Lady Gaga to premiere "Aura" next Tuesday, October 8th.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
Forum Member
After the song featured in the new 'Machete Kills' trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNF2McwPyh4), it will premier on her Vevo channel next Tuesday, October 8th as confirmed by 'Just Jared';

"The full song of “Aura” will be released in a special lyric video on Tuesday (October 8)."

http://www.justjared.com/2013/10/04/lady-gagas-new-song-aura-featured-in-machete-kills-trailer/

Comments

• anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    Is this the second single?
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    sounds like it!

I think LG really wanted this but faced both fan (post swinefest) and label opposition. I am pleased that she has got what she wanted as an artist. I just know that the video will be amazing to lead the album! 'Papa-Tele-Aura'

and the Aura remixes .... wow!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    I will cut a bitch if she's ignored everyone and their gran saying "no" to this being the next single. Especially after doing a vote where Sex Dreams clearly wiped the floor with the other options. It'll be You & I over Scheisse all over again. :sleep:

I think she's just using this as a promo track, though. It fits with Machete Kills, it's in the build up to the album and we've already heard it so there's no spoilt surprise etc. This way she can get the song out there with a wee bit of exposure without pushing it, and it may do something - who knows.
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    antero wrote: »

Could be the second single, could be just a promo track. Nobody's said which way or the other yet.
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will cut a bitch if she's ignored everyone and their gran saying "no" to this being the next single. Especially after doing a vote where Sex Dreams clearly wiped the floor with the other options. It'll be You & I over Scheisse all over again. :sleep:

I think she's just using this as a promo track, though. It fits with Machete Kills, it's in the build up to the album and we've already heard it so there's no spoilt surprise etc. This way she can get the song out there with a wee bit of exposure without pushing it, and it may do something - who knows.

SchieBe is just an amazing song.
    The video would of been fantastic . oh what could have been.

Can't believe she released you and I over it. Really shocking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    SchieBe is just an amazing song.
    The video would of been fantastic . oh what could have been.

Can't believe she released you and I over it. Really shocking.

To be fair to her, You & I was a hit in the US and did help her there. It was just such a missed opportunity to not have it as a double single with Scheisse (which in turn probably wouldn't have clicked in the US).

Like you say, the video would have been fantastic if nothing else.
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This era is like Born This Way II.

First we had an underwhelming, over-hyped, mediocre lead single with atrociously ham-fisted lyrics. Next it looks like we're getting a "controversial" second single, that has disjointed verses clashing with a decent pop chorus, with lyrics that are hoped to bait religious people into giving her attention. However, no one will care. Also "Aura-ah-ah" sounds just like "Judah-Judah-ah"
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think 'Venus' is the second single from the album.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Will this actually be released on iTunes on Tuesday?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    antero wrote: »

It may not be for now, as the lyric video being released next Tuesday is a "machete kills themed" one.

It will more than likely be used to promote the film, though Aura is the continuation in the Paparazzi-Telephone trilogy. If it's not the second single, it will be eventually.
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It may not be for now, as the lyric video being released next Tuesday is a "machete kills themed" one.

It will more than likely be used to promote the film, though Aura is the continuation in the Paparazzi-Telephone trilogy. If it's not the second single, it will be eventually.

I think this is only speculation, not fact! I mean its my guess too but there's no confirmation from gaga's camp is there??
  • LMLM Posts: 63,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope she follows up with a tracklisting and a album cover soon as well
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exciting! :)
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Lady Gaga, but I'm not too excited about this being the second single. Just because I've heard the leaked version already so that takes the excitement. I don't find it one of her better songs. I liked Applause much more than this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're getting the album cover on monday apparently, it's designed by Jeff Koons so should be something special! I think Aura will be just a promo single because of machete kills... at least that's what I hope!
    She's been dropping loads of hints about 'venus' so possibly it's a song title and might be the next main one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think 'Aura' goes to iTunes on Tuesday with the album cover attached (doing it's job as the promo single)
    Forum Member
    I think this is only speculation, not fact! I mean its my guess too but there's no confirmation from gaga's camp is there??

There's no definite confirmation, but before the iTunes festival she said that she would play the continuation during her set. Compared to everything else that she played during the set, sonically it would make the most sense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no definite confirmation, but before the iTunes festival she said that she would play the continuation during her set. Compared to everything else that she played during the set, sonically it would make the most sense.

Yes I would agree with that too! However she has a penchant for changing her mind so who knows whether it will continue to be the video continuation? If it doesn't do well as a promo single then maybe she'll have to find another song to finish off the trilogy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    She did say in one of her radio interviews, during the time people were asked to vote on the 2nd single, that if they wanted to see the third part of the video trilogy, they needed to vote for Aura.

I'm glad it's being used as a buzz/promo single and I'm actually thinking that footage from the film made into a video for the song would make a pretty perfect video to finish the trilogy.

The song's batshit crazy but I've loved it since it leaked (although I don't think that was an accident now). The chorus is a beast and the verses get better every time I listen to them. It could do with another chorus or 2 at the end but other than that, it's great. It most definitely won't be a hit though, as it's far too nutty to hold any mainstream appeal, and I can't see radio touching this with a bargepole in the US.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's kind of a love/hate song really from what I can gather from it's reception. I love it, I think it's a clever song and the use of different sounds in one song is really good (and how they fit well) but then some say it's a poor song with too many sounds in one song and is a poor choice, so make it of all what you will :p
    Forum Member
    PaulM1983 wrote: »
    She did say in one of her radio interviews, during the time people were asked to vote on the 2nd single, that if they wanted to see the third part of the video trilogy, they needed to vote for Aura.

I'm glad it's being used as a buzz/promo single and I'm actually thinking that footage from the film made into a video for the song would make a pretty perfect video to finish the trilogy.

The song's batshit crazy but I've loved it since it leaked (although I don't think that was an accident now). The chorus is a beast and the verses get better every time I listen to them. It could do with another chorus or 2 at the end but other than that, it's great. It most definitely won't be a hit though, as it's far too nutty to hold any mainstream appeal, and I can't see radio touching this with a bargepole in the US.

I thought she said something along those lines, but I wasn't sure whether it was just me or not!

The song is being used, for now, to promote the film rather than ARTPOP. The lyrics video, according to MTV, will be in a "Machete Kills" style too.

Whether they actually choose it to be a promo single or just a later single for the album or not...
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    i adore 'aura'

for me it is representative of LG as a true artist rather than a pop puppet.

I am sure that the leak was intended as the it is only the vocals that are in LQ? It is a marmite track. Fantastic!
  • Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is it? :cry:
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Where is it? :cry:

This.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently we're getting it at around 7pm UK time