The most obnoxious University Challenge contestant ever?

13»

Comments

• trevorptrevorp Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    darzog wrote: »
    They are all brave souls for going on national TV with all of the potential humiliation that it can bring.
    ^Absolutely. They're not actors or presenters. I'd be a nervous wreck in front of a camera and would undoubtedly make a complete tit of myself.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    trevorp wrote: »
    ^Absolutely. They're not actors or presenters.

Maybe next series they'll all be given a makeover, new teeth and media training before they're allowed through from the heats;)
  • Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,333,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    petely wrote: »
    Although he obviously *is* very clever, I was pleased that I got the answers (well, 2 of them at least - I had "x+3" when it should have been x+sqrt(3)) to the maths questions about largest +ve roots when he didn't even understand the question.
    Made me chuckle Pete as that was one of the few I got right pleasingly.....well, the last (easiest :D) one of the three anyway - the X to the power of 6 question where the answer was two :)

I can understand how he may come across as smug and a bit superior but I'm in the give-the-lad-a-break camp too. That was probably his most impressive performance of the series so far, there's no denying he's a very intelligent young man.