DS Fantasy Eurovision 34 - Trondheim

Comments

• Gunner95Gunner95 Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loving sweden, it's like a Lana Del Ray clone.
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gunner95 wrote: »
    loving sweden, it's like a Lana Del Ray clone.

How is that a good thing? :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just me, or does Melissa Tkautz look like a less draggy version of Isis Gee?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Triple post but sod it. :D

A few thoughts on semi 2: Incredibly strong heat for a start. Only 8 songs qualifying is going to be brutal.

I haven't heard any of the songs from semi 3 yet but I'm pretty sure Germany will be winning the final. And I know it's a random draw but Germany followed by Luxembourg tells a really nice story lyrically I think.

Finnish may as well be a made up language, let's face it. Maija Vikkumaa is such a fab name.

Latvia need to send something like this to real eurovision, it might get them above bottom 3 in the semi for once. Same for the Netherlands actually, although their recent record isn't quite as dismal.

That mini clash at the end of the draw between Luxembourg and France doesn't leave AnnaGrace looking too healthy as far as I'm concerned. Spain benefits hugely being sandwiched between then.

Anyway, the 8 songs I'd like to see through:

Andorra
    Czech Republic
    Denmark
    France
    Germany
    Hungary
    Netherlands
    Spain

I'd be happy with all but a handful of them qualifying though. This semi really is that strong.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going by the reviews my first song is doomed. :(:D:o
  • PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member
    ok i usually don't like the favourite entry but Germany is bloody good
  • spinbrandispinspinbrandispin Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Thanks to all those who voted for Morocco!:) I thought it was a good find for Morocco; pity :rolleyes:
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AxG wrote: »
    Reminder for SF2:
    1. Denmark - Lukas Graham - Better Than Yourself
    2. Austria - Melissa Tkautz - Glamorous Life
    3. Scotland - Sandi Thom - Flesh and Blood
    4. Ireland - The Saturdays - What About Us
    5. Andorra - La Musicalite - Última noche en la tierra
    6. Georgia - Valeriy Meladze & Anastasia Prikhodko - Byezotvyetno
    7. Latvia - Jasie Kruz - It's Over
    8. Finland - Maija Vilkkumaa - Lottovoitto
    9. Croatia - Severina - Uzbuna
    10. Czech Republic - Lisa Miskovsky - Got A Friend
    11. Slovenia - Nina Pušlar - Odhajam z vetrom
    12. Switzerland - Kat Graham - Wanna Say
    13. Netherlands - Mattanja Joy Bradley - Beautiful Imperfections
    14. Cyprus - Anna Vissi - Protimo
    15. Germany - Michael Schulte - You Said You'd Grow Old With Me
    16. Luxembourg - AnnaGrace - Ready To Fall In Love
    17. Spain - Russian Red - Everyday Everynight
    18. France - Matthew Raymond Barker - Trash (tout le monde jump sur le bar)
    19. Hungary - Tóth Gabi - Elég volt

Playlist

Vote in the usual Eurovision fashion, and voting closes on the 16th February 2013.

^ Make a note of that date everyone I've sent PMs to, that is correct, and the 15th is not. :o
  • spinbrandispinspinbrandispin Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    No problem. More time for my final playthrough now..:p
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semi Final Two Review
    Denmark: This is amazing. It starts off a bit slow but by the chorus and second verse I'm a massive fan. I love his voice, it's really strong and I hope the early draw doesn't hinder it! 9/10
    Austria: Oh dear. Not a fan of this sort of song anyway, but it's spectacularly weak. 3/10
    Scotland: I've always been a fan of Sandi Thom, she's got some brilliant songs! This isn't brilliant, but it's not bad either. Just good. 6/10
    Ireland: Not really a fan of the newer Saturdays songs. Loved some of their first hits but not a big fan of this. I can never get over how beautiful Molly is, though!! 5/10
    Andorra: This has a lot of potential to be great, but it falls short and ends up a bit of a trainwreck if i'm being painfully honest. Might struggle to stand out in this heat. 4/10
    Georgia: Georgia is always a difficult country, but I don't believe that this could be the best song out there for the country at the moment. It's not bad but there's something dark and scary about it. The female parts are substantially better than the males, too. 5/10
    Latvia: Oh wow, I didn't expect this from Latvia!! This is probably one of my favourites so far in the contest, a really great song! 9/10
    Finland: I don't know whether it's just because it is following Latvia, but there's something about this that makes me not a fan. It's not bad, but it hasn't got much going for it either! 4/10
    Croatia: I had this song down for Croatia, which means it passes a certain level and honestly I'm actually liking it more with each listen. It's got the ethno-pop vibe and it's cute. Good song. 6/10
    Czech Republic: Oh, this is great. I love the feel to the song and her voice is great. The chilling verses then the cool, almost uplifting, chorus. Good song for la Republic of Czech! 8/10
    Slovenia: This is a cute little ballad. It doesn't stand out, after arun of 3 very good songs beforehand, but still good. It won't be missing out on my points, at least. 6.5/10
    Switzerland: This is nowhere near as good as Kat Graham's previous entry in this contest. Not necessarily bad but not great either. Very middle of the road for me personally. 5.5/10
    Netherlands: There's something about this that really irks me, perhaps the country feel to it, but at the same time there's something that makes me want to keep listening which is good for a song in this contest. I'll probably end up re-listening in the next 24 hours, haha. 6.5/10
    Cyprus: I have a softspot for Anna, I don't even know why. But I like this song, it's really good. I thought Slovenia was a good ballad but I think that this trumps it, even without a video, well done. 7/10
    Germany: Upon first listen after seeing it's being called the 'favourite' I was looking forward to hating it because normally I hate the 'favourites' (when they aren't my songs. ;)) but this time I actually really liked it! That being said, Denmark is so much better in the male vocalist department, so I don't think it's going to win. Perhaps i'll be wrong! 8/10
    Luxembourg: Typical europop song with a competent female singer who can belt over a strong electronic beat. Very generic, but it's okay. 6/10
    Spain: Yay this is good. I love Russian Red and I love this song! The perfect cure to the hangover those generic europop songs give me! 8.5/10
    France: Better than Luxembourg in the generic europop song division. It's good but nothing outstanding like it seems to be talked about. Middle of the road, maybe just a small advantage over other middle of the road entries. 6.5/10
    Hungary: Something about this is awesome. It reminds me of that Serbian song from real Eurovision 2 years ago (I think?). Nice song, with a nice voice singing. Good end! 7.5/10

Ideal 8 qualifiers ordered alphabetically:
    Cyprus
    Czech Republic
    Denmark
    Germany
    Hungary
    Latvia
    Slovenia
    Spain

Not quite as strong as SF1 as a whole but some very standout songs in the mix. I think the first 4/5 qualification spots are pretty solid, but the other 3/4 are pretty up for grabs!
  • avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    Reviews for SF2:

Denmark - It's quite interesting with the whole Beethoven thing. It misses a video to totally bring it to life, but not bad.

Austria - Tkautz part 1. Quite surprised she's 39. Song's fairly good, the best singer to come out of Home and Away since Dannii?

Scotland - Ah starting with the Martin Luther King speech, the old Jay Khan tactic. I think Sandi Thom was one of the first few artists we had when Scotland were first brought in, another that's not bad.

Ireland - Not sure how this will be received but it is a good song. The best so far for me.

Andorra - I like this, very different sort of song from Spain, good choice.

Georgia - Well I like Valeriy Meladze and I like Anastasia Prikhodko, but which one is better? There's only one way to find out... A surprise in some ways this has not been picked earlier for Georgia, I'd forgotten about it, it's a good song, I really like it.

Latvia - Very good song for Latvia, this will be in the final I'd expect. I think we'll be seeing a lot more of her in the future.

Finland - Finland have struggled a bit recently after a good run, this isn't bad. Without speaking the language I'm going to assume the song's about the day winning the lottery caused her house to fly.

Croatia - This is nice and upbeat, like it, good Balkan sound, pretty catchy, although someone should tell her she's 40.

Czech Republic - It's a good choice, there aren't a lot of options in the Czech Republic. Might have a chance of getting through.

Slovenia - Wasn't really a fan of Nina Puslar's last song, this is a lot different, it's inoffensive but maybe doesn't stand out enough.

Switzerland - I wasn't sure whether bringing Kat Graham back was a great idea, but then I heard the song. It's really good.

Netherlands - I really like this too, nice find.

Cyprus - Not totally feeling this one.

Germany - It's nice, he's got a bit of an Embrace sound to him, it's not really got the sort of memorable chorus that tends to draw me back to songs but it seems it will do well.

Luxembourg - As an actual song it's a bit thin, but good tempo.

Spain - Russian Red have been entered before and I never really got them then either tbh.

France - Just love this, been listening to it for ages. Great from the very start.

Hungary - I imagine this is what Ola would look like if he was Hungarian and female. Like this, great tempo and the chorus was really starting to grow on me by the end.

My preferred 8 to qualify:

Andorra
    Georgia
    Latvia
    Czech Republic
    Switzerland
    Netherlands
    France
    Hungary

I think we're up to 10 former DSFE artists in Eurovision this year now after Cascada qualifying, I still think Pyromania might possibly be the best of all the songs I've sent to this, hope they do well in Malmo.
  • stanld03stanld03 Posts: 2,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's a bit late but here's my non-qualifier votes for SF1:

4 - Azerbaijan
    2 - Northern Ireland
    1 - Tunisia
  • Gunner95Gunner95 Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think my song is going out unfortunately.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semifinal 3

Belarus
    Not really getting this one.

Poland
    This one either

Sardinia
    This is better, but its lacking something.

Israel
    Enjoyed this but its gets a bit repetitive.

Macedonia
    this is quite good :)

Slovakia
    This was just too weird for me.

Turkey
    Too Miley Cyrus/Taylor Swift like.

Greece
    This is good, I'm liking this.

Lithuania
    Another one I'm liking.

Norway
    Liking this, really glad this was changed.

Algeria
    Too generic next

Malta
    This woman gets around Austria and now Malta, prefer Austria.

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Will be hard to live up to the last Bosnian song, this isn't bad though the video is filth.

Sweden
    Too depressing for me.

Portugal
    Its pleasant though I don't get it.

Ukraine
    Its lively, actually enjoyed this.

Moldova
    This isn't so bad.

Belgium
    I didn't like this at first but its grown on me a bit.
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    I thought the results were today :eek:

Happy they weren't as I would've been DQ'ed :p
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh did we have results?
  • TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bit late but my votes for the non-qualifiers of SF1

5 - San Marino
    4 - Azerbaijan
    2 - Estonia
    1 - Northern Ireland
  • TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SF 2 review

Denmark - Not really feeling this one, just doesn't do it for me.

Austria - This is good, lacks something to make it a wow song but still a strong entry.

Scotland - Found this to be a bit boring to be honest, never really got going.

Ireland - It's a good song, but not a patch of their early stuff.

Andorra - I like this very much, a nice little pop-rock entry.

Georgia - Bit repeatative, but a nice surprise for them.

Latvia - I like this one a lot, a very good simple pop song.

Finland - Wasn't too sure at the start but it grew on me by the end.

Croatia - Not as good as her eurovision entry, but still a good song which I enjoyed.

Czech Republic - This was a strong ballad which I enjoyed listening too.

Slovenia - After the previous entry this was just a tad forgetful sadly.

Switzerland - I liked this a lot, very good to sing-a-long too.

Netherlands - Another good entry here as well, liked this one too.

Cyprus - Wasn't too keen on this one, it was nice, but nothing more for me.

Germany - Another strong ballad, very simple and it stands out compared to some of the overproduced stuff.

Luxembourg - Didn't really like this one at all to be honest, suffers from being after Germany.

Spain - I found this to be too nice and twee, not really my cup of tea.

France - Loved this, a very strong song will be getting high points from me.

Hungary - I rated this one highly too. Very good pop-rock number again.

So my 8 to qualify are:

Andorra
    Latvia
    Czech Republic
    Switzerland
    Netherlands
    Germany
    France
    Hungary
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just over 6 hours for 4 people to submit their SF2 points.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's crazy how much better sf2 is than the other two

Shame some of those songs are gonna miss out
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Bottom 5 for me

Austria
    Cyprus
    Hungary
    Slovenia
    Spain
  • PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member
    i won't be around for results as i have to work some stupid Valentines Disco tonight - eurghhh

song 2 looks as though it should be going through so lets hope for another set of double finalists :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bottom 5 for me

Austria
    Cyprus
    Hungary
    Slovenia
    Spain

Need to focus on your top 8
    Forum Member