Comments

• Yog101Yog101 Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman, out in June I believe
  • rwouldrwould Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    :D Hope its out on Kindle tomorrow, will hit buy it soon as I wake up :D
    Sadly Kindle readers do not get it for 3 months as they do not like digital editions. Bit of a kick in the teeth for a series that I have nearly all of in hardback bought on release.
  • PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Believe it or not I was just coming in here to post the exact same thing. I really can't wait :o:D

I bought Into the Woods back in Octoberish and I've put off reading those short stories so I can read them both together.

I haven't bought any of the short stories yet. I'm really not a fan of short story collections, and I hate it when the main books reference something that happened in them.
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 20,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Final book of the Divergent trilogy as yet unnamed, Clockwork Princess and Requiem by Lauren Oliver. I confess to being a little too old for YA but I find a lot of them enjoyable so why not.:)
  • sunnymegsunnymeg Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Written in my own heart's blood by Diana Gabaldon due the end of the year, if she ever finishes it!
  • mocha-lattemocha-latte Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Final book of the Divergent trilogy as yet unnamed, Clockwork Princess and Requiem by Lauren Oliver. I confess to being a little too old for YA but I find a lot of them enjoyable so why not.:)

Some great reads in YA I loved
    'Wither' (The Chemical Garden, Book 1) by Lauren DeStefano
    and 'If I Stay' by Gayle Forman
  • occasional postoccasional post Posts: 6,351
    Forum Member
    There's a new Bill Bryson out later this year - cant wait
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member

Ooh yes, requiem. Forgot about that one! :)
  • cantelpitcantelpit Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Six Years by Harlan Coben
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Maddadam by Margaret Atwood and the next Shade of Grey by Jasper Fforde are the two that I can't wait to read.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Small Cruyff by Johann Cruyff, is the one that I am waiting for.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Final book of the Divergent trilogy as yet unnamed,

Isn't it going to be Resurgent?

Edit: oh, I must have imagined that. Yes, her website confirms still unnamed. Due out in October though, and the film starts filming this spring, yay!
  • snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,012
    Forum Member
    academia wrote: »
    The final part of Hilary Mantel's trilogy.

me too:)
  • TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    Entwined with you - sylvia cross

Me too.

Can't wait!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    The final part of the Thomas Covenant quadrilogy. Hopefully it will be about Covenant rather than Linden Avery...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new R J Ellory is high on my list as is Dr Sleep - Stephen King. I just know that both these authors will not let me down :)
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    Cythna wrote: »
    Sarah Water's has a new book due, though I'm not sure of the title. I loved The Little Stranger, and bought copies for my nearest and dearest, some of whom got frightened by it:eek:

Is her new novel definitely being released this year?, there's nothing about it on Amazon.
  • trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite looking forward to Sherrilyn Kenyon's 23rd Dark Hunter novel - Styxx
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Modal Logic as Metaphysics, by Timothy Williamson.

Also Fractured by Teri Terry (the sequel to Slated).

(I couldn't find a one that was most, so I've listed two.)
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've enjoyed more YA novels lately than 'A' ones.

I was going to list Requiem, but I noticed it was already out ... though I suppose that doesn't really stop it from being one of the most anticipated of the year.

I liked Delirium much more than Divergent, and haven't continued with the Divergent ones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well now I've just finished "Midnight" by Stephen Leather I have to say that "Nightshade" by SL is now my most anticipated. Not long to wait just until the end April. Had forgotton how wildly entertaining the Jack Nightingale series from this author is!
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    I've enjoyed more YA novels lately than 'A' ones.

I was going to list Requiem, but I noticed it was already out ... though I suppose that doesn't really stop it from being one of the most anticipated of the year.

I liked Delirium much more than Divergent, and haven't continued with the Divergent ones.

Requiem is great, just finished it. I loved divergent, but agree insurgent wasn't as good. Have also heard that delirium has been picked up for a tv show.
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Anticipated books are quite embarrassing when you look at others :)

Dexter's Final Cut by Jeff Lindsay in September, Heroes of Olympus: The House of Hades by Rick Riordan in October, The Gods of Guilt by Michael Connelly in December. Nothing exactly high brow in that lot but still book series that I have loved through out.

All them are at the end of the year though, and I am looking for books to occupy my time in the meanwhile, series that I have missed or overlooked.
    Forum Member
    My Anticipated books are quite embarrassing when you look at others :)

Dexter's Final Cut by Jeff Lindsay in September, Heroes of Olympus: The House of Hades by Rick Riordan in October, The Gods of Guilt by Michael Connelly in December. Nothing exactly high brow in that lot but still book series that I have loved through out.

All them are at the end of the year though, and I am looking for books to occupy my time in the meanwhile, series that I have missed or overlooked.

I didn't realise the Percy Jackson books were still going!

If you like crime type books, you could try Kathy reichs books. Either the adult temperance Brennan books or the ya virals (which are fab)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to Dr Sleep by Stephen King. Also The Watcher In The Shadows by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, the new Dexter, and am ever hopeful for Winds Of Winter :rolleyes: