Anyone know if Macklemore will be releasing 'Same Love' in the UK?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
Forum Member
✭✭
I'd love it to be released. Beautiful song and video and I imagine it would get alot of attention. For those who aren't aware it's basically supporting gay rights and it's already went to #1 in a couple of countries.

Here's the video here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlVBg7_08n0

Comments

• Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    It was released as the 4th single from his album (but it didn't chart obviously). But now Macklemore is famous I think he'll re-release it, after Can't Hold Us though. I can't see them not releasing it, it's such an obvious hit imo. And it's a big issue in the US especially at the moment, I can see them promoting it in the summer time after Can't Hold Us is finished.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    I adore this song and the video is also beautiful
  • maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This song needs to be released here. I still believe homophobia is one of the biggest problems in the UK.

It'd be interesting to see the chart position for the UK.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    It'd be interesting to see the chart position for the UK.

I think it will go to #1 to be honest. Possibly in the US as well. It already has done in Australia.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He already released and it didn't do much, apparently he is rereleasing Can't Hold Us so maybe he might do the same with Same Love. It's a really good song and well written so hopefully it can be a hit one day. I think it could be.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Really like this song I made a dance to it with my dance company hopefully he releases it here could see it doing well :) .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 $pirit wrote: »
    He already released and it didn't do much, apparently he is rereleasing Can't Hold Us so maybe he might do the same with Same Love. It's a really good song and well written so hopefully it can be a hit one day. I think it could be.

Most artists re-release songs after they have a breakthrough, though.

I really hope it gets released again. Songs and videos like that are extremely rare and it'd be a shame if it got overlooked for another song (no matter how good it is).
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a must release. It surely will be #1 and probably will be there for a long time, just like Where is the Love? by The Black Eyed Peas. It's a brilliant song/video.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 $pirit wrote: »

Not in The UK i think Thrift Shop was his first official UK single so there is scope for release as a third after CHU :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard this on Radio 1 a few hours ago. Has it been confirmed as the next single then?
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    I heard this on Radio 1 a few hours ago. Has it been confirmed as the next single then?

I guess so. It'll work as a full on release once the US gets it, i.e. late August here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally at #99 now on iTunes thanks to the VMA's.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume they're waiting for Macklemore/Ryan Lewis to be in the UK to promote it properly. If it's performed on the X Factor it could be massive (a la Labrinth/ Emeli Sande)