Work on Britney's 8th album is underway!!

rebellionrebellion Posts: 851
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a444888/britney-spears-begins-work-on-eighth-studio-album.html

Album 8 is officially underway.

Grammy nominated writer Elijah Blake
tells ThatGrapeJuice.net Britney’s team
enlisted him to begin working on cuts for
her next release.

“I think her fans will be surprised by it. I
would say its definitely the ‘unexpected’
Britney in so many ways, in that she’s
playing with new textures and stomping
on new grounds and genres”.

Blake confirmed the news via Twitter ,
saying:
I’ve definitely had the pleasure of starting
on something I think is going to be big
with her

Blake’s responsible for Usher’s song
“Climax” and Rihanna’s “No Love
Allowed,” to name a few.

Comments

• rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After seeing clips of her appearance on US X factor and the stuck up demeanor with which she presented herself, it is shame that 'work on her personality' isn't 'underway.'
  • adam2904adam2904 Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    rfonzo wrote: »
    After seeing clips of her appearance on US X factor and the stuck up demeanor with which she presented herself, it is shame that 'work on her personality' isn't 'underway.'

Pot kettle black..
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I'm liking the sound of it already! I CANNOT WAIT :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Britney has just become a vacant shell and her album sales have been in steady decline - wasn't it game over a while ago? She might be able to sell a few singles here and there but i'm not expecting big things, still cant believe people actually PAY to see this woman in tour - even the edited DVD version is like something from a karaoke bar in Slough.

Sidenote: I think Britney's a nice girl and respect what shes achieved but lets call a spade a spade - the people that bitchily attack anyone with an opinion on Britney have no leg to stand on apart from dragging up her previous efforts i.e everything before 2006 and Blackout. Some people need to accept shes not a good performer anymore, that's a fact.
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not really excited. I listened to some of his songs online, and they are not really my style! :/ I'm worried.

Totally on board for B&A, Darkchild, and Danja, though! :)
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I adored femme fatale. Infact I still do. It's an amazing album.
    It did well in America didn't it ?
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should hsve left the industry after her breakdown.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her last album was amazing!!! Keep it up Brit...Shes had 4 or 5 good albums in a row. The last tour wasnt so good but she sang live for a lot of it the 2 times I went to see her, then the dvd was dubbed. She'll bring out another great album, I dont care about sales or performances, shes great.
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    I adored femme fatale. Infact I still do. It's an amazing album.
    It did well in America didn't it ?

It did ok, it peaked at #1 and went Platinum on shipments but really only sold c.800,000 copies (and sold a really not very impressive 1.5m WW and a really poor 65,000 copies in the UK).

I hope she puts a hell of a lot more effort in with Album 8 so it can gain some sales fit of her name & legacy - but then when you compare Femme Fatale's success with some of Britney's contemporaries you really can't complain too much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney has just become a vacant shell and her album sales have been in steady decline - wasn't it game over a while ago? She might be able to sell a few singles here and there but i'm not expecting big things, still cant believe people actually PAY to see this woman in tour - even the edited DVD version is like something from a karaoke bar in Slough.

Sidenote: I think Britney's a nice girl and respect what shes achieved but lets call a spade a spade - the people that bitchily attack anyone with an opinion on Britney have no leg to stand on apart from dragging up her previous efforts i.e everything before 2006 and Blackout. Some people need to accept shes not a good performer anymore, that's a fact.

Game over please! She was Still the highest paid Music star in the world this year!
    Feel free to have your opinon just don`t state it as a fact!
    IMO She`s one of the only one who never disappoints when delivering an album
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    So 3008 wrote: »
    It did ok, it peaked at #1 and went Platinum on shipments but really only sold c.800,000 copies (and sold a really not very impressive 1.5m WW and a really poor 65,000 copies in the UK).
    I think it's sold almost 100k in the UK now...
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    65,000 or 100,000 is not great for someone of her supposed stature
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed tbh all major pop stars go through "under performing" era`s it happens sadly :( Anyway excited for a new album :)
  • LMLM Posts: 63,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Does it really matter?

Roll on album 8.
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the only time she will really surprise is when she is better and is strong enough to write a really dark album about 2007 and 2008, almost like a Kelly Clarkson 'My December' type album. I hope she does as it will show a totally different side to her and I really think one day, this will happen.
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why people don't understand why people go to see Britney ... they know what's in store they're not deluded, people go of their own volition. Don't be so dictator-y 'Oh you SHOULDN'T go see Britney cos she doesn't sing live/terrble'

Get lost, Britters fans will go see her whether you like it or not!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the only time she will really surprise is when she is better and is strong enough to write a really dark album about 2007 and 2008, almost like a Kelly Clarkson 'My December' type album. I hope she does as it will show a totally different side to her and I really think one day, this will happen.

She did that with Blackout
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to hear she's started work on it. Not keen on this guy's material, but Britney usually gets the best out of any producer (etc Danja/Max Martin/Bloodshy & Avant etc). Also, in the interview he said he's writing "with" her, and I love her lyrical style from In The Zone and various unreleased songs, so I'm sure it will be great. He said she's going a little more personal too. I don't expect it to be too personal because since her "breakdown" she has used her work as an escape from her struggles rather than a place to lament over them, which is why in many ways Blackout is a very personal record. She also tweeted asking fans if they would like a "blackout 2.0" when it was trending on twitter with Danja also tweeting about it.

Whatever people think of her, her albums are always a cut above the rest and she'll soon be in her 15th year in the business, that is a long time for any artist to stay at or around the top. Even the disconnected Femme Fatale or the cookie cutter Circus were two great albums that, released by anyone else, would have been lauded.

I think The X Factor has been great for her confidence and has helped bring back her competitive nature. I don't think she's cared too much about her recent albums being successful.
  • CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet it's going to be full of that generic American house/r&b hybrid pop that's so in vogue at the moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    I feel it would be naive to think they haven't tried to re-create Blackout with both Circus and Femme Fatale. Certainly with the latter.

I get the impression they miss the point of what made Blackout so good. It was different for her, it was ahead of the curb and the quality was stellar. Setting out for Blackout 2.0 probably won't achieve it. Especially if they're sonically going for just an updated version with new faddy production.

Personally I'd like Britney to bring out an indie/electro pop album. A mixture of Ladytron, Dragonette and Robyn with some Frozen-esque ballads. The delicate but distinctive vocals would work well with the sound.

As for Britney herself, it would be nice if she gave off the air of being remotely interested and passionate. You're not going to incite much excitement in your music outwith your fans if you can't be assed.
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Scream and Shout could be good for Britney in the UK, lets be honest, even though it's down to Will.i.am, it's on track to be Britneys highest charting single since Piece Of Me. If it wasn't for the X Factor, it could have been her first number 1 since Everytime in 2004.

All she needs is a little more promotion. The UK do still love her, she got the highest cheer on X Factor I can remember for Womanizer and that helped it get to number 3 after it was slipping down the charts.
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She did that with Blackout

I don't agree. Blackout was a brilliant album but there was no personal touch to it. Yes, as Executive Producer she selected the songs that appeared on it but she had little to no creative input into the songs themselves.

What I meant was an album where Britney writes songs which reflect how she was feeling at that time and since as I still do not believe she is happy with the way her life is controlled at the moment. I think when she is her own person again and she feels stong enough, an album with songs she has written herself about how she was feeling at that time would give her that 'artists' album' which, I think, every artist needs to produce at some point in their career to be taken seriously.