Hannah "I'm happy with how I was portrayed"

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,247
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Reading this article which Hannah linked to on Twitter, it appears she really did have a positive time on The Voice:

“Looking back on my time on the show, I’m happy with how I was portrayed,” Hannah said, in contrast to comments made by Ruth Ann St Luce who also left the competition on Sunday.

The 21-year-old singer was full of praise for coach Danny, even if it was his decision to send her home.

She explained: “Danny was a top mentor! He spent loads of time with us, especially on a Friday and Saturday. Checking that we were alright, it was literally down to every camera shot he was checking. I’ve got nothing bad to say about him at all, even after he chose Max Milner, I still can’t find anything bad to say!”

Read more: http://tellymix.co.uk/interviews/86374-the-voice-uk-hannah-berney-interview-ive-learned-a-lot-about-myself.html#ixzz1uGRpquRA

Comments

• shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Nice. Finally someone who didn't blame the edit for their elimination or how they came across.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice. Finally someone who didn't blame the edit for their elimination or how they came across.

Definitely. I am really impressed with how Hannah has dealt with her elimination :)
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems like such a nice girl. I'm sad that she had to go, but her and Max as the bottom 2 was completely wrong IMO. I would have preferred David and Aleks in the bottom 2 with Aleks going.
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    She seems like such a nice girl. I'm sad that she had to go, but her and Max as the bottom 2 was completely wrong IMO. I would have preferred David and Aleks in the bottom 2 with Aleks going.

Same, I don't rate Aleks at all, but his fanbase is growing now judging by Twitter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same, I don't rate Aleks at all, but his fanbase is growing now judging by Twitter.

Alex, although talented, isn't one of my favourite in team Danny either :o

I think I might be in the wrong age group as I'm not a teenage lass, to really 'get him'..... :D
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buttons88 wrote: »
    Alex, although talented, isn't one of my favourite in team Danny either :o

I think I might be in the wrong age group as I'm not a teenage lass, to really 'get him'..... :D

I'm in that "wrong age group" and I thought his performance had real charm. I've always thought Aleks had one of the best tones in the competition so, while I don't think his voice is the winning voice, I do think it has been underestimated by some.

I am glad Hannah left on a high note, her graciousness will take her further than her voice alone. Most of the eliminated US contestants have been very positive about their coaches and their experience generally in their leaving speech. There was one exception last week in the semis but overall I've been impressed with the attitudes displayed.
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    Good for Hannah. Reflects well on her.

Aleks? I'm 56 and I love him. He has a pleasant voice and he's cute. OK, I'm his gran. But still.....
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm in that "wrong age group" and I thought his performance had real charm. I've always thought Aleks had one of the best tones in the competition so, while I don't think his voice is the winning voice, I do think it has been underestimated by some.

I am glad Hannah left on a high note, her graciousness will take her further than her voice alone. Most of the eliminated US contestants have been very positive about their coaches and their experience generally in their leaving speech. There was one exception last week in the semis but overall I've been impressed with the attitudes displayed.

BIB: Very true. I hadn't really noticed her before Saturday, but I thought she was very good and it was a pity she had to go.

Aleks? Another one I hadn't really noticed, but as somebody else has said his performance had real charm. But then, I'm happy to hear a simple song sung well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Very classy Hannah. I thought she was superb on Saturday but I predicted she would go home. A confident - bordering on aggressive - performance from an attractive young female is never a telephone vote winner. Especially in Danny's team. But I thought she was genuinely talented and I wish her luck.
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buttons88 wrote: »
    Reading this article which Hannah linked to on Twitter, it appears she really did have a positive time on The Voice:

“Looking back on my time on the show, I’m happy with how I was portrayed,” Hannah said, in contrast to comments made by Ruth Ann St Luce who also left the competition on Sunday.

The 21-year-old singer was full of praise for coach Danny, even if it was his decision to send her home.

She explained: “Danny was a top mentor! He spent loads of time with us, especially on a Friday and Saturday. Checking that we were alright, it was literally down to every camera shot he was checking. I’ve got nothing bad to say about him at all, even after he chose Max Milner, I still can’t find anything bad to say!”

Read more: http://tellymix.co.uk/interviews/86374-the-voice-uk-hannah-berney-interview-ive-learned-a-lot-about-myself.html#ixzz1uGRpquRA

Well done, Hannah. Such class! :D
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see she's taking it so well, though in fairness, she had absolutely nothing to complain about. Her edit was great! :) I'm still a bit sad that she went home so soon though, she definitely wasn't amongst the weakest in the competition and could have gotten to the final if she was in Jessie or even Will's group.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an odd website. There's a link at the bottom to another article (http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-voice/86373-the-voice-uks-hannah-berney-wanted-a-band-instead-of-dancers.html) where they've taken the same quotes but then presented them in a way that DOES make her sound bitter (I wanted a band instead of dancers, Jessie should've criticsed producers not me, etc). Daily Mail school of journalism there...
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Hannah all the best for the future. Very talented.
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes. I liked her, her voice and personality. I'd haev not minded if the guy she was in the bottom two with had gone actually. I prefered Bill over him in the battle rounds and so wouldn't have been bothered if he'd gone. But whoever had gone from that team would have been a good singer (even if not your prefered style).
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    I think Hannah was one of the best on the show, but Danny's team is ridiculously strong so its very unfortunate.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's nice to hear that Hannah is so upbeat about her time on the show. I wish she'd stayed longer, but not to be.