Some apps please for the Nexus 7 and 2 kids

rottweilerrottweiler Posts: 2,569
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Title says it all really, 10 year old and a 7 year old both getting Nexus 7 from Santa

Have been using my iPad for the last 18 months and would like some recommendations for some good apps, obviously many are the same from the iTunes

Comments

• November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    angry birds
  • call100call100 Posts: 7,264
    Forum Member
    Cut the Rope
  • m4tt24m4tt24 Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hill climb racing
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Swing Shot
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    m4tt24 wrote: »
    Hill climb racing

+1...
  • rottweilerrottweiler Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any good educational apps for maths and spelling, I want to get them all installed before the big day, also can I buy once and install on both as with apple ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you move to the tablet forum please mr mod
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rottweiler wrote: »
    Can you move to the tablet forum please mr mod

you can report your OP, if you want a mod to move it.
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    minecraft
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP on phones/tablets it doesn't make much difference which section this question is in, the answers will be the same, both android phones/tablets run the same apps. You will probably get more responses in here.
  • Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    spagetti marshmallows
    word hero (bit like word search but online - daughter is addicted !)
    Drisk
    Forum Member
    Any good educational apps for maths and spelling, I want to get them all installed before the big day, also can I buy once and install on both as with apple ?

If they are in your name with your account setup you can install on as many devices as you like. Remotely too.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doodle Jump, Riptide GP. If you link the tablet to your Google account you can install these apps from a PC/Mac without ever having to touch the device.
  • FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    THIS is a sobering read and might just make you think again?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Faust wrote: »

Do your kids not watch TV or read a book either? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You've posted an article that just mentions the amount of on screen time children have and doesn't mention the implications or as the article states 'diseases' children will contract from such long periods infront of a screen. I'm guessing all the actual facts and figures are in the full article but i doubt many are going to pay £24 for the article.

Since you have linked to it though, i'm guessing you have full access so could possibly explain a little more indepth what is contained in the article? unless you've just pulled the first article you could find on childrens time infront of screens and not actually read what you have posted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Please it's Christmas time, get a bloody life, either offer some suggestions on what I asked or kindly p1ss off !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    minecraft

Can this be played with 2 or more players as on the iPad they can all link up wirelessly ?
  • Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member

When I was young i spent hours on a handheld space invaders, individual nintendo games and watched VHS galore. I also watched Childrens BBC - Grange Hill, Blue Peter, The Adventure Game .....

None of this is new.

My lad loves his PS3 but .....

he plays rugby for his school.
    he plays junior football for a local team.
    he and his mates have entered a 5-a-side team into a local league.
    he helps coach an under 6's football squad.

My daughter watched TV but....

She is part of a local cheerleading squad that trains several times a week
    She does gymnastics

Its not just screen-time its what else they do around it .....
    Forum Member
    Can this be played with 2 or more players as on the iPad they can all link up wirelessly ?

yep.

i don't know if minecraft is ideal for a 7 year old. but i guess i don't know any 7 yearolds.

what i'm not sure about is if you have both tablets on the same account if they would both be able to play online against each other from the same account. they may well be. i don't know.
  • SchadenfreudSchadenfreud Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please it's Christmas time, get a bloody life, either offer some suggestions on what I asked or kindly p1ss off !

Where's the 'like' button when you need it? :)
    Forum Member
    m4tt24 wrote: »
    You've posted an article that just mentions the amount of on screen time children have and doesn't mention the implications or as the article states 'diseases' children will contract from such long periods infront of a screen. I'm guessing all the actual facts and figures are in the full article but i doubt many are going to pay £24 for the article.

Since you have linked to it though, i'm guessing you have full access so could possibly explain a little more indepth what is contained in the article? unless you've just pulled the first article you could find on childrens time infront of screens and not actually read what you have posted.

Unfortunately I can't, I read about it in computeractive and found the article via Google. I have found other snippets from other sources such as WHO. Appears we are storing up yet more health issues for the kids of today.
    Forum Member
    Stuart_h wrote: »
    When I was young i spent hours on a handheld space invaders, individual nintendo games and watched VHS galore. I also watched Childrens BBC - Grange Hill, Blue Peter, The Adventure Game .....

None of this is new.

My lad loves his PS3 but .....

he plays rugby for his school.
    he plays junior football for a local team.
    he and his mates have entered a 5-a-side team into a local league.
    he helps coach an under 6's football squad.

My daughter watched TV but....

She is part of a local cheerleading squad that trains several times a week
    She does gymnastics

Its not just screen-time its what else they do around it .....

It's all about balance. However, how many do nothing, how many parents use said devices as a pacifier or babysitter?
    Forum Member

Hey mister don't shoot the messenger, wind the old neck in eh? Have I touched a nerve?
    Forum Member
    Do your kids not watch TV or read a book either? :rolleyes:

My kids are all grown long ago and we didn't get telly when I was a lad until I was about to start senior school, two channels monochrome. :D

Report states reading is very good for you as it lowers blood pressure.