Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TCD1975 wrote: »
    Pacific Rim 4/10

I went in to the cinema with low expectations and got pretty much exactly what I expected ... but with worse acting and dialogue than I anticipated.

I thought it was pretty good, the 3D was a good quality. Idris Elba did very well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...the purge...absolute nonsense who's only high spot was lena headey

Talking of Lena Headley, I watched Dredd last week and I'd give it 8/10; much, much better than the Stallone version.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member
    Talking of Lena Headley, I watched Dredd last week and I'd give it 8/10; much, much better than the Stallone version.

...i'd agree with you...wasn't expecting much,but you're right..the stallone version wasn't in the same league
  • TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The World's End 8/10

Not sure why this isn't as highly rated as the first two films in the Cornetto trilogy. I thought it was excellent. Plenty of laughs, some great direction and action sequences, but rooted in a strong story with depth and character development.
  • bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oblivion - so wanted to enjoy this but it came across as a high budget film with a low budget script,

3ish/10 ( sci-fi scale of Cowboys and Aliens = 1 and Moon = 10 )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually liked Cowboys and Aliens, but then I haven't found much to fault any Daniel Craig movie.
  • thmsthms Posts: 61,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just watched cloud atlas on dvd 10/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched The Stepfather 7/10 it was the 2009 remake.
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stir of Echoes 9/10 scary ghost horror one of the best IMO !
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Side Effects

Don't think it was a bad film, but I didn't enjoy it at all.
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Conjuring - 9/10 - was gripped from the very start, great story with lots of jumps thrown in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wrath of the Titans 3/10

I enjoyed Clash of the Titans (2010), it wasn't bad (nowhere near as good as the 1981 original), but I felt this one was just a bit tagged on to the end.
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,164
    Forum Member
    The Pirate (1948) - 8/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wolverine 7/10 - I really liked it! It is a great action flick.

However, my partner could only pick holes in it... Admittedly, there are a couple of inconsistencies but I still liked it! Although Hugh Jackman helps :o

A good day to die hard 2/10 - Despite all the action, it was tedious as hell. And Silly. The lack of character development in this movie really makes it dull! My recommendation is to avoid it unless you want to see how bad it is.
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Looper - Superior sci-fi with some interesting takes on the whole time travel paradox malarky 7/10
  • SamthefootballSamthefootball Posts: 4,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched Kick Ass on Channel 4. Great action movie for a saturday night 10/10
  • InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    kick ass - 7/10
    though i thought the middle dragged a bit, chloe moretz is gonna be a star

now ive started watching the children and its very odd :confused: though i just realised one of the characters is in the inbetweeners was bugging me for ages
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Conjuring - 7/10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched Kick Ass on Channel 4. Great action movie for a saturday night 10/10

I agree. When I first sat down to watch it, I was not expecting much, to be honest. But my mind was changed by the end.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    Paris, Texas

Wim Wenders' take on eighties dislocation and the desire to re-connect via a shattered family unit. Some of it looks a touch heavy-handed these days, but the performances, slow-burn narrative and tight-yet-languid handling means it's lost little of its hypnotic power. 8.5/10

Kick Ass

Ho-hum fanboy-bait. Wants to be nerdy-hip and irony-cool, but far too clumsy and flat-footed to really work. It's also too bland to enjoy as style over substance. Did Ebert really throw a tizz over its violence? The overall impression is just how naff it all seems. 4/10
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Enjoyed this last night. Real funny too
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    Crowsnest

"Found Footage" stuff. Awful film. Started off OK but turned into The Blair Witch Project meets Deliverance rather quickly. Annoying characters too, I was routing for the psychos to kill them just to shut them up.

I wouldn't bother - 2/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indy / Last Crusade and Die Hard with a Vengeance.

Both absolute stonkers that are vastly superior to anything new I've watched recently.
  • InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    InTheLoop wrote: »
    kick ass - 7/10
    though i thought the middle dragged a bit, chloe moretz is gonna be a star

now ive started watching the children and its very odd :confused: though i just realised one of the characters is in the inbetweeners was bugging me for ages

the children 4/10
    maybe slightly harsh but its ridiculous for these children, about 4 year olds, become subtle, deceptive homicidal maniacs and the adults are too horny or drunk to do anything about it

the good thing about this movie is that the kids do play convincing killers, and your acutally rooting for them to be killed off (i won't say if the adults are successful in this)
This discussion has been closed.