Kindle Fire HD Down in Price

burton07burton07 Posts: 10,869
Forum Member
✭✭
Amazon have dropped the price of their Kindle Fire HD tablet to £119.00! Funnily enough that is the same price as the Tesco Hudl. Nothing like a bit of healthy competition eh?

Comments

• Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,328
    Forum Member
    burton07 wrote: »
    Amazon have dropped the price of their Kindle Fire HD tablet to £119.00! Funnily enough that is the same price as the Tesco Hudl. Nothing like a bit of healthy competition eh?

Or it could be because there's a new larger Kindle out? :D
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We don't know when the HDX will come out here. The specs look impressive even though it's locked into their own OS.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/tablets/3470573/amazon-kindle-fire-hdx-release-date-price-specs/
    2.2 GHz processor, 339 ppi display, new 34% lighter design, Fire OS 3.0, and new exclusive features like the Mayday button, X-Ray for Music, Second Screen, and Prime Instant Video downloads.

The Amazon Kindle Fire HDX tablets both have a front-facing HD camera for video calling. The high-end 8.9in device has an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera, too.

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The prices for HDX aren't that cheap.

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/10/amazons-kindle-fire-hdx-and-hd-tablets-slapped-with-mammoth-uk-prices/

The most expensive one is the 4G 8.9 inch screen at £399

It's locked into Amazon so it was a no go for me anyway.
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know when it's available?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to that article the 13th of November. However they're wrong about the price. On Amazon the most expensive one is £489!
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    up on the home page of amazon now with some marketing spiel

www.amazon.co.uk

Mayday looks interesting, though I think there's not a huge gap between "i really need help with my tablet" and "I really need help with my tablet but getting help through an app window is also really complicated for me, can't I just ring them up?"
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The price for the 8.9" model seems ridiculous considering its tech seems the same as the 7".
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,464
    Forum Member
    paulbrock wrote: »
    up on the home page of amazon now with some marketing spiel

www.amazon.co.uk

Mayday looks interesting, though I think there's not a huge gap between "i really need help with my tablet" and "I really need help with my tablet but getting help through an app window is also really complicated for me, can't I just ring them up?"

I wonder how much it can be abused. Like calling them up for nothing, and whether they can then cut you off for abuse of services.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Mayday! Mayday! I'm stuck on level 65 of Candy Crush Saga" :D