HDR-1000S HDMI issue

Hi all,
I've just replaced my old Humax HDR with the new 'Freetime' model and I'm experiencing a strange (and annoying) problem. I use a Harmony remote that turns on my Sony TV, Yamaha receiver and Humax which is all well and good (or was) but since swapping my old box for the new one sometimes at start up the TV/receiver isn't detecting the audio for the Humax and so the TV turns it's own speakers on rather than running the sound through the receiver due to a 'communication error'. I then have to go into the TV menu and tell it to use the audio system instead, which is both annoying and not very 'wife friendly' :mad:. This doesn't happen with the old box (previously or if I plug it back in now), so I'm wondering what difference there likely is between the two boxes that would cause this, and what I can do about it?:confused:
Any suggestions gratefully received.

Comments

• skinjskinj Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Mike, might be same issue we have with a Panasonic & the VieraLink system being knocked out completely as soon as the new box is connected. The Humax boxes do not use CEC (the generic name for VieraLink/BraviaLink etc) and seem to cause issues with setups that do.

If anyone would like to make a suggestion how to get around this issue we would be very happy!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Hi,

I also have this issue, and notice that if I turn the Humax box on first, then my surround sound, I receive an error saying audio system communication failure. If I turn on the TV, surround sound and then humax, the connection works.

If I remove the HDMI cable from the humax box to the TV, the Sony surround works again.

Any advise would be most welcome.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the replies, glad I'm not the only one with this problem (unfortunately for you both), but I've had no responses from other forums or from Humax tech support either, so it might be some time before a solution is found. :mad:
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stewpotg wrote: »
    Hi,

I also have this issue, and notice that if I turn the Humax box on first, then my surround sound, I receive an error saying audio system communication failure. If I turn on the TV, surround sound and then humax, the connection works.

If I remove the HDMI cable from the humax box to the TV, the Sony surround works again.

Any advise would be most welcome.

Your TV missed the signal the PVR sent it because it was off?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    Your TV missed the signal the PVR sent it because it was off?

No, everything is on but the TV/receiver doesn't seem to detect it (not every time, anyway) with this box but does with the old HDR annoyingly. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    hi guys.

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if there was a "fix" for this issue?

I have just bought this box and it has totally screwed up my "anynet+" functions on my Samsung Tv which in turn is connected to my Samsung soundbar.
    I have a PS3 connected aswel as my phone via "allshare" but as soon as i plugged in the HDMI cable from my new Humax.........Bang!! Tv doesnt recognise soundbar so no sound. Doesnt see the PS3 anymore and I get constant error messages on the screen regarding anynet+ link broken.

Have tried to "refresh" the HDMI inputs and it very briefly see the Humax but then doesnt display it as a useable device.

I cannot believe this "next generation" piece of hardware does not support HDMI CEC!!!

If I simply unplug the HDMI cable from the tv that feeds the Humax then all of a sudden, everything works again just as it supposed to!

Ridiculous!! :mad:

Mike.