Why is olly leaving xtra factor?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 498
Forum Member
This is a fix I'm not watching xtra factor ever again he better not leave. He has no reason to leave

Comments

• Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I gather he is trying to "crack" America! Fat chance!

I never watch it.
  • rated_2000rated_2000 Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's a fool is he does leave cause him being on xtra f has kept his face on tv and no doubt helped maintain his record sales
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he`ll prob be promoting his album for most of the year
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    As far as I gather he is trying to "crack" America! Fat chance!

I never watch it.

no harm in trying though is they. even if it doesn`t go well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    Olly is not American. And shut up all of you olly has done far better than anyone else?

Hope olly doesn't move to America
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Olly's doing well in America with his single at 13 in the charts atm so he is doing well breaking America and big whoop leaving xtra factor. He's still going to do pretty well with or without it
  • I've Got ClassI've Got Class Posts: 12,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is it a fix, may I ask?
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is it a fix, may I ask?

Bookies fixed it IMO
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing get in the way of Olly's career. Look how he treated his own brother.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't call it, I thought 1D would split without even recording an album and look where they are now. He'll probably be back on Xtra if it doesn't go well so it's a win win for him really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    I agree with some of the posters on here, why the nastiness? Even if you don't like him and can't stand his music there's no need to be nasty and call him names. I'm a fan, and I wish him all the luck in the world with whatever he's doing. Some people just love to be nasty to people they don't even know personally. :(
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fairy9178 wrote: »
    I agree with some of the posters on here, why the nastiness? Even if you don't like him and can't stand his music there's no need to be nasty and call him names. I'm a fan, and I wish him all the luck in the world with whatever he's doing. Some people just love to be nasty to people they don't even know personally. :(

it is sad, even sadder considering some of the nastiness is born out of misplaced loyalty to a supposed `rival` these people apparently support.:yawn: oh well, olly cracks the us billboard top 30 this week, so much for him having a `fat chance` of cracking the states.:sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Olly, I think he is a genuine guy. I don't see any arrogance at all. Quite the reverse.

Some people are nasty and say personal stuff because they can. Anonymity behind a keyboard is something very easy to do and it's not clever

Some people still see Olly as a rival to Joe McElderry, even though Joe has taken a very different path to his own type of success. I like both by the way, but Olly is clearly the bigger pop star - it's just the way it is. Joe is doing fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    I like Olly, I think he is a genuine guy. I don't see any arrogance at all. Quite the reverse.

Some people are nasty and say personal stuff because they can. Anonymity behind a keyboard is something very easy to do and it's not clever

Some people still see Olly as a rival to Joe McElderry, even though Joe has taken a very different path to his own type of success. I like both by the way, but Olly is clearly the bigger pop star - it's just the way it is. Joe is doing fine.

this is what i find hard to understand.:confused: the competition ended years ago, move on already.:rolleyes: i tried to avoid personal stuff in my earlier post and did my best not to get too nasty. realistically, i cant honesty say i have been a joe supporter by any stretch of the imagination. however, i can go weeks without even mentioning him on here, because frankly, i have more positive things to write about.

its a pity that some people feel compelled to moan about olly on such a regular basis, but i guess that is their prerogative and perhaps they don't have many positive things to discuss for whatever reason.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he is on tour till 25 aug with robbie and probably more dates added and he wants to crack america, give the guy a break he never stops
  • billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »

gpk wrote: »
    this is what i find hard to understand.:confused: the competition ended years ago, move on already.:rolleyes: i tried to avoid personal stuff in my earlier post and did my best not to get too nasty. realistically, i cant honesty say i have been a joe supporter by any stretch of the imagination. however, i can go weeks without even mentioning him on here, because frankly, i have more positive things to write about.

its a pity that some people feel compelled to moan about olly on such a regular basis, but i guess that is their prerogative and perhaps they don't have many positive things to discuss for whatever reason.

I think you guys are being a bit unfair.

There is only one person who has said negative things about Olly that I would recognise as a Joe McElderry fan. Most of us have left the competition behind long ago and Olly has no more relevance to me than, say Justin Bieber, has. I don't feel the need to write anything good or bad about him. I simply don't care (but I don't begrudge him his success, either).

To say that everyone who says negative things about Olly is a Joe fan is incorrect, I am sure there are plenty of people who dislike him whatever reason (sometimes very spurious reasons), same as every other contestant that appeared on the show.

I would always prefer to be positive in my support for someone than be negative about other people who are trying to find their way in an often harsh industry,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you guys are being a bit unfair.

To say that everyone who says negative things about Olly is a Joe fan is incorrect, I am sure there are plenty of people who dislike him whatever reason (sometimes very spurious reasons), same as every other contestant that appeared on the show

I did say "some people" and not "everyone" quite clearly in my post. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Well I wish him well, Joe fan who didn't like that Olly was treated better, but doesn't have a problem with Olly himself. What's he supposed to do, say oh no I can't possibly take that opportunity, I didn't win? Cut throat business doesn't have room for people that don't grab opportunities with both hands.

Good luck to him in US.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite liked Olly until he did that dreadful dance in the X-F final!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To say that everyone who says negative things about Olly is a Joe fan is incorrect,

i would be, if i actually wrote words to that effect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could it be Olly is tired of being groped by Caroline Flack:):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I just ask why Joe McElderry has been brought into this? I love him to bits but he has nothing to do with why Olly is leaving Xtra Factor.
  • MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did my comment get deleted@?

I only stated that it was wrong what that man said bout him being fat?
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Jordan1999 wrote: »
    This is a fix

I know, how dare someone move on from a job! It's all rigged! Alert the media!

(piece of advice - look up the word 'fix' in a dictionary. ;))
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a good thing that he disappears for a while and gives us all a rest from seeing his face.