iPad shipping with iOS7

jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
Forum Member
I've just treat myself to a shiny new iPad Mini :), I've ordered from my sister's 'catalogue' (online versions now!). Will they have it a while and so will it have iOS6 on or will it automatically have iOS7 on. I'm not too sure how these things work. :o

Comments

• Mr. CoolMr. Cool Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends on whether or not it was manufactured before or after a certain date. I'd say at the moment all inventory will have iOS 6 installed. Doesn't really matter though. Just update it as soon as it's out of the box.
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    Mr. Cool wrote: »
    It depends on whether or not it was manufactured before or after a certain date. I'd say at the moment all inventory will have iOS 6 installed. Doesn't really matter though. Just update it as soon as it's out of the box.

Ok thanks for your reply :)
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is likely to be a new model in a couple of weeks time.
    Forum Member
    I'm not bothered about that, wanted it for going away in a couple of weeks.
    Forum Member
    Mr. Cool wrote: »

Do you think it is worth waiting until there is an update to iOS7 before updated the iPad, just reading a lot of hicupps with it??
  • Mr. CoolMr. Cool Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jarryhack wrote: »
    Do you think it is worth waiting until there is an update to iOS7 before updated the iPad, just reading a lot of hicupps with it??

The problems were more related to Apple's servers (due to a high volume of traffic).

Or you could opt for an Android tablet :)
    Forum Member
    No I have tried both out and want the iPad, I have an Android phone which I love though :) Thanks I will just update it when I get it then.
  • paulj48paulj48 Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is likely to be a new model in a couple of weeks time.

will probably be more like 2 months until they become available to buy.
  • pumazoomapumazooma Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulj48 wrote: »
    will probably be more like 2 months until they become available to buy.

The current heavily backed best guestimate is the 15th Oct for an announcement which, going by normal Apple delivery times, would mean you can order on the 18th with delivery around 7-10 days later.
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    jarryhack wrote: »
    I've just treat myself to a shiny new iPad Mini :), I've ordered from my sister's 'catalogue' (online versions now!). Will they have it a while and so will it have iOS6 on or will it automatically have iOS7 on. I'm not too sure how these things work. :o

You might want to think about updating it to iOS7, the iPad mini is basiclly an iPad2 and some people are reporting performance issues with iOS7.

You won't get all the bells and whistles either. I'm leaving my iPad 2 on iOS6 which wors just fine.
    Forum Member
    You might want to think about updating it to iOS7, the iPad mini is basiclly an iPad2 and some people are reporting performance issues with iOS7.

You won't get all the bells and whistles either. I'm leaving my iPad 2 on iOS6 which wors just fine.

I didn't try the io6, I updated it straight out go the box, as I have no frame of reference I haven't had any issues (yet!). Loving the Mini. :)
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You get everything except the filters.