Forum Member
    Lovely ending. Third series?
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Excellent!!!
  • harrypalmerharrypalmer Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could almost feel Camille's disappointment. Better be a third series.
  • Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit more action would have been better to keep us going!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @All

In case you missed it earlier in the thread there WILL be a third series.

Loved how they lost his luggage :-)

Its going to feel like a long time before the next episode mind.

Worth every penny of my license fee - Cheers BBC!
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    esp loved the "Skippy" scene!

K
    Forum Member
    Wench02 wrote: »
    Bit more action would have been better to keep us going!

Ahh enough looks for promise of future "tension"!!!
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    margoh wrote: »
    Lovely ending. Third series?

It was.

I shall really miss my bit of mid-winter escapism.

I've grown really fond of the four central characters.

I like the way Dwayne said "Welcome home".
    Forum Member
    The scene with the postal results was brilliant!!!
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tonight's episode was brilliant - so funny and warm. Fantastic ending! Loved the lizard bits. :)

I will miss this lovely programme. I hope we don't have to wait too long until the next series!

This thread has also been hilarious today. Thanks all for giving me a laugh. :)
    Forum Member
    So we need a list of the "pitchforks" who want to head to Guadalupe ...
  • sussex_seagirlsussex_seagirl Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it! An excellent way to finish the series. I wasn't disappointed about the lack of action on the romantic front. I still think that if anything happens between Richard & Camille it will be in the last ever episode. I could be wrong, though.

I liked the whole team aspect tonight. Especially the mystery of how the post office got broken into..:D I thought that Richard might arrive in the middle of Camille's toast and thus hear it.:)

It's going to be a very long ten months isn't it?
    Forum Member
    Loved it! An excellent way to finish the series. I wasn't disappointed about the lack of action on the romantic front. I still think that if anything happens between Richard & Camille it will be in the last ever episode. I could be wrong, though.

I liked the whole team aspect tonight. Especially the mystery of how the post office got broken into..:D I thought that Richard might arrive in the middle of Camille's toast and thus hear it.:)

It's going to be a very long ten months isn't it?

Bib - I totally expected him to walk in then too, or wondered if Camille would say anything more deep and him walk in at that time!
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    Loved it, perfect finale.

Was it me or did Harry the lizard stick his tongue out during the "Skippy" scene?
    The actual murder plot was done very well, I thought the wife would be involved but for a change it seems she actually loved him, sad.:cry:
    Loved the post office bit, so glad Fidel got his stripes, I was as nervous as he was!
    Camille in the bar,ahhh, I was so pleased he came back, moaning about the weather and his luggage, and the little kiss before he went,sweet.:D
    Can't wait for next series.

Oh and put me for a pitchfork :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,062
    Forum Member
    This series, and its characters have grown on me so much, it's like saying goodbye to friends. Great episode and great ending. So sad it's over for now though:cry:
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed this episode. Some lovely scenes with the team - Richard and Camille arguing about English Channel/La Manche, Dwayne and Fidel and their man-hug and the robbery at the post office.

I did think Lucy Davis seemed to have aged very badly since I last saw her. I've always liked her, since Belfry Witches days.
  • nic6nic6 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The end of a wonderful series.
    All 8 episodes fit just snuggly on a 25GB blu ray disc in HD.

This series is released on BBC DVD on 4th March 2013 if you didn't record it and need your Tuesday fix.
    Series 1 is also available.

Shame on the BBC for not releasing both series on blu ray as they were shot in HD.

Tuesday's won't be the same. :cry:
  • tvfannytvfanny Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FYI Ben and Danny are on Pointless Celebrities for Comic Relief on Saturday. The banter between Ben, Alexander and Richard should be good.
    Also Gary Carr is in a new sitcom on BBC3 on Tuesday about bomb disposal personnel in Afghanistan!?! I think he's delish.
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    Hurray. Lizard is back. And nearly a talking part.
    tvfanny wrote: »
    FYI Ben and Danny are on Pointless Celebrities for Comic Relief on Saturday. The banter between Ben, Alexander and Richard should be good.
    Also Gary Carr is in a new sitcom on BBC3 on Tuesday about bomb disposal personnel in Afghanistan!?! I think he's delish.

Should be a good laugh, wonder if that story is true that at Alexander's stag do he got Ben icing cupcakes?!
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tuesdays will be a wasteland!

I love all these characters and their interaction. I'll miss them hugely.

Come to think of it, the lizard DOES look a bit like Prince Harry. Nobody tell David Icke...
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and the Skippy bit had me rolling around!
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a silly big grin on my face and that doesn't happen often watching tv these days!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if there will ever be an episode where Richard and Camille have to travel to London to solve a case. It would be interesting to see her rather than him as the fish out of water.

I'm relieved to see I'm not the only one who thought Lucy Davis wasn't looking well
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really love all the characters in this, including the lizard! Shall miss my Tuesday night chill out with Death in Paradise. Loved Fidel and Dwayne's man hug, so glad Fidel got his stripes and very glad to see Richard back. Can't wait for the next series.