Home & Away 2012 **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
Forum Member
Apparently Charlie is going to get shot, but we don't know if she lives or dies ...
There has been lots of rumours about Esther Anderson leaving the show, so what do you think ?
Is Esther Anderson leaving and will Charlie die ?

Comments

• SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soap_Queen wrote: »
    Apparently Charlie is going to get shot, but we don't know if she lives or dies ...
    There has been lots of rumours about Esther Anderson leaving the show, so what do you think ?
    Is Esther Anderson leaving and will Charlie die ?
    In episode 5435 to be broadcast in January 2012. Charlie is shot by a shock returnee. In the 2012 Home and Away trailer it looks like she will die.

Also the opening titles are returning....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I hope she doesn't die, her and brax are perfect for each other.
  • InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    The season finale was a great episode, I hope Charlie doesn't die. That James Morrison song is perfect for the 2012 preview, although what's Brax doing when he blocks the door in the hospital room so noone can get in? I hate the Xmas break. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InsideSoap wrote: »
    The season finale was a great episode, I hope Charlie doesn't die. That James Morrison song is perfect for the 2012 preview, although what's Brax doing when he blocks the door in the hospital room so noone can get in? I hate the Xmas break. :eek:
    It looks like he's trying to stop the doctors from turning the life surport off.
  • emma dailyemma daily Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SOAPYFAN wrote: »
    [SPOIERL]In episode 5435 to be broadcast in January 2012. Charlie is shot by a shock returnee. In the 2012 Home and Away trailer it looks like she will die.

Whose returning?
    Forum Member
    It looks like he's trying to stop the doctors from turning the life surport off.

:( I love Charlie and Brax, hopefully she won't die.
    emma daily wrote: »
    Whose returning?

Jake Pirovic.
  • gilly1981gilly1981 Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They are not necessarily returning.

Cam Welsh said it's something they are looking into but you the titles won't be back in January.
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    He wasn't going to say "the titles and theme are never returning" so he gave his usual style of open ended vague answer. I really don't think he has any plans to bring them back during however long his stint as producer continues.
    Forum Member
    I think it's ridiculous not having them, they've always been one of the best things about the show for me. Even the photo frame ones and the last ones they had were better than nothing. Has a reason ever been given for not having them? They can hardly blame time constraints with some of the rubbish they fill episodes up with, it's only 30 seconds or so after all.
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    InsideSoap wrote: »
    I think it's ridiculous not having them, they've always been one of the best things about the show for me. Even the photo frame ones and the last ones they had were better than nothing. Has a reason ever been given for not having them? They can hardly blame time constraints with some of the rubbish they fill episodes up with, it's only 30 seconds or so after all.

Exactly. They could easily axe the recap (other soaps manage without one) if time constraints is really such an issue. The only reason Cam Welsh ever gave for axing the credits was "So we can get straight into the drama". P*sh.

I agree the H&A credits have always been great - they have always been so different from anything done on any other soap. I didn't like the photo frame ones but they were a zillion times better than nothing. And the theme song is world famous, there are so many fan covers of it on youtube.

Home and Away titles montages
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10s7NMjDWH4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqE5Wcc6iYI
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,690
    Forum Member
    Bianca is pregnant
  • Sparkle27Sparkle27 Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    My theory on Charlie is that she doesnt die(well i really hope not, love love love her and brax together!!)... i think that H&A put out the story about Esther leaving the show as a ploy for this storyline, they have neither confirmed or denied that she is leaving, and when these rumors started first a few months back Esther herself denied them.....i am really hopin i am right..!!:cry:
  • bexj2008bexj2008 Posts: 1,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been watching H&A.... Oz pace and ive gotta say the final 2 minutes was :eek:

For the past couple of months I've loved Brax and Charlie... I just hope she lives. The promo for next year is sad.

Overall I think Home & Away has improved a lot and its the best its been in months
  • whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    I hope she doesn't leave, her and Brax are the best couple that H & A have had in ages, bucketloads of chemistry!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been watching H & A for the past few months after giving up back in 2009 (after Belle's death) and its been great. Got to say though, I miss the opening titles.

As for Charlie, I think she dies or survives and just leaves on her own. Anyone know when H&A returns in 2012?
    Forum Member
    It's usually the end of January
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadRomance wrote: »
    It's usually the end of January

It returns in Australia on 9th January 2012.

I think the final Channel 5 episode of 2011 is 16th December and returns on 9th January, this is so we can catch up.
    Forum Member
    Is the Australian date confirmed as that would be the earliest ever the show has returned? It's normally late January. However, maybe they are bringing it back two weeks early as it will be going off for the Olympics?
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    summer_ste wrote: »
    He wasn't going to say "the titles and theme are never returning" so he gave his usual style of open ended vague answer. I really don't think he has any plans to bring them back during however long his stint as producer continues.

He always seems to give those type of answers when asked about them.
    summer_ste wrote: »
    The only reason Cam Welsh ever gave for axing the credits was "So we can get straight into the drama". P*sh.

Yes, that is a rubbish reason. The show had the opening credits for every single episode up until around mid 2006 where they started to get phased out before being dropped altogether. The show worked absolutely fine with the opening credits, with no problem at all. So there's not a single reason why they shouldn't bring them back - permanently and with some proper effort into them instead of just "Meh, that'll do".
    I agree the H&A credits have always been great - they have always been so different from anything done on any other soap. I didn't like the photo frame ones but they were a zillion times better than nothing. And the theme song is world famous, there are so many fan covers of it on youtube.

The vast majority of people in this world would be able to recognise the theme tune if it was played to them, even if they'd never even watched a single episode.

Bring them back!

Oh, and as far as the 2012 season goes, the sooner Cameron Welsh leaves and takes the Drivel Boys with him, the better. For me, he's been the worst producer the show has ever had.
  • kessukikessuki Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    Bianca is pregnant

she is? i didnt pick up on that in the final episode. :confused:
    Forum Member
    kessuki wrote: »
    she is? i didnt pick up on that in the final episode. :confused:

It wasnt mentioned in it. There is a photo on backtothebay of a fan who went to Palm Beach and Lisa Gormley is wearing a bump in the photo. So, the question is who's the daddy?!
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,667
    Forum Member
    They can't kill Charlie off, I forbid it!!! :D We had Jack in a live or die cliff hanger a couple of years back, they can't do the same to Charlie :(
  • kessukikessuki Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    It wasnt mentioned in it. There is a photo on backtothebay of a fan who went to Palm Beach and Lisa Gormley is wearing a bump in the photo. So, the question is who's the daddy?!

ahh thanks for that. hmmm my money is on heath but i would much prefer it being liams. i like heath but really dont want him to become a dad again whilst he is struggling to take care of darcy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I saw Esther Anderson in an interview about her going back to modelling and they were talking about Home and Away and she said she wasn't leaving any time soon !!!! :D
    Hopefull that mean she won't be leaving !!!!