Yahoo Mail Bucket Tab - What On Earth? Helppppp?

clycly Posts: 1,393
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've got several 'throwaway' Yahoo Mail accounts, ones that i use just for forums and online commenting etc, no personal or financial stuff, therefore if needed i can close them down if ever infected with spam or virus.

Two of them today when i've opened them have an extra tab/link at the top of the page next to the 'sign out' 'options' 'help' ones. It says

Bucket: None

has a drop down menu arrow which in both accounts then has the same options

None
CMUSCRMNC3 - Minty Fresh Back Test
CMUSMTH501 - HTML5 Uploader Tictac
CMUSMTCB01 - Categorization Bucket Test
CMUSST3S01 - Ad Rotation 3 second rule removed
CMUSMFSSL01 - SSL Bucket Test
CMUSCVTM01 - Conversations

Upon clicking on them it just reverts to my inbox.

I've done a virus scan and kept TCP View open but i don't see anything too untoward from normal entries.

I have Googled for 'Yahoo Mail bucket tab' and don't get any results that help.

Has anyone else got the same display or can add some insight? I would have contacted Yahoo help (if there is one) but i presume it would never get answered.

(oh yeah i forgot i couldn't log out either, had to just close down the browser. Upon returning i had to sign in as normal and the 'bucket' tab wasn't there any more!)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Yup, I've got that too. Tried logging out and back in, but it's still there :confused:
  • barky99barky99 Posts: 3,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    something strange with yahoo mail last few days, I cant log out of mail page without opening up yahoo home page by clicking on house icon on right first, closing mail tab & logging off from other yahoo page!
  • clycly Posts: 1,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been very glitchy for quite a little while now in many little ways.

A few weeks ago i pulled up the developer's tool on either Google Chrome or Internet Explorer whilst on the page and it was riddled with errors and dead ends.

On one of my accounts from over six years ago i still get "you are already signed in" when i go to sign in on every occasion. However, i'm not already signed in and i do have to sign in.

If i remember rightly it all started when before i had a computer i used to log in at an internet cafe (that Greek bloke's firm i forget his name now and they gone bust lol) and there was mention in Google queries at the time that Yahoo keeps you as loggd in on 'another' device!

Incidentally, back to this bucket thing.....i mentioned before that it had gone.....ok not yet as scary as that scary girl in that scary Poltergeist film but....i have to report.....it's baaaaaaack. Again every option on the drop-down menu takes me back to the inbox.

I got to admit i am slightly worried in that i can't find any mention oovia either Google or Yahoo mail itself as to what this bucket options are.

CMUSCRMNC3 - Minty Fresh Back Test
    CMUSMTH501 - HTML5 Uploader Tictac
    CMUSMTCB01 - Categorization Bucket Test
    CMUSST3S01 - Ad Rotation 3 second rule removed
    CMUSMFSSL01 - SSL Bucket Test
    CMUSCVTM01 - Conversations

Seems like some sort of advertising coding built into the application. Third-party dodgy or Yahoo themselves who knows? i'd certainly like too.

Also, it may have been there longer than i was aware and possibly i only noticed it by chance today?
  • evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    Don't know whether any of this helps.

Regression Testing: http://searchsoftwarequality.techtarget.com/definition/regression-testing

Adam Cahan, SVP, Emerging Products & Tech, at Yahoo! "I think the most important piece is that we’re really focusing on the user behaviors and what users are here to do with email. The funny line we’re using internally is “we want to re-imagine email to be email.” When it comes to email, what you want is fast and easy, anywhere access. What we learned is that speed and simplicity are features, and that’s what users are trusting us with. We spent a lot of time not only on the details of the performance here, but also watching how it impacts everyone. We do a lot of bucket testing to see what happens."