prominent female character in a sci-fi or fantasy story conceives a child, it will undoubtedly grow up to be either some kind of mutant superhero, or prophesied Chosen One.