Galaxy S3 16gb for £319 in Asia.

Comments

• n1guyn1guy Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Asia you say lol.. Still doesn't beat the Nexus 4 https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_4_16gb
  • slick1twoslick1two Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In that case i'm off to Asia then, save myself a few quid on an S3 hehe. It's ok typos, happens to the best of us now and then.Good price to be honest. Attractive option for someone who was looking at an S4, could just grab this and wait for the S5
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kicking myself for the typing error as I corrected the one in the main text, just missed the subject.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    n1guy wrote: »
    In Asia you say lol.. Still doesn't beat the Nexus 4 https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_4_16gb

That's a bloomin good price.

Would have to get around least the 32gb version though (minimum) due to storage and I actually like a few of the extras Samsung put on, but you can never have the perfect phone with the updates and less bloat on the Nexus.
  • n1guyn1guy Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a bloomin good price.

Would have to get around least the 32gb version though (minimum) due to storage and I actually like a few of the extras Samsung put on, but you can never have the perfect phone with the updates and less bloat on the Nexus.

I thought the Nexus would be perfect for me, I had an SGS2 and even though it was unbranded we seemed to be last in line for updates, so I said to hell with this and went to the Nexus, but I do actually miss some of the added features you get on the likes of Touchwiz, Stock is a bit bland and very minimal
  • John_PatrickJohn_Patrick Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I bet your a member of HotUkDeals too eh?

Like on there when someone posts a genuine good deal...ie an item is a saving from the usual price...ie its a DEAL, someone always comes alongs and says that something else is better/cheaper..... whether thats the case or not, the point is the OP is pointing out to the rest that its a good price.... take it or leave it.

Anyhoo....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet your a member of HotUkDeals too eh?

Like on there when someone posts a genuine good deal...ie an item is a saving from the usual price...ie its a DEAL, someone always comes alongs and says that something else is better/cheaper..... whether thats the case or not, the point is the OP is pointing out to the rest that its a good price.... take it or leave it.

Anyhoo....

Yep - I did get it off UK Hot Deals and thought it might be good for somebody that it looking into the S3 (even though I was not).

Still have ordered my takeaway tonight via Hungry House and getting 20% off thanks to UK Hot Deals (damn you).
  • !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the Nexus would be perfect for me, I had an SGS2 and even though it was unbranded we seemed to be last in line for updates, so I said to hell with this and went to the Nexus, but I do actually miss some of the added features you get on the likes of Touchwiz, Stock is a bit bland and very minimal

You can get virtually all the features with apps. What sort of thing do you miss? Also have you tried a different launcher, such as Nova?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    !!11oneone wrote: »
    You can get virtually all the features with apps. What sort of thing do you miss? Also have you tried a different launcher, such as Nova?

I like the following (a few things that I can think of straight away - the first being the main one that I would not like to loose):

Smartstay (keeps the screen on when you are looking at it) - I love this as hate having to constantly tap screen to keep it awake and it works well for me (even in darkness as it seems to work as I have the screen brightness at full).

Directcall (just put the phone to your ear when you are reading a text and it phones the contact) - not 100% sure if this is just Samsung or Android though?

The alert thing that makes the phone vibrate when you pick it up if you have a missed call or text etc
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Stock is there for you to customise. Consider it a blank pallet. TouchWiz is Android ****ed up by an idiot.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Not sure - it's £23 more than the one I posted?

Ah right. It was £310 when i posted it.

Was only one in stock though haha. But looking at price history it seems to have been under £320 for a while.
  • pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smartstay (keeps the screen on when you are looking at it) - I love this as hate having to constantly tap screen to keep it awake and it works well for me (even in darkness as it seems to work as I have the screen brightness at full).
    Replicable with an app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.beansoft.eyespy.free
    Directcall (just put the phone to your ear when you are reading a text and it phones the contact) - not 100% sure if this is just Samsung or Android though?
    Possibly replicable - it's never I feature I've wanted (from reading text message to making a phone call is just two taps, and to be honest if I'm looking at a text then I'm far more likely to be wanting to reply via text than call!)
    The alert thing that makes the phone vibrate when you pick it up if you have a missed call or text etc
    Replicable via app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mnocompany.pickupviber..

Granted, these aren't chicken-and-egg - the Samsung version quite definitely comes along first, then a buggy, alpha/beta quality clone, but it really isn't long before there's a functional app that replicates (and in some cases, betters) any built-in feature on Samsung, HTC, etc. phones.
  • Andrew_ReidAndrew_Reid Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    If you have the money to buy a branded phone,well good,but you are getting ripped off big time,buy a unbranded phone for less than half the price!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Ah right. It was £310 when i posted it.

Was only one in stock though haha. But looking at price history it seems to have been under £320 for a while.

Blimey - that would have been a good deal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Replicable with an app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.beansoft.eyespy.free
    Possibly replicable - it's never I feature I've wanted (from reading text message to making a phone call is just two taps, and to be honest if I'm looking at a text then I'm far more likely to be wanting to reply via text than call!)

Replicable via app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mnocompany.pickupviber&feature=related_apps#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEwOSwiY29tLm1ub2NvbXBhbnkucGlja3VwdmliZXIiXQ..

Granted, these aren't chicken-and-egg - the Samsung version quite definitely comes along first, then a buggy, alpha/beta quality clone, but it really isn't long before there's a functional app that replicates (and in some cases, betters) any built-in feature on Samsung, HTC, etc. phones.

Ok thanks.

Something to bear in mind when I look for my next phone.

The call thing I use all the time as I prefer phone calls to text messages a lot of the time, but everyone's different I guess.