The Colour of Money

dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Have to say having watched this again on Netflix the film just gets better every time a gem of a film great perfomances all round especially from Paul Newman who got Best Actor Oscar. The film also has one of the best music soundtracks out there too. Classic.:)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my all time favourite movies, its very dated but still enjoyable.
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was gonna but the Bluray but by all accounts its awful picture quality only just better than the Dvd which is a shame.
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it. Re-watch it every couple of years (same with The Hustler). It's also the only movie I have on DVD or Blu-ray that has Tom Cruise in it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    I'd quite like a sequel to this but I doubt Hollywood would greenlight it. Non-action Cruise films have not been successful in recent years.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazb wrote: »
    I was gonna but the Bluray but by all accounts its awful picture quality only just better than the Dvd which is a shame.

I've been keeping an eye on the BluRay situation for years because of this reason. I'm hoping they re-do the transfer for some kind of anniversary release or something like that.

It's easily in my top 5 favourite films of all time and i'd love to get it on BluRay.

I'll never forget the first time I saw it at my local cinema. It was on in the main screen which was the largest - seated over 300 people. I was sitting down the front part and there was ONE other person sitting up the back so it was very, very quiet there and I got totally immersed in the film.

When it finished and I walked out into the lobby of the cinema, i actually thought for a second I was in the hotel where they were playing the pool tournament :D