Defiance - US Pace (Spoilers Tagged)

13»

Comments

• brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GMC wrote: »
    Revolution is infinitely better than Defiance. Revolution may be stupid at times but at least it is interesting.
    I watch both shows, but prefer Defiance. For me it is the more interesting one. I'm expecting Amanda to lose her election, and I am interested in what she does next. Also in how Datak deals with being Mayor. How his son will deal with pleasing both his father and his father-in-law. What Stahma will do about Kenya; does Datak really know about the two of them? It's seems that Irisa's visions are due to technology rather than mysticism and I want to see where that leads. I also want to see what Doc Yewll does with the device - she is keeping secret an evil (that is, anti-human) past, but I'm not sure she's evil now.

Where-as Revolution is mildly entertaining but I don't much care about most of it. (I'm at UK pace on both of these, by the way. Perhaps it gets better later.)
  • MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    I watch both shows, but prefer Defiance. For me it is the more interesting one. I'm expecting Amanda to lose her election, and I am interested in what she does next. Also in how Datak deals with being Mayor. How his son will deal with pleasing both his father and his father-in-law. What Stahma will do about Kenya; does Datak really know about the two of them? It's seems that Irisa's visions are due to technology rather than mysticism and I want to see where that leads. I also want to see what Doc Yewll does with the device - she is keeping secret an evil (that is, anti-human) past, but I'm not sure she's evil now.

Where-as Revolution is mildly entertaining but I don't much care about most of it. (I'm at UK pace on both of these, by the way. Perhaps it gets better later.)

Only one episode left so I think we are going to be waiting a good while for most the answers, well maybe not as there is clues in the mmo/game to a lot of the questions you mention... there not spoilers but more like nuggets of info... clues for people that enjoy both the game & tv series. Either way I won't mention them incase they could be classed as spoilers.

I know they have mentioned they have commissioned a new season which I am really happy about.. but until the actors start filming or mention they are returning (twitter etc) I am still a bit nervous that we may end up with a lot of unanswered questions if the funders/backers start to get cold feet over viewing figures. Apparently it gained 250k viewers this week in the states so things are looking a bit better at just the right time.
  • McrRedMcrRed Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    Yeah. There aren't many shows that I don't fast-forward the opening titles for... this is one, along with DaVinci's Demons (also McCreary).

Mccreary used the same theme for both shows? ... I thought i recognised it when i saw Davinci .
    Davinci was the opposite to this in that i started off disliking it and am really enjoying it now with more story arcs, moral dilemmas and politicking than defiance. Shame because defiance could have had it all.like most on here, ill finish the season but fear for Defiance's future...
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    McrRed wrote: »
    Mccreary used the same theme for both shows? ... I thought i recognised it when i saw Davinci .
    Davinci was the opposite to this in that i started off disliking it and am really enjoying it now with more story arcs, moral dilemmas and politicking than defiance. Shame because defiance could have had it all.like most on here, ill finish the season but fear for Defiance's future...

Not the same theme, just the same composer.
  • Jon McManamyJon McManamy Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    What was with that finale? it was just a jumble :confused: didn't think much of it tbh
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What was with that finale? it was just a jumble :confused: didn't think much of it tbh

The whole series has been a disappointment. It had so much promise but they wasted it.
  • MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought it was good but agree it was a jumble, all I can say is look forward to the next season or play the game for a few extra answers.
    In fact its a great time to join the game as you may get written into the show, the cross-over events (same things happening with the show & game) are getting replayed so you will get more answers.

Links to game & tv show event:

http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/07/08/play-the-game-join-the-show/
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great finale! Really excited to see what happens to the town after the Earth Republic takes over.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it. In what way was it jumbled? It addressed the various threads that had run through the series. We found the out the secret of the mines that the ex-mayor was after, and why. That linked in with Irisa and her visions and why she was called Devouring Mother, and also with the nanotechnology that brought Sukar back to life. We found out that Stahma had been lying when she claimed Datak already knew about her and Kenya, and that thread was brought to a conclusion. We had the election and its result.

There was a lot in it and they managed it pretty well, I thought. If you didn't like the series than you can't expect to like the finale.