Top kiddie's TV programmes (Under Fives)

tanstaafltanstaafl Posts: 22,196
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As yet again, I seem to be being subjected to CBeebies and Nick Jr at least once a week I thought I'd mention my favourites. OK, it's mainly Nick Jr at the moment, but these things can change at the drop of a hat.

Number one, by a long chalk, must be The Backyardigans - cool, sophisticated, songs you can sing along to; what more could you wish for.

Next, Lazy Town. Again, sophisticated plotting and characters you can relate to - OK, not Robby Rotten, obviously.

If you want something more relaxing, you have the Flower Tots.

And if you wish to give the old brain cells a work out, then there's Blue's Clues.

Angelina Ballerina? Pity she wouldn't disappear up her own tutu!

Dora the Explorer - I'm still waiting for her to say, "Hasta la Vista, baby!"

Comments

• PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a four year old niece and a five year old nephew and so found myself watching quite a lot of Blue's Clues when I was back home earlier this year. They're bloody easy though those clues and I was beating the kids to them all the time. :D
  • ImaPlumImaPlum Posts: 6,072
    Forum Member
    I quite like Charlie and Lola on Cbeebies.

Oh and my daughter watches it too :D
    Forum Member
    Little Robots on CBeebies thats another one I quite enjoy...
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dora the Explorer is pretty cool too. :o
    Forum Member
    I quite like Andy Pandy too - but thats mainly cos I like Tom Conti's voice :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ImaPlum wrote:
    I quite like Andy Pandy too - but thats mainly cos I like Tom Conti's voice :o

I saw that last week. They kept going on about a puppet in someones pipes. weird stuff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH i hate the sodding backyardigans!!!!! but my 2 year old was singing it this afternoon!!!!!

faves right now with my 2 year old
    Scooby Doo she asbolulty goes mad on it!!!
    Boo
    Big Cook Little Cook
    Lazy Town _ really didnt know what to think of this in the begining but all 3 of my kids love it!!
    Dora of course!!

now MY hate list:
    -Backyardigans!! ow they hurt my ears with thier screeching that supposed to be singing!!!!
    -Angelina Bloody Ballarina! oh my god can she whine!!! for the love of god stop thinking about yourself for once you selfish whiny little biatch!
    -eye spy, not on right now but oh that did my head in!!
  • Arwen1972Arwen1972 Posts: 7,752
    Forum Member
    Having a 5yr old I am now accustomed to kiddies tv and I have to say, I enjoy some of them more than I do grownup tv.

For me it has to be........

SpongeBob Squarepants - I even watch this when my little one isn't around :o
    Jimmy Neutron
    Kipper
    Lazytown
    Backyardigans
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my little one likes doodle-doo at the moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me and my 2 year old daughter are huge fans of Big Cook Little Cook :D
    She also likes Tweenies and Balamory, both of which I can't stand :rolleyes:
    Boogie Beebies is good too, she likes to dance along to that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Balamory-everyones guilty pleasure hehehe ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Backyardigans is good.

Have to say, we've been taping Rainbow for my 4 year old and he LOVES it. On rewatching it have to say it was really excellent. Not too long, each episode with a moral or theme, nice story included and a catchy song. Nothing flashy about it but good solid wee kids entertainment. Save for the clothes they wear its not really dated insofar as anything else goes.
  • stormin normstormin norm Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Me and my 2 year old daughter are huge fans of Big Cook Little Cook :D
    She also likes Tweenies and Balamory, both of which I can't stand :rolleyes:
    Boogie Beebies is good too, she likes to dance along to that.

Ooh yeah we love Big Cook Little Cook too, class!! and boogie beebies is good, even my 8 year old dances to that :D
    My son also loves the old favourite - teletubbies which I don't mind except when they say things like 'today is Lalas day to be very naughty' I mean what sort of example is that? :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 31 but I love Pocoyo :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 4 year old loves something special. I think it's great too. Plus Charlie and Lola. Even my 16 year old has been caught watching it on more than one occassion. The 13 month old loved Teletubbies, well the baby on it anyway.
  • GarryMcGarryMc Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pocoyo is good. :o Should I be saying that at 15 years old? And Scooby Doo. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    I am 19 and love Pocoyo too. It seems that a lot of adults like Pocoyo because I have seen masages on blogs.
  • Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OOOOOOOOH WHO lives on a pineapple under the sea.... :D
  • ludovicaludovica Posts: 25,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    POCOYO is the best programme for little kids since Eric Thompson did "Magic Roundabout"
    Forum Member
    Never seen Pocoyo - I feel as if I'm missing out AND I now have a deprived child. :o
  • pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ImaPlum wrote:
    Never seen Pocoyo - I feel as if I'm missing out AND I now have a deprived child. :o
    I feel as if I'm missing out and I DON'T have a child, which might be worse :D:o

And does nobody else find Big Cook Little Cook a bit freaky? I think it's the flying around on phallic wooden spoons that does it...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    The more I watch ( :o :eek: ) Balamory…the more I actually believe how filthy it appears to be. The double entendres are really obvious sometimes, but then it seems that British Children’s Television programmes are littered with “suspicious Jokes”!!

Some of my old favourites include: Brum, Postman Pat and Alphabet Castle.
  • MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    My 14 year old son likes to watch The Hoobs and gets up at 6am just so he can see them before going to school. :D

I watched a children's tv programme last week, I have no idea what it is called, what channel it was on, but it had me joining in. The presenter was chatting away and showing you the different words in sign language. Anyone know what this show was? I wouldn't mind seeing it again.
  • stormin normstormin norm Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Mirage wrote:
    My 14 year old son likes to watch The Hoobs and gets up at 6am just so he can see them before going to school. :D

I watched a children's tv programme last week, I have no idea what it is called, what channel it was on, but it had me joining in. The presenter was chatting away and showing you the different words in sign language. Anyone know what this show was? I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

That could be 'Something special' on Cbeebies? With Mr Tumble.....? :D