Maks quitting

fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,106
Forum Member
✭✭
...after this season

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2206746/Maksim-Chmerkovskiy-quits-Dancing-Stars.html

Can't say I'm surprised, but I'll be sorry to see him go - I've enjoyed the good and the bad :cry:

(was going to say '...and the ugly', but he's too pretty :D:p)

Comments

• dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going by the article, it's not straight after this season.

He'll finish the three seasons on his contract.
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    Going by the article, it's not straight after this season.

He'll finish the three seasons on his contract.

Doh! :D
    Mind you, I wonder if he's saying it now in the hope of not having to serve out the last year (I might be mistaken, but I think Juilanne was allowed to exit early :confused:). I can't think it's great if you have a dancer who doesn't want to be there...
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if the producers will give him a partner with a very good chance of winning in these next two seasons!
  • Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    I wonder if the producers will give him a partner with a very good chance of winning in these next two seasons!

They better give him some good partners the next two seasons. IMO he is given people who are popular buy not good enough dancers to win the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They better give him some good partners the next two seasons. IMO he is given people who are popular buy not good enough dancers to win the show.

Maks doesn't deserve a competitor IMO. He has a vicious temper and Hope claimed he was kind of abusive, which I can well believe. His departure will be no great loss to the show.

Besides which, he has had some good partners in the past - Brandy and Mel off the top of my head.
  • Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    Rotationbl wrote: »
    Maks doesn't deserve a competitor IMO. He has a vicious temper and Hope claimed he was kind of abusive, which I can well believe. His departure will be no great loss to the show.

Besides which, he has had some good partners in the past - Brandy and Mel off the top of my head.

Maks has denied the claims made by Hope & has stated how upset he is by them. Many of his former celeb partners and his fellow pros have said that Maks is not how Hope portrayed him at all. Hope has apparently upset quite a few people with claims she has made in her book.
  • Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member
    Rotationbl wrote: »

Hope is a liar.

He will be a huge loss to the show as he one of the main reasons why a lot of people watch.

He has had good partners but he has never been given any front runners right from the beginning of the show like Derek and Mark have. Considering he is a very popular pro he should have had much more better dancers than he has been given.
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's made the right decision. I feel he's become one dimensional lately.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he's made the right decision. I feel he's become one dimensional lately.

Sadly, I think you're right
    Seems like he has some irons in the fire http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/mad_maks_quits_bWNt0xOpMQz4MYrV8tYgaN
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Sadly, I think you're right
    Seems like he has some irons in the fire http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/mad_maks_quits_bWNt0xOpMQz4MYrV8tYgaN

I hope they work out for him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope is a liar.

I have no idea if she is or not, but she's causing some ructions. Apparently in her book she claims the following:
    “Maks later told me that he had argued with the judges because he had been told we were going to be eliminated, that there was some secret memo going around that said who would be ousted each week," Solo wrote. “He explained that he wanted to cause some drama on the live portion of the show so that they wouldn’t be able to resist keeping us around, hoping for more fireworks.

“It seems to have worked -- we weren’t eliminated that week.”

From this article:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/27/hope-solo-dancing-with-the-stars-fake-rigged_n_1918633.html?utm_hp_ref=sports
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Wow, people just outright saying, that Hope is a liar. We did witness on the show Maks pushing Hope around, other pro's even took notice.