CS - How would you like to see Hayley exit?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
Forum Member
So sadly Corrie legend Julie Hesmondhalgh has announced she'll be leaving the role of Hayley Cropper.

Seeing as she's on screen until the end of the year, this gives storyliners a lot of scope to give her a slow-burn exit. Personally I'd like to see her develop an illness then pass away in Roy's arms around Christmas time. The preceding months would focus on the characters dealing with Hayleys terminal diagnosis of some sort - and I'm certain that both Julie and David Neilson could pull off brilliant and emotional performances.

How would everyone like to see her exit?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes i said on the other thread id like a slow burn story.

She finds out she has a illness (Cancer?) around March Time/April Time, She's alright to start with, becomes good friends with sally and she helps Hayley through this difficult time, she's getting better (Oct Time), but suddenly takes a turn for the worst and within a month she dies Leading to A Christmas exit.

Possibly a death in the cafe, or she collapses in the street , and she slowly dies in Roy's Arms. and Snow falls around her as the camera pan's away.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    her and roy should leave together happy ever after doubt that will happen but hey at least the red coat goes to :cool:
  • Owen19Owen19 Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's an okay character to be honest, I think she deserves quite a good exit. A long term illness like dementia or cancer would help bring a more emotional side to Roy because I don't think he's had much material for ages and I really want the couple to stay together so in that way they would never have split up.
  • Top_TrumpsTop_Trumps Posts: 2,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Off to Africa to do volunteer work.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Top_Trumps wrote: »

I was thinking that also, but doesn't Julie want to leave permanently? It would be great if they could leave her character open for a future return, that's about the only plausible way of doing it unless they have her leave together with Roy.
  • JamieMacdonaldJamieMacdonald Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope is away visiting Cilla and Les who have got back together and are living in Blackpool and Roy fancies a trip to Blackpool to go with Fiz to collect her so Roy begs Hayley to let him drive so they slap the L plates on and make their way and Chesney has came along too.

Everything's been going smoothly, until they hit the Preston New Road where Roy who's gotten pretty cocky starts showing off but veers over the verge on the other carriageway and gets smashed by a Scania lorry and Hayley, Fiz and Chesney perish but Roy lives and leaves the Street shortly afterwards to compete in the World Rally Championship.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Top_Trumps wrote: »

Yes maybe, but to be honest I really don't want to see her leave. Hayley and Roy are a great couple who in the soapland world of affairs and betrayal are a steadfast couple.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Axe Roy so they can sell the café and do volunteer work in Africa on a permanent basis. I don't think she should die, and I don't think I'd buy a marriage break-up under any circumstance. Do the character justice.
  • Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'll need to kill her off, no way would Roy and Hayley split. I wish Hayley werent leaving but it maybe a chance to exploit the talent off Julie and David with a dark emotional storyline. Maybe Hayley gets terminally ill? I hope they get it right with this one :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Roy murder her.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,667
    Forum Member
    I hope we aren't going to have a "Hayley met someone whilst in America with Sylvia and Milton" storyline. Nor do I particularly want to see a storyline involving her dying. If there is a way to keep the door open for her but write her out in a believable manner then that would be better.
  • funcat650funcat650 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Freeman000 wrote: »
    I'd like to see Roy murder her.

That sounds too far-fetched. Roy couldn't murder a fly.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LordLast wrote: »
    So sadly Corrie legend Julie Hesmondhalgh has announced she'll be leaving the role of Hayley Cropper.

Seeing as she's on screen until the end of the year, this gives storyliners a lot of scope to give her a slow-burn exit. Personally I'd like to see her develop an illness then pass away in Roy's arms around Christmas time. The preceding months would focus on the characters dealing with Hayleys terminal diagnosis of some sort - and I'm certain that both Julie and David Neilson could pull off brilliant and emotional performances.

How would everyone like to see her exit?

I'd like to see a dramatic death, run over.

Roy's reaction to her death would be brilliant!

I just hope they aren't going down the Mary Roy affair route, after all this is going to be BLACKBURNs work!
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have an idea, David finds out about NIck and Kylie and tries to shoot Nick and hits Hayley killing her. Only Nick witnesses it and cover his brothers tracks an makes it look like a mugging that went wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I have an idea, David finds out about NIck and Kylie and tries to shoot Nick and hits Hayley killing her. Only Nick witnesses it and cover his brothers tracks an makes it look like a mugging that went wrong.

I don't think they would go down the route of manslaughter or murder for her exit. I think it will either be an illness such as cancer or a fire, with them living in a cafe a fire seems suitable for a tragic exit.
  • Redhead69Redhead69 Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please DO NOT make Roy and Hayley splitt. They should be together until death us do part. It might be best to kill her off. Love Hayley
  • David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I love them, if Hayley's going then I'd like her to leave with Roy. If one couple deserves a happy ending, it's them.
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cancer, just like her friend Alma. I want Roy and Hayley to have a tender farewell to one another, not some sudden car crash or owt dramatic. I want everyone who was ever close to Hayley to be there at her side when she dies - Roy, Fiz, Sylvia and a brief return from Becky would be nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want Hayley to have a happy ending, probaly with Roy. She is a fab character and I will really miss her.

I think they should sell the cafe and start a new future in America with Sylvia and Milton and Milton's millions.

The cafe should be bought by new characters and have a fresh start.

Who knows, with Blackburn in charge it could all turn to shite.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    It can only end with Hayley's death.

I'd hate to see Roy & Hayley split like every other soap couple when one wants to leave.

I've a feeling it will be cancer, although I want Roy and Hayley to leave together and find their happiness in the sun/ the green pastures of Cheshire.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/corronation-street-actress-julie-hesmondhalgh-to-leave-show-145827487.html

Currently, 56% of people in the Yahoo poll say Hayley should go overseas to do charity work.
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooler wrote: »
    http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/corronation-street-actress-julie-hesmondhalgh-to-leave-show-145827487.html

Currently, 56% of people in the Yahoo poll say Hayley should go overseas to do charity work.
    To be fair, their options suck.
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Squashed by a mountain of baked beans at the Cash and Carry
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think an emotional storyline about cancer would be great aswell. Nothing dramatic or over the top, just a very sad and heartbreaking storyline in which we slowly see Hayley deteriorate over the months and eventually die in Roy's arms on Christmas Day (with sad Christmas music playing in the back ground).
  • BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will be an slow illness, similar to how Mike Baldwin went. That or something dramatic (fire at Underworld/car accident etc)