Will the voice be axed if this series does poorly in the UK

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,642
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
They need a way to hold interest after the auditions but the complicated live formula didnt help and people seemed to give up on it.

How can they start with a good audience and hold them this time

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    They will do fine - mark my words, they'll get 10 million or more an episode. Series two of X Factor did better than series one and BGT is boring. BGT will need to change the Judges and format before it ends up like DoI.

If The Voice UK DOES get poor ratings, the BBC won't let it end up like Pop Idol.
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I barely heard anyone talking about the voice last year so I don't think it's built up enough hype to get people to watch this year.
    The success of BGT last year, and the excitement the new panel got will have people tuning in to that regardless of the talent so I think the Voice has an uphill struggle if it wants to win over viewers.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it would, The Voice has the chance to be successful it's just the beginning it will grow more successful as it figures out the weak points.
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gcmac wrote: »
    I barely heard anyone talking about the voice last year so I don't think it's built up enough hype to get people to watch this year.
    The success of BGT last year, and the excitement the new panel got will have people tuning in to that regardless of the talent so I think the Voice has an uphill struggle if it wants to win over viewers.

Sorry, but I don't agree with any of that. People I know were talking about The Voice last year.

As for BGT, I've no idea of who the new panel is so what is all this "excitement". There is no way I would watch a talent show regardless of the talent, just to watch the judges. I think you are assuming everyone else has the same opinion as you and the people you know.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Gossip wrote: »
    They will do fine - mark my words, they'll get 10 million or more an episode. Series two of X Factor did better than series one and BGT is boring. BGT will need to change the Judges and format before it ends up like DoI.

If The Voice UK DOES get poor ratings, the BBC won't let it end up like Pop Idol.

pop idol was a ratings success. if the voice gets poor ratings again this year, then it will probably be axed, much like `fame academy` after its second series.:D
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A certain amount of this will depend on their franchise deal with Endemol for the format - it's not impossible there will be some kind of "penalty clause" if they cancel it before X series have aired, especially as the format has been a big hit everywhere else in the world it's aired, so if the BBC can't make it work, it'll definitely be seen as their fault...

Ratings were fine last year, but suffered after the chair rounds, and the fact that none of the contestants had any chart success after the series didn't help (though I think Bo might break that duck next month). The new format fixes will hopefully maintain audience interest after the chairs, and I was pleasantly surprised by the panel, but I remain convinced that Holly & Reggie just aren't the right hosts...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    They need a way to hold interest after the auditions but the complicated live formula didnt help and people seemed to give up on it.

How can they start with a good audience and hold them this time

It is UNLIKELY that the BBC will axe the show completely as they paid £22m for the rights. The format to series 2 has been changed slightly in an attempt to increase viewing figures. The programme has only been airing since 2012 so people need to give it a chance. But the BBC aren't generally as good at handling talent shows as ITV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is year two in the 2 year contract I think?

I'll be surprised if BGT, The Voice or XF get over 10 million viewers again. The Voice has got to do better in the ratings than last year, but what could save it is if the other reality shows (inc. Strictly) under-perform. We will know if The Voice is re-commissioned by early next year.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With any luck it will get cancelled and the crap candid camera type program will come back. Or footage of animals with Z list comedians doing a voice over in an amusing fashion will replace it.
    I care more about Don't Scare the Hare not being a success.
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A certain amount of this will depend on their franchise deal with Endemol for the format - it's not impossible there will be some kind of "penalty clause" if they cancel it before X series have aired, especially as the format has been a big hit everywhere else in the world it's aired, so if the BBC can't make it work, it'll definitely be seen as their fault...

Ratings were fine last year, but suffered after the chair rounds, and the fact that none of the contestants had any chart success after the series didn't help (though I think Bo might break that duck next month). The new format fixes will hopefully maintain audience interest after the chairs, and I was pleasantly surprised by the panel, but I remain convinced that Holly & Reggie just aren't the right hosts...

probably because they are utterly wrong for the programme. Amazed they are sticking with Holly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    gcmac wrote: »

Success? The ratings for BGT were mostly flat or down on 2011. Some of the live shows went as low as 6m.

I can't remember anybody being 'excited' about a group of 'judges' on some tacky talent show.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am amazed that they are sticking with the same judges and presenters. The live shows did not flow at all last year and lacked atmosphere and personality. I would like to see Reggie doing the main host with holly interviewing the performers afterwards. They should have pursued a New judge with a bit of personality as well. The only one i would keep is Will. He really went up in my estimation when he donated his fee to charity last year. It was a pity the others didn't follow suit. While I admire Jessie for shaving her head for charity, I have a sneaky suspicion that it was also for self publicity and the Voice publicity as well. She does look better with it shaved though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,430
    Forum Member
    If they made the live shows like X Factor, I'm sure the ratings would have improved.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,430
    Forum Member
    I don't think so. 5 million viewers is still a lot for BBC. Other shows like Waterloo Road are only getting 4 million viewers but it's still had 8 series
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Holly is very wooden that was a real problem with the live shows for me
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    The Voice wont be axed, Im sure of it. The second series has been revamped and has more of the features which viewers loved about series one, the judges are more confident and the talent is supposed to be brilliant. Journalists who went to the press launch recently and saw episode 1 of series two said that it was great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    The Voice wont be axed, Im sure of it. The second series has been revamped and has more of the features which viewers loved about series one, the judges are more confident and the talent is supposed to be brilliant. Journalists who went to the press launch recently and saw episode 1 of series two said that it was great.

tbh they say that every year with all talent shows
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The journalists who went last year said the same thing. They really didn't get good quality singers last year. To be honest those talent shows mostly get acts who are good pub singers or who would make good tribute acts. Some think good singing is shouting at the top of your lungs. There have been just one or two exceptions though