Nexus 5 details leaked

cribologycribology Posts: 1,992
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Details leaked in an internal Service Manual

Looks like a decent upgrade from the Nexus 4 although I was hoping for the bigger battery and a 5.2" screen from the G2.

4.95" 1080p display (IPS TFT)
16/32GB internal storage
2GB RAM
Snapdragon 800 at 2.3GHz
8MP OIS (Image Stabilized) rear camera, 1.3MP front camera
2300mAh battery
Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Proximity/Ambient Light, Pressure
Slimport compatibility
Micro SIM slot
Notification light
Wireless charging
NFC
Bluetooth 4.0
UMTS/GSM/CDMA/LTE compatibility

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/10/05/purported-service-manual-gives-a-look-at-the-next-nexus-phone-reveals-32gb-storage-8mp-ois-camera-photos-and-more/

Comments

• fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shut up and take my money.

Only 200 mAH more battery than the N4 I guess isn't super, but I'm going to be on the 32gb version of this very quickly indeed!
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    If it wasn't for the 32GB version I'm not sure I would even think about upgrading from the 4. Maybe wait for the 6? But if they can knock out the 32GB version for the same price as the original N4 16GB one (£279?) then yet again it will make competitors look hideously overpriced.
  • cribologycribology Posts: 1,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    If it wasn't for the 32GB version I'm not sure I would even think about upgrading from the 4. Maybe wait for the 6?

I think I'll stick with my N4, although if the Image Stabilized Camera is a vastly better than the N4 camera, I might sell it for the N5.
  • biawhiskabiawhiska Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    no idea what any of that means so will stick with my 4 :D
    just wish it had come in white. hey ho.
    Forum Member
    cribology wrote: »
    I think I'll stick with my N4, although if the Image Stabilized Camera is a vastly better than the N4 camera, I might sell it for the N5.

Probably because it can no longer be bought direct from Google the N4 (used) is going for frankly daft money on ebay. I'm suspecting the market may be flooded once the N5 is actually launched and prices will tumble. All about timing. ;)
  • pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it wasn't for the 32GB version I'm not sure I would even think about upgrading from the 4.
    although if the Image Stabilized Camera is a vastly better than the N4 camera, I might sell it for the N5.
    The three things that will make a worthwhile upgrade for me will be the two things mentioned above - 32GB definitely and a better camera would be a bonus too - and a better battery life. Ostensibly the battery life won't be much different based on size alone, but if KitKat can bring some more battery optimisation and if the Snapdragon 800 is as efficient as promised, then maybe we'll be in luck.

One thing's for sure - can't wait for it to be formally announced!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was due an upgrade from an S2 a month or so ago, but baulked at the monthly prices for the S4/5s/HTC One .. so this is the perfect upgrade for me, if I had an N4 not sure I'd be as keen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    Why don't you just get an iPhone 5S, it's much better.

Only joking :D this looks very nice! Any idea on launch dates?
  • sethpetsethpet Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Still think the Note 3 is the one for me
  • pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EpsilonVaz wrote: »
    this looks very nice! Any idea on launch dates?
    A bunch of people licking their fingers to see which way the wind is blowing seem to be suggesting either 14 October or Hallowe'en time as possible announcement dates.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Nexus 4 launch was 2 weeks after the announcement fwiw, though they sold out in minutes and were out of stock for over 2 months. Hopefully Google have learned from their mistakes for the the N5 (or N4 2013 or whatever they call it).
    Forum Member
    Yes, please Google, get a big stockpile before launching this time. The Nexus 4 launch was a farce to be fair.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    LG have had the manual taken down from that page.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    A bunch of people licking their fingers to see which way the wind is blowing seem to be suggesting either 14 October or Hallowe'en time as possible announcement dates.

October 28th release date.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    How do you know?
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done if to Google if the camera does have OIS. That answers my concerns about the camera. Still why cheap out on the battery?

Can't wait to get one and get rid of the N4. However I know I will have to wait a bit as Mrs finbaar has restricted me to two phones a year.
    Forum Member
    finbaar wrote: »
    Well done if to Google if the camera does have OIS. That answers my concerns about the camera. Still why cheap out on the battery?

Can't wait to get one and get rid of the N4. However I know I will have to wait a bit as Mrs finbaar has restricted me to two phones a year.

:eek: Isn't that reasonable grounds for divorce? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is just going to sell out straight away and everyone will have a miserable Christmas as a result :(
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    klendathu wrote: »
    This is just going to sell out straight away and everyone will have a miserable Christmas as a result :(

Except the people who buy it in the first 4 seconds :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: Isn't that reasonable grounds for divorce? :D

She has her uses. I've had 12 phones in the last three years so it was getting a bit daft. And now she is not happy with my old phones but wants a new one of her own which has cut down my options.
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Stablisation doesn't automatically make it better - look at the HTC one.

Regardless, this is likely to be a cracking phone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clonmult wrote: »
    Stablisation doesn't automatically make it better - look at the HTC one.

Regardless, this is likely to be a cracking phone.

What do you mean look at the HTC One? The camera is superb low light where OIS comes into its own.
  • jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard too many conflicting rumours so will wait until an official confirmation.

Personally not too bothered about the camera as I've got a proper 'compact' camera the Sony RX100 which makes any smart phone camera look rubbish
    Forum Member
    Have to agree, I do think too much importance is put on a phone's camera quality - if you really want stunning photos then it's a separate camera you need.
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finbaar wrote: »
    What do you mean look at the HTC One? The camera is superb low light where OIS comes into its own.

Sorry, but hahahahahaha. Really? The camera isn't superb in low light. The One is a good phone, but the camera isn't - regardless of HTCs marketing - one of its strong points.