Doctor Who Repeats on 'Watch' Satellite Channel

tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Have been re-watching Doctor Who in the last 2 weeks on 'Watch'. I've been seeing them at 6pm instead of earlier in the day, due to the fact that I'm out in my local town from 1pm until 4pm most days, doing food shopping and browsing around Charity shops and using the local Library to borrow books, CDs and DVDs. I like to watch Doctor Who at 6pm while I'm relaxing and eating my tea.

Another excuse for watching Doctor Who at 6pm on 'Watch', is that I cannot stand that Dave bloke on Eggheads. Oh, he does my head in! :mad: He doesn't seem to come across as an excellent Egghead, does he? He's been knocked out before the end a few times recently. I used to love Eggheads, seeing it nearly every day, but not now Dave's there. I hope he not on there for much longer.

Anyway, I really enjoyed seeing the Master episodes from series 3 on 'Watch'. Utopia, Sound of Drums and Last of the Timelords. Now we are on to series 4 with Catherine Tate and Bernard Cribbins. Even though I've got every series of Doctor Who On DVD in seperate series box sets from the Ninth Doctor's series in 2005 up to Amy and Rory leaving last year, I still like to see the 'Watch' repeats. I'm that much of a fan.

Plus the fact, I don't have to bring the DVDs downstairs from my bedroom before I can see them. If I want to see any Doctor Who on DVD I watch them on my DVD player upstairs on my widescreen TV. I've had the telly for ten years. It's got a glass screen, not LCD. My telly still works fine, surprisingly. I've got ordinary Sky Digital upstairs, and Sky+HD downstairs.

I hope that 'Watch' start showing the 2011 series of Doctor Who soon. I did read somewhere on the net last month that UKTV were thinking about doing so, but nothing has been confirmed yet. Also I haven't heard anymore since.

Has anyone else been watching Doctor Who on 'Watch', this last forghtnight or so? I just wandered, that's all.

Comments

• SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    I watching it too started watching.. Fear her..

Agree loved the 3 part episode with the master it was a great farewell episode for Martha. Only problem I had with Martha was it was always "why can't the doctor notice me bla bla" with her.

Also do you reckon they will show the matt smith episodes
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    I watching it too started watching.. Fear her..

Agree loved the 3 part episode with the master it was a great farewell episode for Martha. Only problem I had with Martha was it was always "why can't the doctor notice me bla bla" with her.

Also do you reckon they will show the matt smith episodes

Yes, but the only problem was that Martha came back for the Sontaran episodes. Part one is on today, as far as I know. She also came back for the two part Davros/dalek story.

I do reckon they'll show Matt Smith's Doctor's stories, yes. Certainly the 2010 series, but I'm not sure about series 6 yet, though.

I hope that when 'Watch' do show the 2011 series, that they don't split it like the BBC did.
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've watched bits & pieces in the past, and noticed they cut them to shreds on Watch.

If I want to watch, I'll watch the DVD's/Blu-rays for the complete episodes.

Although I do understand why people watch them on this channel, I just can't (No Offense Intended!).
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    ^thanks I think I might buy boxests instead
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I don't care really - I've only got Freeview. But I have my favourite series on DVD (series 1-4). :)