Gabriella Cilmi!

JordashhJordashh Posts: 10
Forum Member
Where is she nw!? Does anyone think she will be big again) I personally loved both her albums! And would love to see her make a comeback!

Comments

• crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She had a new song very recently, a promotional single "Sweeter Than History", youtube it, it's nice! :D
  • Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her new material is terrible.
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw her as a support act for Leona Lewis on the Labyrinth tour and wasn't impressed. I'm not surprised she's never really made a name for herself, to be frank. There was just nothing interesting about her.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Sweet About Me was such a massive hit, I don't think she'll get one like that again, but it's a great song!
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woman On A Mission was terrible and despite being full of Illuminati imagery, it apparently failed to do well.

I liked a couple of her songs but she strikes me as being too bland to be memorable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the main problem with her is that anybody could sing her songs. She just lacks anything that stands out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweet About Me was a great song and a massive hit in most countries. It's still played on radio, is ridiculously catchy and is very different.

What went wrong for poor Gabriella though was the poor Follow up singles. Save The Lies & I Don't Want To Go To Bed Now were released as the follow up's in selected countries and made little impact because truth be told, they just did not compare to Sweet About Me. Her cover of Warm This Winter always makes an appearance in the iTunes top 100 since it's release, during the festive periods, so at least she isn't a 'one hit wonder'.

Saying that, Sweet About Me will easily keep her in good money for the rest of her life though when you consider that she actually co-wrote and co-produced the track.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's very talented, I think her second album was marvellous and her first was fantastic, can't wait for new material!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    I saw her as a support act for Leona Lewis on the Labyrinth tour and wasn't impressed. I'm not surprised she's never really made a name for herself, to be frank. There was just nothing interesting about her.

I also saw her on that tour and completely disagree. She's a superb singer with quite a unique voice. I got into her second album after seeing her and think it's a very good album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also saw her on that tour and completely disagree. She's a superb singer with quite a unique voice. I got into her second album after seeing her and think it's a very good album.

Some of the songs are catchy, like Hearts Don't Lie, but maybe she was having an "off" night when I saw her or just didn't do it for me for whatever reason. I wish her well, don't get me wrong, but I don't think she'll ever be a household name.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the songs are catchy, like Hearts Don't Lie, but maybe she was having an "off" night when I saw her or just didn't do it for me for whatever reason. I wish her well, don't get me wrong, but I don't think she'll ever be a household name.

This is easily my fave Gabriella song, although On a Mission was also quite catchy. Sweet About Me was clever as part of the chorus reminded me of someone who let me down badly, but I was impressed to find out Gabriella wrote it when she was just 15.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw her live supporting Leona and she is fantastic live. I liked her debut but the follow up just sounded badly produced

Would like to see her make a comeback with a third album.
  • radioguy19radioguy19 Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    She is back with new single Ruins. Check it out on streaming services and a video on YouTube - I love it.

Gab will also be performing at St Pancras Church for an intimate gig Nov 7 - tickets on sale now.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she did a TOTP at the time of Sweet About Me.

I'm surprised the producers didn't ask her to do a version of Warm This Winter to insert into TOTP 2 Xmas Specials as well!
  • Kirsty_Jones90Kirsty_Jones90 Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heard Sweet about me today.

The first album I had for a while but there was a lot of filler IMHO, somewhere in a box now in the attic, the singles stood out above the rest, always thought Save the lies was far more catchy than f.i. Sanctuary
  • radioguy19radioguy19 Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    heard Sweet about me today.

The first album I had for a while but there was a lot of filler IMHO, somewhere in a box now in the attic, the singles stood out above the rest, always thought Save the lies was far more catchy than f.i. Sanctuary

Her new singles ‘Ruins’ and just released this week ‘The Water’ are superb. She was also on BBC Radio 2 Sunday gone on The Michael Ball Show and she performed ‘Sweet About Me’, ‘The Water’ and a cover of ‘You’ve Got A Friend In Me’.

Such a brilliant, unique voice.