amelia lily shut up and give me whatever you got released january 13th

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,643
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
How does everyone think this will do. It has been played a lot on the music channels. Its a bit darker than you give me joy although more like the type of stuff I thought she would release.

I will say top 5 and happy xmas to all the regulars on here:)

Comments

• 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont mind the song and she looks really good in the video! :D

January is a quite month for music isn't it? So it could well go to #1
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    1992 wrote: »
    I dont mind the song and she looks really good in the video! :D

January is a quite month for music isn't it? So it could well go to #1

The radio play for this song is disappointing I think it could miss top 40 altogether...:cry:

I'm hoping to be proved wrong though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Top 20, maybe Top ten.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You bring me joy got no airplay till it charted at 2 I think
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also I really like the single cover!

http://assets7.gcstatic.com/u/apps/asset_manager/uploaded/2012/50/amelia-lily--shut-up-1355390219-custom-0.jpg

Little Mix (Bar Wings) take not please! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    like it :) whens the album out?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »
    like it :) whens the album out?

Early May 2013 :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    Early May 2013 :)

woop :D
  • docmandocman Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Who? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    The radio play for this song is disappointing I think it could miss top 40 altogether...:cry:

I'm hoping to be proved wrong though.

Its now on the radio one playlist although category c at the min
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's still hope. It's released on January 20th so just under 3 weeks of airplay, hopefully it can move to B-List.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still think it will go top 5. Capital tv seem to be playing it a lot
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always see it on the music channels, YBMJ was hardly ever played and still managed #2 so I'm hopeful. Can't wait to buy it :)
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw this on music channel last night. I really liked YBMJ but this one I think is a lot weaker. It will probably still do well though as she'll get a lot of TV and radio play. Maybe not number 1 but definitely top 5.
    Forum Member
    I hope you guys are right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am changing my mind. I think this will get to number 1 as the revews are very good
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    I am changing my mind. I think this will get to number 1 as the revews are very good

What reviews? :eek::o

Edit: The album is released on May 6, 2013:)
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strangely, she's not being supported by Capital, which'll definitely hinder her this time around. Radio 1 have only just got on board aswell and I can only see it making B-List at best. Think this'll peak between 9-15.
    Forum Member
    Strangely, she's not being supported by Capital, which'll definitely hinder her this time around. Radio 1 have only just got on board aswell and I can only see it making B-List at best. Think this'll peak between 9-15.

Capital only started giving YBMJ spins regularly a week before release, but she was 50 something on airplay at that time.She's not even in the top 100 with three weeks to go....:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

She is being played on capital radio/tv many times a day being promoted as a future hit
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    She is being played on capital radio/tv many times a day being promoted as a future hit

That makes no sense, surely her airplay count would be much higher if they were :confused:

Knowing Capital it's probably down to th fact that she forgot to thank them when YBMJ charted, I said they before they're really a petty radio station and have a lot of control over what becomes a hit and what doesn't ..:rolleyes:
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    Capital only started giving YBMJ spins regularly a week before release, but she was 50 something on airplay at that time.She's not even in the top 100 with three weeks to go....:(

Oh really? I know they playlisted it but I wasn't aware it was a week before release, how bizarre. She's low on airplay because of AI, Radio 1 should help with that, providing she climbs they playlist. If not, her fanbase seems pretty solid, albeit small but it should go top 20 atleast.

I like both singles so far, I'm guessing Truth or Dare is next but the album release is ages away, which is strange. They should bring it forward to April.
    Forum Member
    Oh really? I know they playlisted it but I wasn't aware it was a week before release, how bizarre. She's low on airplay because of AI, Radio 1 should help with that, providing she climbs they playlist. If not, her fanbase seems pretty solid, albeit small but it should go top 20 atleast.

I like both singles so far, I'm guessing Truth or Dare is next but the album release is ages away, which is strange. They should bring it forward to April.

They should but with album sales being so low even during the months which it's supposedly 'high' has been very low so it doesn't really matter. May seems like a quite time for releases and hopefully should give it some longetivity, I'm guessing if Truth or Dare is the third single it'll be released a week before the album. I don't understand why they didn't go for Truth Or Dare as the second single, it's more instant than ShutUp .
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    She facing some serious competition though Conor Maynard (due for release at the same time), Emeli (Clown is simply annoying), Rihanna and Bowie (though apparently he can't chart?). So I don't know if it's going to be a no.1 but as a Lily I must remain optimistic! She may get a top 5 but she's facing serious competition from Conor so I dunno. And are Capital still not supporting her?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ameila is on Radio1 this Sunday Morning if any of her fans are intrested :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01pqbwb