Music videos on Googleplay ?

rottweilerrottweiler Posts: 2,569
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm just starting to set up the kids Nexus 7's and I'm having trouble finding music videos to buy/download and films to buy, most of the films I've found re Rent only and no sign of music videos anywhere

I'm I doing something wrong ?..?

Comments

• Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    rottweiler wrote: »
    I'm just starting to set up the kids Nexus 7's and I'm having trouble finding music videos to buy/download and films to buy, most of the films I've found re Rent only and no sign of music videos anywhere

I'm I doing something wrong ?..?

Youtube is your best bet for music videos I would think .....
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, best place for music videos is youtube
  • rottweilerrottweiler Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, on iTunes you can download a single for 99p or the video for £1.49 which obviously includes the single.

Can you do this with Google play ?
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, on iTunes you can download a single for 99p or the video for £1.49 which obviously includes the single.

No they don't sell music videos in the play store.
    Forum Member

No you can buy the single for 99p (ish) and then get the official video for free on YouTube ....;)
  • Jamesollier18Jamesollier18 Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rip them off youtube stick them on the tablet easy and free

atubecatcher among many free youtube catcher type software to do the job
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not as cool as itunes then, but cheaper i guess
  • Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not as cool as itunes then, but cheaper i guess

Cooler...you dont have to have a huge wad of itunes software on a pc to use google play...
  • CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would you buy a music video for £1.89 when you can watch in on YouTube for free as many times as you like?
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CoolboyA wrote: »
    Why would you buy a music video for £1.89 when you can watch in on YouTube for free as many times as you like?

Because you have iCool on your forehead?
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    CoolboyA wrote: »

Because you like to give money to the artist so they produce more :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Because there is no wifi in hell
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you get to a genre that has only movies to download ? And not rent
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because there is no wifi in hell

Oh yes there is.

But it is provide by Talk Talk, and you have to be on hold to customer services for 23 hours of the day.
  • SILLY SUESILLY SUE Posts: 5,499
    Forum Member
    alan1302 wrote: »

Yep. Plus I don't think a couple of quid is too much to ask to buy a video from iTunes. You also don't have to rely on an internet connection as you can play them whenever you want so that's a plus point in itself.

I've no problem downloading a video from YouTube for free though. :D

Be interesting to see how it would pan out if Google Play did introduce music videos to purchase.
    Forum Member
    SILLY SUE wrote: »
    Yep. Plus I don't think a couple of quid is too much to ask to buy a video from iTunes. You also don't have to rely on an internet connection as you can play them whenever you want so that's a plus point in itself.

I've no problem downloading a video from YouTube for free though. :D

Be interesting to see how it would pan out if Google Play did introduce music videos to purchase.

never really seen the point of buying music videos (although I know many people do) bearing in mind there is Youtube, plus the PS3 and Smart TVs all seem to have free apps for music video streaming. Ive always assumed that music videos were a form of advertising rather than a revenue stream....
    Forum Member
    Stuart_h wrote: »
    never really seen the point of buying music videos (although I know many people do) bearing in mind there is Youtube, plus the PS3 and Smart TVs all seem to have free apps for music video streaming. Ive always assumed that music videos were a form of advertising rather than a revenue stream....

I can understand this point of view. :) With YouTube being a free service I can see why lots of people would download videos. I don't suppose iTunes make a lot from the videos anyway; but it's good for the consumer to have a choice.

Not forgetting other free video services available over the Internet.
    Forum Member
    SILLY SUE wrote: »
    I can understand this point of view. :) With YouTube being a free service I can see why lots of people would download videos. I don't suppose iTunes make a lot from the videos anyway; but it's good for the consumer to have a choice.

Not forgetting other free video services available over the Internet.

Yes... standard disclaimer "other free video sites are available" :p
    Forum Member
    Stuart_h wrote: »
    Yes... standard disclaimer "other free video sites are available" :p

Indeed. :D

Oh another positive in buying a video from iTunes is for those who suffer a lot from buffering problems when watching vids on YouTube (and other video sites ;) ).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    I remember when music videos were just free commercials for singles that you went and bought.

Apple are getting people to pay for them now?

Seems like the old saying is true - you may not be able to lead a horse to water and make him drink, but put something shiny on iTunes and the suckers will pony up.
    Forum Member
    Eston Bleu wrote: »
    I remember when music videos were just free commercials for singles that you went and bought.

Apple are getting people to pay for them now?

Seems like the old saying is true - you may not be able to lead a horse to water and make him drink, but put something shiny on iTunes and the suckers will pony up.

iTunes have been selling music videos for a long time now.

Of course like you say videos are essentially an advertisement for the single they support.
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »

depending on who posted the video, they do get paid if you can put up with a bit of advertising.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing with itunes videos is that they don't scale up well on a 10 inch tablet. I used to buy videos from itunes until I started having problems downloading them and Apple's customer services did nothing but waste my time. I've now discovered that its better to download them in HD quality from youtube.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apple don't make a 10" tablet ?
    What was you trying to watch them on ?