Internet Explorer 10 now available for Windows 7

John259John259 Posts: 28,325
Forum Member
✭✭✭
IE10 for Windows 7 is available for download now, or IE9 will be auto-updated to IE10 over the next few weeks.
http://winsupersite.com/windows-7/now-available-internet-explorer-10-windows-7

Comments

• Magic CottageMagic Cottage Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not for me thanks. Too long a Firefox user.
  • barky99barky99 Posts: 3,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who cares, I'll never use it directly ... would have to use chunks of it to access internet once updated but that's it!

don't care if its supposedly a few milliseconds faster at something, I want functionality first -- yes i'd rather something worked & work well rather than be super fast at doing some tasks
  • The RatThe Rat Posts: 6,048
    Forum Member
    Interesting that those that don't care, do care enough to tell us they don't care. The world is a funny place.

Dave
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I posted this mainly as a warning in case it gives rise to problems.
    Forum Member
    It is an optional update, unless you have the PR installed, becoming "Important" later: http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/02/internet-explorer-10-finally-released-for-windows-7/

Dave
  • WeetibixWeetibix Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not used IE for years........been using Firefox but I've recently switched to Chrome
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    installed it ... nothing seems to have changed ... :confused:

may be faster like chrome also claims it is (but isn't in my experience) all a bit subjective perhaps -- updates core bits of windows I assume in ie10 so I added it
    Forum Member
    barky99 wrote: »
    installed it ... nothing seems to have changed ... :confused:

Its mostly under the hood: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2013/02/26/ie10-for-windows-7-globally-available-for-consumers-and-businesses.aspx

Plus you now get a spell-checker!

Dave
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm ... says it's a pre-release version -- proper new version must be coming California (or wherever) time!
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had a quick go, and it certainly seems faster at rendering pages. This is something IE has always lagged behind with so it's good to see an improvement. I don't think there's anything that will tempt me away from Chrome though.

Some pages (including these forums) still look quite different in IE compared to Chrome and Firefox.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use IE but it is a pain.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    IE isn't a browser, it's what you use to get a browser.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Rat wrote: »
    Interesting that those that don't care, do care enough to tell us they don't care. The world is a funny place.

Dave

yep and just to say, I don't care either, but then my computer already had IE10 when i installed windows 8. got rid of it now, well as best as you can get rid of IE.

I will stick with a chrome clone thank you very much.
  • NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Rat wrote: »

Dave

That's cyberspace for you. People like to post to proactively slag things off for the sake of it.
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've not had any problems with the desktop mode of IE10 on Windows 8. It seems quite a bit faster/smoother then IE 9.
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's great news as I love IE and refuse to use anything else. (Well I've tried them all and came back to the greatest one there is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH, i have never used IE10, but I did try IE9 and thought it was awful, so not bothered with 10

I have not used IE as my main browser since windows 95 days,
  • scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Downloading Internet Explorer 10 now, and although I'm now a Chrome user above all else, I do like to keep an up-to-date IE on my machines.

:) Mark
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got a few, Chrome, Torch, IE, FF, use different ones for different opening 'favourite' pages sort of thing. Not much to choose between any of them really these days other than the Torch built in download manager to be honest. Lots of BS talked about them though.
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got and installed!

And yes! it is faster!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great, now I can access the British Gas top up website a few milliseconds quicker (they don't support Chrome or Firefox).
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another FF user by default.

IE has got quite a decent Javascript debugger actually which I've been using recently.

I tried Chrome but didn't like it, don't know why. I think it reminds me of the rather unsophisticated Android browser, its kind of flat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member

At least it's moved on. Unlike safari.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got and installed!

And yes! it is faster!

mmm, some people just think it is faster, but most of the time it is not and if it is the difference is milliseconds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bowland37 wrote: »
    Great, now I can access the British Gas top up website a few milliseconds quicker (they don't support Chrome or Firefox).

A bit stupid if they only support IE since people may have a Apple Mac or one of the tablets. i thought this only supporting IE had gone out years ago, shows how behind some companies still are.