When they don't perform, why do they still get through?

makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
Forum Member
✭✭✭
You know the deal... They impress in the first audition, then when they are in front of the crowd they aren't half of what they were in the beginning.. yet they still get through due to the judges liking their previous performance.

What is the point of them even turning up of they still get let through to boot camp even if they are crap? If they don't perform their best in every performance then they should be sent home in my opinion.

Comments

• EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the exact same, which is why I think these shows need to empathise more on the first audition and it's importance. Contestants just think 'Ah well I'll prove myself next time'. In the music industry there isn't a 'next time'. Its there and then, that's when they should deliver.
  • big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's because they want some of us moaning on here about it, and the producers probably want us to backlash against the acts that blow it.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its because most of the contestants are not going to be able to perform well at every single audition as they just have'nt had the experience, so some are put through on their potential which is all they can be judged on really.
  • sstephanie40sstephanie40 Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have another theory. Most of the finalists have management representing them, who have come to an "agreement" with Syco /X Factor/ Sony that in order to put bums on seats for the tour and a record deal to put out material, their act will make the live shows, whatever the standard of their first live audition.

Hence some very ropey live performances. But don't worry, they can tidy all that up by the lives, with intensive rehearsing and recording.
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I kind of agree, but to be honest. It's not like everyone who ends up in bootcamp is particularly good anyway. Up until Judge's Houses I think a dodgy performance overlooked isn't that big of a deal.
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    to be honest for the most part i can definitely understand why they do it however i really dislike it when they don't deliver at judges houses and a contestant still gets through yet there are contestants who put their heart and soul into the performance and everything they have yet they are sent home!
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes even when people mess up their second audition, something still shines through that makes you think they haven't reached potential yet. It would have been awful to see Relley C go home because of a bad arena audition, and even whilst it was an awful song choice something still shined through. Meanwhile Euphoria Girls completely ballsed up the second time and suggested that they only got through the first audition based on their audition song.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    LW09 wrote: »
    Sometimes even when people mess up their second audition, something still shines through that makes you think they haven't reached potential yet. It would have been awful to see Relley C go home because of a bad arena audition, and even whilst it was an awful song choice something still shined through. Meanwhile Euphoria Girls completely ballsed up the second time and suggested that they only got through the first audition based on their audition song.

Agree Relley's first audition was amazing. I still can't stop listening to it...she's got a wonderful style. So I think she deserved to get through. As long as she redeems herself (I know she can sing and all) in bootcamp, this will all be fine.
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makes mockery of the whole audition process nothing surprises me about the show anymore.
  • TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think because for the first audition the acts have practiced one or two songs to death and perhaps never consider that they might have to come up with two fresher songs for the next round. So the first set they know inside out but when faced with the arena, it sounds whole lot different to a couple of hurried run-throughs they did in their bathroom mirror! I agree some have been groomed to get through but they would soon be spotted if they were consistently bad at later stages.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sometimes they can be overcome by nerves in front of all those people... but the judges might have seen a spark of something in the first audition that they think are worthwhile to gamble on for the next round which is the bootcamp...
  • EdgarKEdgarK Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any bright future a contestant has as a performer will be based on their having a voice that catches attention, some creative spark about them or some facet of personality, something out of the ordinary that makes people turn out to see them or buy their recordings. Being okay week after week doesn't cut it. So I'm more than happy with anyone who's seemed once or twice to have something special to offer, being allowed through a round or two of the competition where they fail to show it, I don't care how abysmally. It isn't as though anyone with any real chance of even a minor degree of stardom is getting turned down at the arena auditions stage in spite of delivering a good performance.
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does make the second audition seem a bit pointless when they can mess up and still get through, but I guess the judges/ producers see talent, and having a rocky journey through the competition can win fans. It happens at all different stages. If it was based on each individual stage Jahmene wouldn't have made it past bootcamp, Cher Lloyd past judges houses etc.